OFFICIAL: New Suggestions Thread

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: OFFICIAL: New Suggestions Thread

Post by Rosehill »

Altairia wrote: May 26th, 2024, 3:57:13 pm One thing that gives me trouble is when I try to find out if I actually own a certain species, rather than just have a bunch of frozen eggs from stream cleaning, so I would like for example a toggle to ignore frozen eggs when I check the records/bestiary.
You could at least partly achieve this by playing around with the stats (https://magistream.com/stats) page.

You can filter the columns by putting in e.g. "=0" or "<1" (lose the quotation marks) in one of the adult columns, or sort the table by adult or hatchling amounts to see whether you have those or not. Or if you have a specific species you want to check, just filter the table by the species name or part of it to get an overview of how many of each stage you have of those. Would that work for what you're trying to do? :orly:
Trissan wrote: May 26th, 2024, 4:24:35 pm Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but a setting or toggle in the breeding menu that would allow you to hide creatures related to each other. Maybe lineaged/non-lineaged creatures as well? This would make it easier to navigate the menu if you have many of the same type of creature and you want to avoid inbreeding.

It would also be great to be able to set two creatures as "bonded" or "mates", similarly to the Progenitors of a lineage. Most of the time I want to continue breeding the same two creatures, and this type of setting would be very useful for that. It would make navigation easier and prevent mistakes. For me this can be entirely outside of lineages but also between a lineaged creature and its non-lineaged mate.
Apart from lineaged creatures the way Magistream has been built doesn't make it very easy to tell if two creatures are related or not, so it's quite unlikely that a toggle like that would be made. :derp:

For the lineaged/non-lineaged I would suggest using different tabs in your keep and using the mass move features to move creatures with parents to one tab and creatures without parents to another. That way when you go to breed your creature you can select e.g. the tab with only parentless creatures, so only those show as breeding partner options.

As for breeding the same pair again, you can take advantage of the breeding records page (https://magistream.com/records/breeding) and its "breed again" link. ^.^
Altairia
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Altairia »

Rosehill wrote: May 27th, 2024, 2:03:49 am
Altairia wrote: May 26th, 2024, 3:57:13 pm One thing that gives me trouble is when I try to find out if I actually own a certain species, rather than just have a bunch of frozen eggs from stream cleaning, so I would like for example a toggle to ignore frozen eggs when I check the records/bestiary.
You could at least partly achieve this by playing around with the stats (https://magistream.com/stats) page.

You can filter the columns by putting in e.g. "=0" or "<1" (lose the quotation marks) in one of the adult columns, or sort the table by adult or hatchling amounts to see whether you have those or not. Or if you have a specific species you want to check, just filter the table by the species name or part of it to get an overview of how many of each stage you have of those. Would that work for what you're trying to do? :orly:
I think that would work, thanks for the advice!
Visit my new shop!
~~~
Looking for gender swaps- see the corresponding tab in my keep!
~~~
My wishlist!
🎂12th of Jan

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Please help me grow these guys as well! <3
kunigund
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by kunigund »

- There are some useful things in Rosehill's "About me" (and I think also in someone else's, but I forgot) and, for example, I use the breeding shortcut all the time. Perhaps this could be expanded (e.g., how to move all critters of a certain species? how to add the breeding enhancer?) and collected somewhere in the FAQ?

- Regarding breeding (conventional way by clicking "breed" and selecting a mate): It would be useful if the selected tab could be highlighted, for example by changing its color (it is underlined now but pretty camouflaged otherwise).
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

kunigund wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 6:54:22 am - There are some useful things in Rosehill's "About me" (and I think also in someone else's, but I forgot) and, for example, I use the breeding shortcut all the time. Perhaps this could be expanded (e.g., how to move all critters of a certain species? how to add the breeding enhancer?) and collected somewhere in the FAQ?

- Regarding breeding (conventional way by clicking "breed" and selecting a mate): It would be useful if the selected tab could be highlighted, for example by changing its color (it is underlined now but pretty camouflaged otherwise).
Unfortunately moving all creatures of certain species, or adding the breeding enhancer don't have url shortcuts the same way that e.g. naming, freezing, or breeding in general does. :derp:

The selected tabs in all views should already have other visual indicators, I'll check what's going on with that. :orly:

Return to “Support and Suggestions”