Entry 2 - Me'chuan Mountains

Crossing Worlds
Zoa
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Entry 2 - Me'chuan Mountains

Post by Zoa »

West of Voltar stand the mountains of Me'chuan, which mark the beginning of Tetzcotal. The sides of the mountains are covered with dense forests of Silverleaf trees. The large, broad spread of the leaves are a vibrant green on top and a delicate silver underneath, and when the winds blow strongly, the leaves are tossed about until the silver undersides are topmost.

Blankets of Mysterious Me'chuan
(Excert from Zoa's journal on her travels around the world - R-click & view in another tab for full image)
As I took in the scenery, I noticed the sky was void of clouds - except for those resting atop the peaks of Me'chuan! How moist the forests must be to create their own clouds! And is that some sort of tower I see peeking through the mists atop the highest peak? I must find out!
Spoiler
This is a shot of the northern portion of the Waianae Mountain Range on Oahu in the state of Hawaii as seen from the Kukaniloko Birth Site in the plains of Wahiawa (my home and where I live). If you look the mountains just right, you can make out the "sleeping lady" ;). Peeking through the clouds at the peak of Mount Ka'ala (the highest peak on the island) is the FAA tracking station which is protected by the military - one cannot hike to that spot, but the hike up to the plateau there is intense!
Image Editing: Cropped height to remove modern buildings & my shadow at the bottom. Resized from original for internet use.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thanks to all for the wonderful gifts.

ImageImage

Return to “July 2016 monthly contest”