OFFICIAL: New Suggestions Thread

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: OFFICIAL: New Suggestions Thread

Post by Rosehill »

Altairia wrote: May 26th, 2024, 3:57:13 pm One thing that gives me trouble is when I try to find out if I actually own a certain species, rather than just have a bunch of frozen eggs from stream cleaning, so I would like for example a toggle to ignore frozen eggs when I check the records/bestiary.
You could at least partly achieve this by playing around with the stats (https://magistream.com/stats) page.

You can filter the columns by putting in e.g. "=0" or "<1" (lose the quotation marks) in one of the adult columns, or sort the table by adult or hatchling amounts to see whether you have those or not. Or if you have a specific species you want to check, just filter the table by the species name or part of it to get an overview of how many of each stage you have of those. Would that work for what you're trying to do? :orly:
Trissan wrote: May 26th, 2024, 4:24:35 pm Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but a setting or toggle in the breeding menu that would allow you to hide creatures related to each other. Maybe lineaged/non-lineaged creatures as well? This would make it easier to navigate the menu if you have many of the same type of creature and you want to avoid inbreeding.

It would also be great to be able to set two creatures as "bonded" or "mates", similarly to the Progenitors of a lineage. Most of the time I want to continue breeding the same two creatures, and this type of setting would be very useful for that. It would make navigation easier and prevent mistakes. For me this can be entirely outside of lineages but also between a lineaged creature and its non-lineaged mate.
Apart from lineaged creatures the way Magistream has been built doesn't make it very easy to tell if two creatures are related or not, so it's quite unlikely that a toggle like that would be made. :derp:

For the lineaged/non-lineaged I would suggest using different tabs in your keep and using the mass move features to move creatures with parents to one tab and creatures without parents to another. That way when you go to breed your creature you can select e.g. the tab with only parentless creatures, so only those show as breeding partner options.

As for breeding the same pair again, you can take advantage of the breeding records page (https://magistream.com/records/breeding) and its "breed again" link. ^.^
Official MS Instagram | Official MS Facebook page | Official MS X/Twitter
Image Free Magistream Nursery
Meet Mr. Rufous Scrimgeour -->
Rosehill completely away June 25th - July 7th, intermittently away July 7th - August 11th.
Altairia
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Altairia »

Rosehill wrote: May 27th, 2024, 2:03:49 am
Altairia wrote: May 26th, 2024, 3:57:13 pm One thing that gives me trouble is when I try to find out if I actually own a certain species, rather than just have a bunch of frozen eggs from stream cleaning, so I would like for example a toggle to ignore frozen eggs when I check the records/bestiary.
You could at least partly achieve this by playing around with the stats (https://magistream.com/stats) page.

You can filter the columns by putting in e.g. "=0" or "<1" (lose the quotation marks) in one of the adult columns, or sort the table by adult or hatchling amounts to see whether you have those or not. Or if you have a specific species you want to check, just filter the table by the species name or part of it to get an overview of how many of each stage you have of those. Would that work for what you're trying to do? :orly:
I think that would work, thanks for the advice!
Visit my new shop!
~~~
Looking for gender swaps- see the corresponding tab in my keep!
~~~
My wishlist!
🎂12th of Jan

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Please help me grow these guys as well! <3
kunigund
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by kunigund »

- There are some useful things in Rosehill's "About me" (and I think also in someone else's, but I forgot) and, for example, I use the breeding shortcut all the time. Perhaps this could be expanded (e.g., how to move all critters of a certain species? how to add the breeding enhancer?) and collected somewhere in the FAQ?

- Regarding breeding (conventional way by clicking "breed" and selecting a mate): It would be useful if the selected tab could be highlighted, for example by changing its color (it is underlined now but pretty camouflaged otherwise).
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

kunigund wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 6:54:22 am - There are some useful things in Rosehill's "About me" (and I think also in someone else's, but I forgot) and, for example, I use the breeding shortcut all the time. Perhaps this could be expanded (e.g., how to move all critters of a certain species? how to add the breeding enhancer?) and collected somewhere in the FAQ?

- Regarding breeding (conventional way by clicking "breed" and selecting a mate): It would be useful if the selected tab could be highlighted, for example by changing its color (it is underlined now but pretty camouflaged otherwise).
Unfortunately moving all creatures of certain species, or adding the breeding enhancer don't have url shortcuts the same way that e.g. naming, freezing, or breeding in general does. :derp:

The selected tabs in all views should already have other visual indicators, I'll check what's going on with that. :orly:
Rosehill completely away June 25th - July 7th, intermittently away July 7th - August 11th.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

I think the Deiaurnox Bestiary should us some clarification on how the "rotating" sprites work for them.

At the moment it just says the sprites rotate based on time of day, which suggests it works like OTHER rotating sprites and the creature you have will change. But it doesn't. Digging up the release thread reveals the "rotating" is more "which form is available rotates based on time of day", so if you have a light form it'll always be light, and a dark will always be dark, not that they can change into each other. Cause it's based on when you get them.
Which invites confusion when someone thinks it will change and then it does not.

Edit: Or just clarification on HOW it works. Some people are saying they DO rotate, some say it's based on when you got it but there's never been confirmation one way or another D: How DO they work?
Rosehill
Coder
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

BBkat wrote: June 22nd, 2024, 2:00:53 pm I think the Deiaurnox Bestiary should us some clarification on how the "rotating" sprites work for them.

At the moment it just says the sprites rotate based on time of day, which suggests it works like OTHER rotating sprites and the creature you have will change. But it doesn't. Digging up the release thread reveals the "rotating" is more "which form is available rotates based on time of day", so if you have a light form it'll always be light, and a dark will always be dark, not that they can change into each other. Cause it's based on when you get them.
Which invites confusion when someone thinks it will change and then it does not.

Edit: Or just clarification on HOW it works. Some people are saying they DO rotate, some say it's based on when you got it but there's never been confirmation one way or another D: How DO they work?
The Deiaurnox sprites rotate based on the time of day just the same as other creatures that rotate based on the time of day, if the Deaurnox is not gotten from the stream, i.e. the bred ones. The light sprite is visible from midday to midnight, and the dark sprite is visible from midnight to midday. Naming stops the rotation for bred ones. For the ones picked from the stream they will remain the color matching the time of when they were picked up.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Rosehill wrote: June 22nd, 2024, 3:36:33 pm
BBkat wrote: June 22nd, 2024, 2:00:53 pm I think the Deiaurnox Bestiary should us some clarification on how the "rotating" sprites work for them.

The Deiaurnox sprites rotate based on the time of day just the same as other creatures that rotate based on the time of day, if the Deaurnox is not gotten from the stream, i.e. the bred ones. The light sprite is visible from midday to midnight, and the dark sprite is visible from midnight to midday. Naming stops the rotation for bred ones. For the ones picked from the stream they will remain the color matching the time of when they were picked up.
AH! I did not realize there was a difference for bred vs SB ones! That is good to know and may be what was messing us up.
Thank you! :woo:
Raspberri
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raspberri »

I think it would be awesome to have sub-tabs for creatures. That way similar tabs could be sorted under a more general tab, and there'd be less clutter.
Wishlist: Any parentless, unnamed creatures. :yey:

On the lookout for (frozen) parentless hatchlings and eggs at "pretty" percentages:
xx.x0 % / xx.x0 %
xx.x0 % / xx.x5 %
xx.99 % / xx.00 %
to name a few ~

If you think you have something I'd like and are willing to sell, please PM me with an offer! :haha: :bounce:

Return to “Support and Suggestions”