Opinions needed on a guild

Come here, take a break, chat with friends about anything and everything.

Should I start a Pagan/Wiccan Guild?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 10

FlameTheShingaw
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Location: Gifting people candy for halloween and hoping I get some of the chocolate lizards as gifts.

Opinions needed on a guild

Post by FlameTheShingaw »

I've been thinking about starting up a pagan/wiccan guild in the Guilds Quarter. I've noticed that there was one for I think it was agnostic/atheist/undecided, and one for christians, but I didn't see one for pagans/wiccans. I looked through pages until I hit guilds that hadn't had any replies since June and I didn't see one, and I know there are pagans and wiccans on MS. I've met a few of them.

I just want it to be a place where we can hang out and talk about our beliefs and all the old stories. Even festivals. I'd just like to get a few opinions on it first.

I warn you, though, if you post overtly hating on pagans and wiccans, I WILL report you to the mods. I don't run around and call people dumb or anything else for not having the same beliefs I do, so I would hope you would extend the same kindness to me and all pagans/wiccans on MS. We're people too. We have a heartbeat, we cry when you make us sad and we bleed when you cut us just like you do.

I want honest opinions. If you think it's a good idea, please tell me and tell me why you think it's a good idea. If you think it's a bad idea, please state your opinion in an adult fashion. Maybe you think it's a bad idea because no one will want to join? But please, no angry/mean religion bashing of any kind.
Leaving Magistream for good. Selling TONS of my creatures here
Karzarill
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Re: Opinions needed on a guild

Post by Karzarill »

I think is a good idea it gives those with those kind of beliefes a chance to get together. Even if I'm not pagan/wiccan I'm still find myself a bit fasinated by wicca. And I'm sure that some pagan/wiccan here on MS would like a guild free of judgement. Where they can just talked about their belief without anyone saying "your going to hell" or other kind of crap for having a different belief.
FlameTheShingaw
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Location: Gifting people candy for halloween and hoping I get some of the chocolate lizards as gifts.

Which is exactly why I want to make this guild. I mean, where I live (in a small town) people don't really judge, at least not overtly. People that live in bigger places, probably not so much. I'd even consider letting people join the guild that are just interested in learning about the religion, even if they don't share the beliefs personally.
starpokewars
CreaturesTrade

Post by starpokewars »

I personally have never been one to like guilds like these. I mean, I'm not saying you shouldn't, but I know a good amount of the people who hang a lot in the guild quarters are knowledgeable of rule 20 of the internet which states nothing should be taken seriously, serious guilds are just not as much fun as silly ones..
FlameTheShingaw
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

I can see where you can have a point, and I will consider your opinion as much as I will anyone else's, but I personally find it fun to talk about the legends and tales of the greek pantheon. it's interesting. At least to me. It's not like we're going to be quoting verses from religious texts all the time.

But to each their own.

Return to “Popsicle stand”