Bits n' Pieces of Peterip's Writing

This section is for writing that is completely your own, including the world it is set in

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

Peterip
CreaturesTrade

Bits n' Pieces of Peterip's Writing

Post by Peterip »

Hi all!

Here I will post bits n' pieces of my writing! I do a lot of short stories, a few songs, and so far only one book. Please do not post! You may send me critiques through pm if you'd like, but please be constructive, not destructive. These are made by me, and for me only. Please do not claim them as your own. IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH CURSING, DO NOT READ. I apologize for my profanity.

A side note, I am sensitive. So if I freak out, it is nothing personal. I also suck at grammar and spelling sooooooooo.... :lol: Also some of these were written a while ago. A lot of the formatting is absolutley terrible :derp:

I mostly write my songs for history projects, so they aren't that amazing XD

Things I am currently working on:
Spoiler
Lost in a World of Madness (book)
Separation (Short Story)

Recent Works:
Spoiler
Mrs. Shirley (Short story for a contest on Chicken Smoothie)
Girls (weird poem song thing I wrote when I was younger)
Mama (Short story for a contest on Chicken Smoothie)
When (weird poem/song/thing I wrote when I was younger)
Lost Beauty (Short story)
The Big, Bad Red (Short Story)
Adsila (Short Story)

Songs:
Spoiler
Slavery
You
That Girl in the Dark
Autumn
+2 songs that have WIP names.
Last edited by Peterip on June 7th, 2016, 11:39:53 am, edited 16 times in total.
Peterip
CreaturesTrade

Re: Bits n' Pieces of Peterip's Writing

Post by Peterip »

Here is the opening scene from Lost in a World of Madness

Harper

Its been two years, four months, one week, and three days since the quarantine. That is two years, four months, one week, and three days of my sixteen years of life. I stopped counting the hours. Looking at the position of the sun, its probably ten hours until midnight. Everyone who didn't have this 'special' gene died two years, four months, one week, and three days ago. Everyone else mostly went insane, stayed normal, or ended up like me. As you began to get better, a black scar grew on your wrist. Mine is a bird that has wrapped its massive wings around my wrist. I've been with my friend in the streets, avoiding soldiers, insane folk, and all folk in general. Over these two years, four months, one week and three days more and more cities around us have become quarantined. Now, the disease covers all of North America. It would have been larger, but the people caught up to it.
Last edited by Peterip on April 16th, 2016, 1:01:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peterip
CreaturesTrade

Post by Peterip »

Prologue of Lost in a World of Madness

Soldiers march through the city, their feet tromp, tromp, tromping across the streets. Mothers scream as they are separated from their children, and fathers throw fists. Shots ring out and blood is spilled. More screams. More fighting. More gunfire. People are packed and shoved into the small city square. Soldiers line the sides of the people, pushing them and threatening them with their guns. Big yellow caution signs are hung up everywhere. All of the soldiers wear gas masks.

The city is under quarantine.
Peterip
CreaturesTrade

Post by Peterip »

Harper and Finn escaping from soldiers in Lost in a World of Madness

"Harper!" He says and grabs my wrist. "Soldiers," he pants, "downstairs, Mason can't stall... Much longer." He was really running up those stairs in a rush. It takes me a minute to comprehend what he said.
"I have to go help him." I stumble towards the door but am stopped when Finn pulls on my wrist.
"No. We can't." He says, his eyes sad and unwilling. He snatches me up like a baby. I scream and wriggle, hearing footsteps tumbling up the stairs. Soldiers. Mason yells out in pain, and I scream louder.
"LET ME GO!" I say, but he just shoves his arm in my mouth to shut me up. I bite down, and he winces. I let out muffled screams as he charges towards the window.
"Bird." He whispers. Reluctantly, I spread my wings as the glass of the window shatters and we take in the open air. Finally, without his arm in my mouth as he dangles by my feet, I say,
"I hate you." No reply.
"I hate you with all of my being."
Silence. The soldiers yell from the window. I dive as they raise their guns.
"I will NEVER forgive you for this." I growl.
"I know."
Last edited by Peterip on April 16th, 2016, 1:13:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peterip
CreaturesTrade

Post by Peterip »

A piece from Mrs. Shirley

A bright light snapped them awake. In a panic, Dixie shot up from her slumber, hitting her head, for the third time, on the rock. She rubbed her head soothingly with her tail, a tired look on her face. "Ow..." She whispered to herself. Sheela slithered out from under the rock again, watching the shop come alive like it had the day before. The bell on the shop door rung, announcing a new customer, like it had time and time before. Never once had the two bothered to look at the new comer, but for some reason, this time, they did. A short bosomy old woman strutted into the room. Her grey hair was massed up in giant curls above her head. She wore a long, box like red dress with white trimming. A small purse hung from her arms. The smell of cats and heavily scented perfume followed her into the shop. "Hello, Carl." she said to the cashier, her booming voice echoed throughout the room. Carl nodded to her. She must have been here many times. She strutted toward the cat section with her stubby fat legs. Dixie and Sheela let out a sigh as she passed their cage. They turned to go back into their rock when her voice exploded into the cage. "Oh, my!" She said, looking down at them. Her purple eye shadow and bright red lipstick made her look even older than she probably was. She lifted her spectacles to get a closer look at the two snakes. "Oooooohhhh Carl!" She bellowed. Carl's bored face snapped up from his magazine. He walked towards the woman, his shoulders slumped. "Yes, how may I help you, faithful customer?" He said the way he said time and time again. "These two! I want these two beautiful creatures!" She called. "Mrs. Shirley, is that a good decision, especially with all your cats? You wouldn't want to put them in danger."
Peterip
CreaturesTrade

Post by Peterip »

My song/poem/thing Girls

I am a person.
A tall, stubborn, funny person.
I am a girl.
But that doesn't make me any less a person.
I am a proud girl who loves to sing and play.
A silly girl who plays in the mud.
Who wants to be loved.
Who wants to feel needed.
Who wants to be important.
Who wants to go somewhere.
Who wants to be someone.
Who wants to grow up.
Who wants to succeed.
I am not like how you picture most girls.
My favorite color is not pink.
I am not weak.
I can throw like any other person.
I will not be pushed around.
I will not be made fun of.
I will not be rudely gestured to.
I am a girl, but no less a person than a boy.
I will not be stereotyped against.
I will not be underrated
I will not be underestimated.
I will not be fooled.
I will not be bullied.
I will stand up for myself.
I will put up a fight.
I am a person.
A strong willed, stubborn, brave person.
I am a girl.
A beautiful, independent, friendly girl.
Peterip
CreaturesTrade

Post by Peterip »

Opening of Separation

Everywhere I went his desk was empty. We have every class together, Allen and I. But today he wasn't there. I knew why. I was one of the few people to know, which only made it worse. His parents, who are basically mine too, were separating. We did everything together. We went to see Santa Clause every year, even now as 8th graders. We went to the beach every spring break, we almost always had dinner together. Our families did everything together. But now everything would change and I knew it.
Peterip
CreaturesTrade

Post by Peterip »

Another piece of Separation

I knew Allen wasn't there, but I kept looking anyways. During break I didn't eat, instead I was helping my friends Jasmine and Delilah. Almost as soon as I sat down in my chair in History, I broke into a series of uncontrollable sobs. My voice was cracking when I asked the teacher if I could use the restroom. I had to ask four times, each longer than the first. By the end of class all I had to do was raise my hand and he would nod and I would leave. As soon as I got into the hallway I sobbed even louder. As soon as she saw me Shelby, my friend who was in math class, ran into the hallway and hugged me. She didn't even ask me what was wrong. We walked into the bathroom and she just held me while I cried.
Peterip
CreaturesTrade

Post by Peterip »

Piece of Mama

I was a young girl with nothing to hide. The world had so many mysteries for me to explore, and one day I decided I couldn't stay with my family much longer. I had to get out there and find what was waiting for me. That was when I began my long, exhausting journey. My parents had us live in a beautiful garden, owned by farmers. The garden was decorated with shinny berries, golden apples, looming trees, everything a snake could want! The sun shone brilliantly through the leaves of the trees, leaving little stars of light glittering along the floor. It was truly amazing, but I just couldn't stay. I said good by to my family, and with a heavy heart but a soul full of excitement, I left. Once outside the gates of the farm, I realized what a harsh world was out ahead of me. There was a long empty flat grassland just outside the barn. It was hard to see what was ahead of me with all the long grass shooting up in my face. A little ways away I saw another snake! I slithered as fast as I could, calling out to it, asking for directions, but he just slithered away even faster.
Peterip
CreaturesTrade

Post by Peterip »

First rap in Slavery. I apologize, but I can't state my teachers name on this site, so I've replaced it with _______

we started with slavery and then segregation but we needed new ways to improve our nation
we had lots of influences like martin luther king and women like Nina Simone who could sing
Langston Huges was a civil rights poet, Mr. _____ makes sure that we know it
Ida B wells helped stop lynching and Malcom X got the blacks to stop flinching
he said stand up for yourselves dont let them hurt you, stand with me and we wont desert you
the blacks fought long and hard they looked at their hand and played the right cards
though it was slow this history is the only way that we know
that we were wrong in judging by looks this is why we study our history books

Return to “The Parlor”