Links are no longer showing up as clicked on?

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Myouki
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Links are no longer showing up as clicked on?

Post by Myouki »

I know the title might sound a bit confusing, but bear with me.

So before the site went down for maintenance, any new (as in never clicked on) links showed up as blue text and new creature images had a blue line under them, like this:

When the text/image link was clicked on, the color would change (mine's set to purple) to indicate the link had been accessed at some point until the next time I wipe my browser's cache. Now though, the color never changes from blue, which makes it difficult to tell whether I've already clicked on a creature in the hatchery threads; clicking on text links in people's signatures yields the same result. Checking the offsite nursery, the link color is still changing as it did previously:

Seeing as we've recently had to cut down on goldmining due to lag issues, I think it would be beneficial for us and the site to be able to see what creatures we've already interacted with to cut down on opening tabs to creatures we've already clicked, thus creating less stress on the server overall.
~Mostly looking for shop (especially Water and Herbal), quest, event, and hybrid creatures. Details in my wishlist (updated 05/17/2024), please and thank you~
fthr
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Links are no longer showing up as clicked on?

Post by fthr »

I noticed this happening more recently with IFN links as well (started sometime in the past week or two).

Notably, clicking them again darkens them. I haven't checked exactly, but it looks like they might refresh every so often (I click through IFN 2-3 times a day and have noticed the links are all blue when I go to click recently).
Clicky: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thaliel
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Post by Thaliel »

oh, I thought it was a bug on my end
Image <-click
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Oh, this happens to me, too.

I thought it was just something weird my browsers were doing with an update or something like that. I mean, that may still be the case, but it's interesting to note that it's not just me.

My links on the IFN also change colours, but clicked critters here on the site don't.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

The clicked links actually do show up as a different color than the ones that are not clicked. The color difference is just so small that it's hard to discern especially on smaller screens. These colors hadn't been adjusted to the overall Magistream theme after the site upgrade.

Color for non-clicked links vs.
Color for clicked links

I've now changed the clicked links within threads to a more greyed-out color:

Color for clicked links
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Rosehill wrote: January 7th, 2024, 8:01:58 am The clicked links actually do show up as a different color than the ones that are not clicked. The color difference is just so small that it's hard to discern especially on smaller screens. These colors hadn't been adjusted to the overall Magistream theme after the site upgrade.

Color for clicked links

I've now changed the clicked links within threads to a more greyed-out color:

Color for clicked links
Hmm. For some reason click links aren't showing up as that pale for me, they still look like the first example. :/ I even tried a hard refresh in case that was it.

Would it be possible to make them turn into a more distinct colour? Like purple or even just grey? Something that's not a shade a of blue so it's more noticable? On clickable text it's slightly more noticable but when going through the click threads it just, isn't.

Return to “Support and Suggestions”