Skilver's Creature - Minnagon (Now with Custom Sprites)

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
Skilverlight
CreaturesTrade

Skilver's Creature - Minnagon (Now with Custom Sprites)

Post by Skilverlight »

This is my entry for the creature contest. I am not the best drawer! And my coloring is usually much better. But i'm doing this right before bed, lol.

Basic concept is a Miinagon (name I thought up myself for this particular creature) is a mouse that has dragon-like freatures.
The images are hand-drawn, digitally colored and then doubled with the original hand drawn picture.
The images are followed by their "description".

Egg: A small tail ending in a red and orange feather has pushed it's way through a crack in this tiny egg.

ImageImage
Hatchling: A mouse with the features of a dragon has hatched from this egg. It's wings and ears are already full grown, and the small creature must grow into them. It squeaks occassionally as you come towards the Miinagon hatchling, frightened until you gently reach down and hold your hand out for it to climb onto. You know that once grown this creature will be the size of a small dog, able to run just as quickly, and soar in the air for short periods of time. Until then you're careful to watch where you step, as are the other creatures in The Keep for not only is the small Miinagon fragile, but it's back is spiny as well as the horn on it's head sharp. The reddish-orange feathers on it's tail can be used as a signal or warning, as it raises it high into the air when feeling threatened. These creatures are trained to be guides through forest and fields, but this young one still has a while to go before it's able.

ImageImage
Adult: The tiny dragon-like mouse has grown into an adult, standing the size of a small dog. It's wings and ears now fit to it's body and no longer does this Miinagon look awkward trying to stand or walk. This adult's tail has grown longer, the feather becoming larger and brighter with age and easier to spot. It scavenges the forest with the rest of the elder Miinagon now as the creature learns to fend for itself and rely less on you. You've begun training this adult so that it can be of use, to search and find new paths, and guide you to them as you travel. It remembers you raising it from a hatchling, and so is obediant, loving, and loyal.

And the General Description:
Miinagon are small mice that have features of a dragon.You are likely to find these creatures' eggs in Silva Forest if you search inside of hollow trees and logs. Wild Miinagon are very protective of their eggs and younglings, and are likely to raise their tail in warning if you come to close for their liking. Their bite is strong, and likely to bite through bone should their teeth make contact. It would be best to have a creature scout the areafor Wild Miinagon before attempting to take eggs. They are amazing companions to have when raised by humans, for their natural instincts and their strong sense of direction.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Skilverlight
CreaturesTrade

Custom Sprites

Post by Skilverlight »

I'm working on the sprites right now; all that's left is the adult. I'll update this with the adult sprite once it's finished. Each image has a small, original size, and an enlarged version to better see the details.
This is my first time making sprites. :3
Note: I kinda made the adult enlargement a little.. big. Oh well, enjoy the cuteness.

Egg:

Hatchling:

Adult:
Last edited by Skilverlight on September 17th, 2009, 2:46:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
DragonflyFae
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Re: Skilver's Creature - Minnagon (Now with Custom Sprites)

Post by DragonflyFae »

Well done! Looking forward to seeing your adult version.

o.O ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Skilverlight
CreaturesTrade

Re: Skilver's Creature - Minnagon (Now with Custom Sprites)

Post by Skilverlight »

Thanks! ^^ I finally finished and uploaded the adult. :3

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”