Presenting... My creatures!

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
Cakenotlie1
CreaturesTrade

Presenting... My creatures!

Post by Cakenotlie1 »

Here is my first entry to the create a creature contest, the Piel y Plumas (Spanish for fur and feathers)

Warning: Large concept picture
Spoiler
Adult: Once a small bundle of feather and fuzz, your Piel y Plumas has matured into a rather majestic being. It has since begun to hunt on its own and even present some of its kill to its master as a gift. The creature has grown so attached to you, it can be heard squawking at your window at night, beckoning to you for attention. On occasion, it also offers to let you ride on its back.

Egg: This egg has several spots. Two wings and a long tail also seem to protrude from its shell.

Hatchling: Slowly but surely, a small hatchling emerges from its egg. It cowers at first as you draw near, but you have earned its trust by presenting it with some soft meat.

General: Piel y Plumas are a rather elegant breed that originated in Synara ages ago. Since then, Synarians have credited these creatures as being an official Synara show breed that can be judged in competitions. Strangely enough though, both genders seem to produce a sweet-tasting milk(tasting either of soft vine or honey). Also, the beasts can be used as swift and fast riding animals. Though, it is not recommended that a magi command them to fly while a rider is on its back, because, even though the creatures have two sets of wings, they are only capable of lifting them without extra weight added by a rider.

Thoughts and opinions are welcome, but not art critiques. As you can see, I'm not the best at anatomy.

More are to come as well!
Last edited by Cakenotlie1 on September 12th, 2009, 9:30:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Castiel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Presenting... My creatures!

Post by Castiel »

Whoa those are really good...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Let the world burn. I'll roast marshmallows.
Sempre Avanti
Cakenotlie1
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cakenotlie1 »

Thank you :t-swoon:
ChrysalisWolfHero
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by ChrysalisWolfHero »

Those were really pretty! It looks sorta like a gryphon/pheonix mix!
Mine
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Eggsitting
---
Merchant Stuff
---
Chaossupersonic
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chaossupersonic »

ChrysalisWolfHero wrote:Those were really pretty! It looks sorta like a gryphon/pheonix mix!
*IDEA MAJOR*
Then if this wins it could be another hybrid! There could be ice and fire versions, because of the fact that there are ice and fire phoenixes.
ImageImage
Cakenotlie1
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cakenotlie1 »

Though I believe it could be more of a hippogryph x something since its back legs have hooves. I also have the idea of making a levi-kraken hybrid XD

EDIT: Actually, due to the name, I thought the front legs are like that of a jaguar, and feathers like that of a quetzal. I believe its hooves and claws could be golden as well as its eyes a gold color. This could be like some sort of Aztec creature. :crazy:
Cakenotlie1
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cakenotlie1 »

Sheecond entwy time!

You gget dish egg after gettting really drunk off de shummeerr brew,, sho de egg deshcription will be ...hic... made while I'm drunk, and dde resht will be made whenn I'm shobeer. It wwill ...hic... be de pink elephant!

Egg: Oh myy! IIt'sh pink, andd big, and huge! Wheree ...hic... did dee ding come ffrom ...hic... anyway?

Hatchling: As the shell opens, the most outrageous of creatures emerges. It appears to be an elephant, but why is it pink?

Adult: After much waiting, your pet has matured into a beast that you don't see every day. The rather large and pink pachyderm never fails to get a few stares as you ride upon its back. Though, you still wonder how in the world you came across the thing.

General: Very ridiculous but useful creatures, the pink elephants can lift heavy objects and be ridden by magi. The origin of these... er... wonders of nature is unknown; however, they seem to mysteriously appear in a magi's keep after drinking a lot of Remy's summer brew.
Cakenotlie1
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cakenotlie1 »

Now for my next entry....

The Calygreyhound

Egg:
Strange... this egg has frond-shaped horns protruding through the shell.

Hatchling:
After waiting patiently, the egg begins to wobble a bit, catching your attention. As the egg gives another small jerk, it lands on its side, cracking the shell a bit. An eagle-like claw emerges, but you are growing impatient. You do, however, notice that the creature is struggling, so you assist it on its last moments of hatching. As the hatchling is dried off, you catch a true glimpse of how strange, yet beautiful your new pet is. Its body is elegant and slender, like that of a gazelle, but sharp talons adorn its front legs, while lion paws adorn the back. These things will make for valuable defense in the future, so it is still handled carefully. Then, the creature nudges its kitten-like head against your hand, wanting to be pet. You do so, and the hatchling responds with a soft purr.

Adult:
Sure enough, your pet has become a fully grown calygreyhound. The creature now accompanies you on many of your quests. Every once in a while, it will bring you fresh kill as a sign of trust and affection.

General:
Calygreyhounds are beautiful, yet elusive creatures. They are long-time residents of Silva Forest and often form friendly rivalries with the direwolves for competition purposes. The beasts haven't been known to attack any of their neighbors throughout the forests, considering that they are very friendly beings.

Reference pic(not mine) :

Note that hatclings don't have the horns and males are the ones to get them when they mature.

General Info:
Found in: Remy's Shop for 1900 gold
Can breed with: Griffins and Winged cats for the winged calygreyhound variations
Color Variants: Albino, Common, Arkenian
Hybrid Variations: Winged Calygreyhound
Last edited by Cakenotlie1 on September 17th, 2009, 6:38:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
dragonheart2011
CreaturesTrade

Post by dragonheart2011 »

OMG! I can't believe you chose to do the Calygreyhound! that is soooo awesome. i'm working on the Alphyn myself.
Please Click All ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DragonCave
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
DragonAdopters
Spoiler
In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny
And each regret and each goodbye was a mistake too great to hide
And your voice was all I heard that I get what I deserve ~ Linkin Park
Cakenotlie1
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cakenotlie1 »

So, are the descriptions alright? Plus, I think I might make a hooved variation of the calygreyhound, because they are some times depicted with hooved back legs. CalygreyhoundxPegasus maybe?

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”