Creature 1500–-Diamond Koi

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Creature 1500–-Diamond Koi

Post by Airasyraye »

It’s here, #1500 for 15 years!

And it’s a… koi. Not a crystalwing. Well, that’s surprising. :t-shrug:

Diamond Koi: (Sprite art: Rijolt/Munin | Description: Kestrad)

Egg:

Egg Description:
Spoiler
Element: Life

This egg has gleaming, crystalline scales.

With their brilliantly faceted scales, as hard and bright as the stone they’re named for, diamond koi are a variety particularly well-loved for ornamental ponds, especially since their much harder scales deter the predators that other koi varieties sometimes succumb to. With the gentle, patient demeanor of most of their brethren, and the same powers, they are a common choice of companion for magi with water and healing affinities. Since their scales are more brittle as a result of their hardness, diamond koi shed and replace their scales liberally. These shiny scales are quite reflective, but the reflections they show are always slightly off, showing the recent past instead of the present. They make potent ingredients for healing and scrying potions - though only for scrying the past - and so are carefully collected for this purpose.
Hatchling:

Hatchling Description:
Spoiler
Element: Life

With their harder and seemingly more brittle scales, one would think diamond koi hatchlings might be less agile than other types of koi. However, they have no trouble keeping up with their brethren, and delight in showing off their flashy scales by jumping high out of the water, dazzling onlookers with the flash of sun off their crystalline scales. In the water, they keep themselves occupied by exploring with the other koi hatchlings, darting between the many tunnels between the Stream, Lake Lakira, and the larger bodies of water that leviathans and krakens favor.

With their brilliantly faceted scales, as hard and bright as the stone they’re named for, diamond koi are a variety particularly well-loved for ornamental ponds, especially since their much harder scales deter the predators that other koi varieties sometimes succumb to. With the gentle, patient demeanor of most of their brethren, and the same powers, they are a common choice of companion for magi with water and healing affinities. Since their scales are more brittle as a result of their hardness, diamond koi shed and replace their scales liberally. These shiny scales are quite reflective, but the reflections they show are always slightly off, showing the recent past instead of the present. They make potent ingredients for healing and scrying potions - though only for scrying the past - and so are carefully collected for this purpose.
Male: Image Female: Image
Spoiler
Adult diamond koi are a lovely sight to behold when they swim near the surface, refracting the light that reaches them through the water everywhere, mottling the water. They are well aware of their beauty, and use their water purification abilities to change the color of the water around them to best advantage when in the mood to show off. Despite their occasional bouts of vanity, they are as helpful and friendly as any other koi, and love assisting anyone who requests help. Diamond koi are most commonly found in the Stream and at Lake Lakira, playing with the other koi and helping to watch over the creatures that share the lake with them.

Remy's: Crystal Cocktail---105 gold

Get yourself on over to Remy's, because for 105 gold a pop, you can have the chance to win 3 of the old crystalwings! As well as Rewins!

Go get druuuuuunk!
Last edited by Airasyraye on May 10th, 2024, 4:00:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Re: Creature 1500–Diamond Koi

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

I was expecting a platypus koi :lol:

Let's see how big and pretty the adult is :well:

Edit: the koi were a distraction - I locked myself before seeing The Keep's tributary! :look: :P
Last edited by TheTreeTurtle on May 10th, 2024, 12:24:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
bebbies:

Buy from Winter 2011 & 2012
Gemcrafter Lineage
Wishlist

Thank you for all the gifts! <3

darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Creature 1500–-Diamond Koi

Post by darksouls »

:woo:
formerly ardroth - they/them - plural + fictional - 25+ - wishlist - alex's artwork - art's poetry
We are a plural system, posts are made by Alex (he/they) unless stated otherwise. We do our best to return clicks.
... But do you like Dark Souls as much as we like Dark Souls? ⚔️

ImageImageImageImageImage
Lestat
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Lestat »

I ...hic... jusht found dat Remmush new drinkk giveshh you very old ...hic... cryysshttallwingsh!
Searching for non parents
Dark Umbral Fox
Penumbral Fox
Solveir
Fenrir Male
White Fenrir M and F
Vermillion Heligre f and m
Masked Heligre f and m
Atieno m and f
Jord Jormungandr
Aegyr Jormungandr
Brimstone Xhimrau
Opaline Xhimrau
Vahti Female
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Lestat wrote: May 10th, 2024, 12:23:44 am I ...hic... jusht found dat Remmush new drinkk giveshh you very old ...hic... cryysshttallwingsh!
Ah, I see you are doing your part to recruit customers for him, just as requested :derr:
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

Keshtwad wrote:May 10th, 2024, 12:29:30 am
Leshtat wrote:May 10th, 2024, 12:23:44 am II ...hhic... jushht foundd ...hic... daat Remmushh new ...hic... drinkk giveshhh yoou very olld ...hic.... ...hic... ccryyyshhttalllwingshh!
Ah, I shee you are doing your part to recruiit cushtomersh for him, jusht ash rrequeshted ::derr:
I shee Remy careesh not to follow rulesh on egg locking - ...hic... de diamond koi all have deirr frienddsh now -- we will hhave to havee hatchieshh coming out shoon
bebbies:

Buy from Winter 2011 & 2012
Gemcrafter Lineage
Wishlist

Thank you for all the gifts! <3

Ryves
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ryves »

Yeah, Remy's giving out the good stuff, and get your full complement of 10 eggs first because he's giving out a lot!

How do I have two gifts already, I love you guys <3
25/25 gifts, thank you so much <3

Image Find something you love as much as a pumpkin wyrm loves pumpkin seeds. Image
falsanthin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by falsanthin »

I must admit i saw the new koi and got excited over shiny new things. Had to drag myself away from them :lol: Still need a bunch of frozen crystalwing eggs and hatchlings first

I hope they look as cool as the Ouranian Koi do :roll:
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ayakashi »

Through the haze of all the drinks you've gotten you see Remy looming over you, dutifully filling up your glass once again. "You know I'm not going to give you anything else, right?" he says exasperated. You try to form a coherent sentence to answer when Remy straightens up and beams. "Of course you do! You're just such a loyal and valued customer, dear Ayakashi, that you enjoy spending time here. I'm touched!" You're not quite sure if he's mocking you or being sincere.

Yesh Remy, I reallly like it in yourr Inn. I allsho like nice round nuumbersh when I''m celebrating, sho once ...hic... I hit 1500 drinksh I'll probably shtop for dissh year.
Last edited by Ayakashi on May 10th, 2024, 12:47:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D
Lestat
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lestat »

I dink ...hic... Remy ...hic... alssho ...hic... dumpsh a bbunch of ...hic... baby rewinsh in your keeep ashh ...hic... welll. Jusht got ...hic... a bunch of dem born today
Searching for non parents
Dark Umbral Fox
Penumbral Fox
Solveir
Fenrir Male
White Fenrir M and F
Vermillion Heligre f and m
Masked Heligre f and m
Atieno m and f
Jord Jormungandr
Aegyr Jormungandr
Brimstone Xhimrau