my entry(ies)

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
amberwolf
CreaturesTrade

my entry(ies)

Post by amberwolf »

Egg: This egg is pitch black with a bony, bat-like wing wrapped around it.

Hatchling: The pitch black egg falls apart to reveal a small, thin, black horse. The little horse lifts its head to look you in the eye and spreads out its large bat-like wings. It folds its wings to its side and walks over to you unsteadily. It wobbles and falls, looking startled. You chuckle and walk over to the small horse and gasp. It looks up at the nose and whinnies softly, blood red eyes looking sad. You lean over it and run your hand over its thin black pelt, wondering at the wings and the bones sticking through its skin. There's several alarm calls from other animals in the Keep. The foal looks up and hisses like a cat, revealing sharp dagger-like teeth. The Keep falls silent and it nods, then looks back at you and standing up, starts looking for food.

Adult: Your small awkward foal has grown up into a formidable and terrifying looking beast. Standing taller than the largest pegasus, the Thestral is a huge and powerful animal. You can easily ride it for days without it wearing out. It's still not entirely welcome in the Keep but it's indifferent to everyone else but you, and is an excellent companion.

General: Thestrals are rare and almost never seen. They live deep within the Silva Forest and it's nearly impossible for a Magi to take an egg, as the parents rarely ever leave the egg alone. On the rare chance that a Magi does get an egg, a Thestral raised in the Keep is a loyal companion. With their protruding bones, dagger-like teeth, and massive bat wings, Thestrals are often veiwed as omens of death.

grr, that's all i came up with, and i really don't like that ending *glares at it* anyway, tell meh what you think

oh, and this is what i think it would look like as an adult option one Image
options two Image
Last edited by amberwolf on September 12th, 2009, 2:52:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
H3H3H3
D4V3
TH1S 1S TOT4LLY YOU
>:]

ImageImageImageImageImage
ChrysalisWolfHero
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: my entry(ies)

Post by ChrysalisWolfHero »

Grr... I hate it when the names are right at the tip of my tongue, but I can't quite remember...
Anyway, good idea for these, but I just can't remember the name! *Gets frusterated and throws stuff*
Mine
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Eggsitting
---
Merchant Stuff
---
amberwolf
CreaturesTrade

Post by amberwolf »

lol, they're called Thestrals
H3H3H3
D4V3
TH1S 1S TOT4LLY YOU

ChrysalisWolfHero
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by ChrysalisWolfHero »

That's it! :facepalm: :headdesk: :t-facepalm:

I hate it when I can't remember something that's like RIGHT there, like a cat playing with a dangling string of memory!

I like this idea for MagiStream. Maybe it could even be a hybrid of something like Pegasus/Manticore! Meh, wouldn't make much sense...
Mine
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Eggsitting
---
Merchant Stuff
---
amberwolf
CreaturesTrade

Post by amberwolf »

*scratches chin thoughtfully* maybe... hmm, it would be weird, but it would fit in here :haha:
H3H3H3
D4V3
TH1S 1S TOT4LLY YOU

PKGriffin
Site Moderator
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by PKGriffin »

I personally like the creature, but I doubt that we'll be able to use the direct concept from Harry Potter. If you can find Thestrels as a true mythological creature, that would help. But I definitely think that it would fit, so long as it isn't purely imagined by J.K. Rowling (I think I remember them being mentioned in an unrelated series).
-------------------------
ImageImageImageImage
nightmare995
CreaturesTrade

Post by nightmare995 »

OMG, that thing is flipping awesome, i would kill for one! (not really.) but i would really fight to get one! Good job,
Image"If I could, hawk my love,
Could I trade, for your wings?
To cover me, unless I fall,
Sleep is eyes, closed to light,
Death's the mind, wide open."
Black Rain - Soundgarden.
amberwolf
CreaturesTrade

Post by amberwolf »

creatrue numero dous. and it's dark. im in a dark mood, as usal *starts singing Sweeney Todd*

Egg: This egg is huge, black, and very heavy with a black fiery tail wrapped around it.

Hatchling: This large black egg has hatched into a larger three headed black dog. The big black pup watches you happily, panting cheerfully with its tail fiery tail wagging fast. It watches you with interest as you go about doing your duties around the Keep. The Direwolves watch the Cerberus pup, sniffing it with interest. You watching, it starts chasing around the younger Direwolves, barking and yipping joyfully.

Adult: Now fully grown, your playful pup has grown up into a serious and dangerous dog. Now larger than the Direwolves, it's the size of a gryphon and just as powerful. Its three heads make it an excellent guard dog and traveling companion.

General: The Cerberus, when not raised by a Magi, are dangerous and terrifying creatures. You can find them in the Silva Forest all the way to the Alasre Mountains. They are known to have no mercy on a Magi caught taking one of their eggs. When raised by Magi, they are much like their distance cousins, the Direwolves.
H3H3H3
D4V3
TH1S 1S TOT4LLY YOU

Icefire1997
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Icefire1997 »

Sweeney Todd AGAIN?!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"Life's not about hiding through the storm. Life's about dancing in the rain."
http://magistream.com/13-merchant-distr ... nixes.html LTB your phoenixes
ImageImageImage
Zovesta
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Zovesta »

Huzzah, I love Thestrals! I sure hope it wins!

Lovely job. :)
There are many different variations of me. Some say that each person has a unique one. Sometimes I will be closed, sometimes open to show the bones behind the wall. Sometimes I am kind, sometimes I am sinister. What am I? (PM answer)
Moth, eggs by Horsegirl901
Potion by Munin

Auction
QB Sale
LTB

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”