TLOTT CONTEST ANOUNCING WINNERS

Share any written short stories, novels, or poetry

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

TLOTT CONTEST ANOUNCING WINNERS

Post by MissMurderPaws »

I DID NOT WRITE THIS STORY!!!!
There was once a tyrant king who was a semi barrbarian. He enjoyed bloodshed. One of the towns favorite thing to do was to watch a man prove his innocence or die trying. There were two doors, exsactly like eachother, the only difference was that behind one there was a beautiful maiden, behind the other was a blood thirsty tiger.
A man fell in love with one of the kings children. She was to be queen when her father passed. They happily stayed together for many months without anyone knowing. It wasn't long before he found out. He ordered the man prove his guilt with the tiger. He was cast into the pit as spectatores looked on in sadness to lose such a fine man. The princess watched coldly from her chair beside the king. She knew that behind one door was another beautiful maiden. She had looked at her lover with longing in her eyes, the princess didn't like it. She looked to her lover, he at her, She flicked her hand to the right. The man walked to the door and opened it.....
I want you to finish this story. You can enter as many entries as you want but after the first you must pay 100g for each new entry. There are no losers or restrictions. every one will get something for entering.
ends april 1st
1st place
2nd place
3rd place
For participating
Randomly selected event creatures
Last edited by MissMurderPaws on April 1st, 2011, 10:05:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
I try to return clicks! Thank you so much for any clicks!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Live for Dethklok. Die for Dethklok.
Mother of Monsters DiscordMy F2U Base Library
pearlevil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: THE LADY OR THE TIGER CONTEST (everyone wins a prize)

Post by pearlevil »

There was once a tyrant king who was a semi barrbarian. He enjoyed bloodshed. One of the towns favorite thing to do was to watch a man prove his innocence or die trying. There were two doors, exsactly like eachother, the only difference was that behind one there was a beautiful maiden, behind the other was a blood thirsty tiger.

A man fell in love with one of the kings children. She was to be queen when her father passed. They happily stayed together for many months without anyone knowing. It wasn't long before he found out. He ordered the man prove his guilt with the tiger. He was cast into the pit as spectatores looked on in sadness to lose such a fine man. The princess watched coldly from her chair beside the king. She knew that behind one door was another beautiful maiden. She had looked at her lover with longing in her eyes, the princess didn't like it. She looked to her lover, he at her, She flicked her hand to the right. The man walked to the door and opened it.....

And out came the blood thirsty tiger, the tiger looked at the scrawny man with eyes of fire. The man shivered in fright, his face was sweating intensly. The tiger began to circle around the man, it watched his everymove. The tiger looked inside of the man, the tiger read his heart. The tiger stoped circling, then turned to look at the king.

"How could you do this to such an idocent man!" the tiger roared at the king, fire burst from the tiger's notrils, the tiger's eyes where lit with fire. "He was with my daughter!" cried the king. "There for, he must, eh, die!" The tiger lept from the stadium, and when he was in mid jump, wings of flame sprouted from his shoulders.

"Only men this foul deserve to die!" roared the tiger, flame burst from his mouth. The tiger flew over too the king's seat. The tiger growled, showing his teeth. The King screamed, the crowed cheered, the tiger grabed the king with a flaming paw. "Now this, is for all the people who you have sent here!" roared the tiger, then put the king on his tounge. The tigers tounge fliped backwards, the king was gone.

Epilouge

After the events at the stadium, the princess and the man got married and had four children, and they lived happily ever after, along with their pet tiger.

THE END!!!

I hope you liked it. :t-^_^:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

I hope you're not trying to claim that you wrote this story. You should probably clarify that it's not yours, but rather a summarization of a short story written by Frank R. Stockton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lady,_or_the_Tiger%3F
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by MissMurderPaws »

oh i know its not mine i read it and thought it would make a great contest
oh and great work pearlevil
MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by MissMurderPaws »

bump
Lunaheart
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lunaheart »

Maybe you should clarify that. I would join if it is clarified.

Looking for Donis on my wishlist. See my profile for details on what I have to offer.
Sarge is one of my Keep Guardians along with Durakro.

ImageImage
AT&T Link
MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by MissMurderPaws »

OKAY BUT PLZ DONT POST UNLESS U PLAN TO WRITE
Lunaheart
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lunaheart »

How long does the story have to be???

Looking for Donis on my wishlist. See my profile for details on what I have to offer.
Sarge is one of my Keep Guardians along with Durakro.

ImageImage
AT&T Link
MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by MissMurderPaws »

doesn't matter
Niada
CreaturesTrade

Post by Niada »

Spoiler
The man walked to the door and opened it...

Inside was the fair maiden, her hands clasped together and her head bowed. She looked up when she heard the door open, and her mouth parted in a gasp when she realized what had happened. Taking small hesitant steps, she approached the man and took his hands gently in her own.

The man was only partly relieved. He glanced at his hands that held those of the beautiful maiden, but then he turned his head and glanced up at the princess, who still sat by her place with the king. His gaze consisted of shock and awe. He knew the princess. She was not very kind, like the maiden he was expected to marry now, and she was not at all gentle. She could be brash and rather aggressive, and during those times, it was clear who her father was.

On the other hand, the maiden was none of those things. She had a pure heart and would be the perfect wife; it had been tempting from the moment he met her to leave the princess for a normal, quiet life, and he had flirted with the maiden with those thoughts in mind.

But the man had fallen in love with the princess and who she truely was deep inside. Despite the hardships a live by her side would bring, he would have real happiness in the end. He mouthed her name at her, as a question asking if telling him to choose the door with the maiden had been a blessing or a curse from the princess.

The princess looked back at her lover with a cold stare, but her gaze softened slightly at the sight of his lost expression and uncertainty. Her own thoughts were in turmoil as she questioned her decision as well, but her mind cleared when she decided in a moment what she would do.

Turning to the king, she said, "Father, the man is innocent. Why should he now be forced into an unwilling marriage?"

The king scowled at her, irritated that the man had chosen the nonlethal door and would not be messily killed by a tiger. "For making me go through with this mess, obviously. If he had not tried to seduce you away from your responsibilities as heir, I wouldn't had to set up this trial. Besides, he gets a pretty woman; he has no reason to complain. Now be quiet."

The ruler stood from his throne, but his daughter rose as well, her hands now clenched into trembling fists. "Seduce me?" She said, her words giving voice to her growing rage. "I and not a weak-minded child; I knew very well what I was getting into."

The king turned and glared at her. "Should your words be true, then you would not be my daughter. Close your silly mouth, child and leave matters to me. This is my kingdom after all."

But the princess was in a righteous fury now, and would not back down. She pressed her mouth into a thin line before speaking again in a wavering voice filled with her anger, "Then I must not be your daughter." Suddenly, she pulled a sharp dagger out from one sleeve with a steady hand and pressed the tip against the king's heart.

The crowd of spectators froze, while the maiden in the pit clung to the lover's arm in fright. She was shaken off, however, and the man stood tall, his gaze locked on the princess's face. All other eyes were fixated on the sharp blade that threatened their king, who only threw his head back and barked with laughter before looking the princess in the eye. "You wouldn't dare," he said in a hushed voice.

The princess met his eyes with a glare as cold as ice. "You don't know me at all." In the next moment, she drove the dagger into her father's heart.

His gasps and choking sounds echoed in the dead silent pit. Blood began to stain the front of his expensive clothes. The princess pulled out the dagger slowly, and more blood gushed out as the former king fell to the ground, eyes wide and dead by his own daughter's hand.

The princess raised the blood stained knife and met the eyes of all who stared at her. "I am now queen of this kingdom," she said in a loud, clear voice. "From here forward, I declare this barbaric custom outlawed and that man to be my husband." The dagger swung downward and pointed at her lover, who only looked back at her, obviously shocked but not afraid.

The princess dropped her arm to her side and raised her head. "Does anyone dare to oppose me?" She asked. When no one spoke up, she gave her new subjects a cold but satisfied smile.

"Good. Now, someone clean up this mess."
O_O Um, this kinda got out of hand. Warning for unpleasant happenings.

Return to “Tea House”