How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by BBkat »

-Ogrepon plush arrived
-got the shipping email for my purse
-got an email that amounts to 'sorry for the delay, item is popular but it will come' about my sandals (just as long as it arrives b4 August)
-STILL waiting for information on the pins :sleep:
castlevania
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by castlevania »

since yesterday, physically, i've been... eugh. not fun coming into office like this for work. i cant wait to feel better soon.
i have been obsessed with learning to paint with watercolors and gouache after not doing traditional art for 5 years, but its hard having the time and energy to after work.

in other words im excited to try out old school runescape for the first time!
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

I'm running off of 3 hours of sleep today because I just could not sleep last night and was up until 5AM. And I have work to do today.
I can already tell this is going to go horribly considering some of that work includes my least favorite programming language, JSON. (C# at least very obviously dies if you forget a ; somewhere. JSON just sits in the corner and says nothing about the fact you forgot a comma somewhere.)
I'm calling it now, I'll miss at least one warning from Visual Studio about a missing comma.
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

I'm going to lose my fucking mind. It is now, once again, Thursday. STILL no visas from the VN government. They have had our documents since May 28th. What. The. Actual. Fuck.

To give context, this is a 2 week process normally. We are calling and going in-person every other day. They just keep saying "oh maybe tomorrow" and that's the only answer we've gotten for 3 weeks now.

We have our current rental for one more night, so if it isn't approved by tomorrow I will have to pay AGAIN for another rental and move AGAIN. We've moved rentals 4 times this month because of the visa bullshit.

On a positive note: today is my 1 yr wedding anniversary and it was a good day. Hubs and I just chilled, went to a rooftop bar for some nice photos, and then had Indian food. Very chill anniversary.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

DAMNIT! D:
The sandals I ordered didn't come in and they sent me a refund on them instead.

edit: I said fuck it and went out and bought sandals in store instead.
Real
CreaturesTrade

Post by Real »

Uh, I love ordering stuff online but hate it when I have to go meet with the delivery people. They always call when I'm doing something like... eating, doing my nails, getting out of a shower. So I always have to scramble to get dressed and go down, and they're always impatient. I really wish all of these delivery companies had EasyBoxes, not just SameDay :sweat:
by Saebra
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

Back with a text wall again. TL;DR is emotions are the worst.
Mental stuff again, text wall warning, some profanity
I'm suddenly feeling really overwhelmed and I don't even know what's causing it. Probably just really stressed, but I also can't figure out why that would be the case right now.
Normally I'd just blame my stress issues (I sometimes just get stressed out for no reason, so I always bring stress relievers with me) in this situation, but I... really don't think they're the cause this time.
It gets made worse by the fact not knowing why I feel like that is causing frustration, which adds to that overwhelmed feeling, and I just can barely even think right now. The heat is absolutely not helping (It's at a level where I, someone who still prefers long-sleeved shirts even in warmer weather, am wearing a T-Shirt with a very light jacket over it. It's unbearable and my laptop is not having it), the fact I haven't been sleeping all that well these past days probably isn't helping either, and nearly having panic attacks because of the bugs (fuck this time of year, there's nothing good about summer IMO) also isn't helping.
It's not like other emotions that cause me genuine mental pain lately like my internal conflicts, either. It's just randomly feeling overwhelmed and not knowing why, and I'm not even sure how to explain it to my parents right now.

I'd roleplay to try and get my mind off of things but none of the ones I'm active in on TCF are currently active (2 are waiting on someone with very inconsistent activity levels and the third is just suffering from timezones and schedules; the remaining RPs don't count because I'm either just spectating until I find a way to get back on track mentally or am not entirely motivated for), and I'm not sure if I could play Eivee right in the roleplay I'm in here at the moment. And I keep being too nervous to try and revive one on Flight Rising that I really want to attempt to get going again. And I don't really want to join any new roleplays because keeping up with the ones I'm in is currently already a bit challenging, combined with A) Not being very confident in joining roleplays outside of TCF (I just tend to lose track too quickly), B) Preferring to use characters from my own worlds (Which would need me to explain those worlds, and differences in available BBCode on other sites would make putting my lore thread that explains at least some parts of them on those sites range from "really impractical" (PFQ, which uses hide tags instead of spoiler tags; Here, where I'm just not sure where I would put it; Xanje, where I also don't know where I'd put it) to "Literally fucking impossible" (Flight Rising, which doesn't have spoiler boxes but instead its spoiler tag just puts a black background around the text to hide it)), and C) Having somewhat specific preferences and interests towards which RPs I'm interested in to begin with (long story).
I'd work on one of my projects if I could decide which and if I wasn't feeling demotivated after a very long day.

My only real option left is reading a manga I picked up... last night... and I'm worried I'd just get bored.

Listening to music isn't really an option either, my wireless headphones aren't fully charged right now and my only available wired pair is at least a decade old, only has one working speaker (the right one, which to add insult to injury that ear kinda hurts for me right now and I don't want to play sound into that one too much. Yes, I am in fact too lazy to just wear my headphones backwards even though the shape they are (Headband) make that possible.), and has a volume limit that combined with the very noisy fan I'm using to make the heat a bit less unbearable means I can barely even hear the music through that one working speaker.

These "I hate literally everything, myself included" attacks are stupid and I want them to stop but I don't think they will until the summer is over.
On a related note I'd really appreciate it if the world's governments could stop focusing on who to kill for a year or two and deal with the global warming issue a bit better first. I miss when winters could have snowball fights here at a somewhat decent chance despite my area being under sea level. :t-pout:
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

@EstherGamer I feel you on the heat this summer. I'm so ready to be moved out of our old place where the AC has died. It's somehow cooler outside than it is inside the house. My husband called to check on me and youngest several times today to make sure we weren't getting overheated and to remind us to hydrate. Once I finished work for the day we went to a local restaurant for dinner (because who wants to cook in this heat) and we're enjoying getting to cool off in the AC for a little while.

My In-laws, who are helping with the last little bit of the move tomorrow, have been warned there is no cool air. I just worry we won't be able to fit everything. I really want us out of the house completely by Sunday but I don't know how realistic that is.
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
Gingy
HotA Moderator
CreaturesTrade

Post by Gingy »

Trying to find another job sucks. It does not help I am terrible at interviews. I stutter and stammer and hate getting put on the spot with questions. Ugh. T_T

Wow so many new creatures around. I can't believe it's been 15 years.
Image <3 Image <3
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

Spoiler
So, I called my tv provider because the remote I have from them will not make my in-tv DVD player function. So, they said I needed to upgrade my equipment. So, fast forward to today. They get everything installed and promptly say that the new remote will not work either. I mean, I can use the TV to make DVDs play, but I was hoping to have a remote to make things easier.
:facepalm:
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImage

Return to β€œCommunity Discussion”