How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Merkwerkee »

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Finally getting around to trying to dig out the weed choked, ancient cedar-chipped garden surrounding the porch of this house I bought 2 years ago (holy shit, it's been 2 years). There was a tree right at the corner of the porch, and though its stump was so rotted that it fell into chunks with some shovel whacks, there's a thick root still stubbornly hanging on. Then found out there's the stump and roots of a hedge or something in the middle of the plot. Don't even know what's on the other side as the container I was using to get rid of the dug up vegetation and wood chips is full.

This is going to be an undertaking. And I haven't even tried to start on the backyard. Two sides of the yard is overgrown hedges and ugly plants that I share with side and back neighbors, so anything I try to do there outside of trimming will have to be mutually agreed upon. And both sides are between eight and twelve feet tall, so attempting to dig it out for true fencing is probably just out of the question entirely.

Then there's the lumpy and more-stump infested other side that faces the street. Trying to get level fencing is probably also out of the question entirely, and that's if I am even going to be allowed to have a privacy fence because my lot is a corner lot and my "driveway" is in the backyard, so visibility might possibly be an issue.

Great.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon:
ImageImage
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by audrei9 »

Jesus christ so much has happened.
We went out today, and cooked some stuff for guests. I retreated after a bit to do writing and whatever else I might have needed to do. And then I got distracted by my old school diaries. I remember how awful it was to be a teenager. It unlocked so many horrible memories that I cried at some of the entries. I've decided to continue writing in my diaries, because that way I'll be slowly taking steps towards the future. It'll be what I need to do if I am to write my novel, which is about trauma and the recovery process coming from it. If I am to write about someone else getting over their trauma, I'll have to face any trauma I still might have left. It's only been around three years since I was a teen, and those things are still in my memory even if I loathe to think about them.
My book is about confronting the past and healing, and if I can do that myself first, it'll be a massive asset to my writing!

Then I came home and had to prepare for dinner again, and I ate till the point of painful fullness! Still skipped out on dessert, both in the afternoon and at night. Why do I overeat so much? I'm not fat or anything, I just like to eat when I see food, and maybe I was worried about the food getting thrown away in the end.

I made a vow to myself recently. Today, this afternoon, actually. I told myself that the reason why I may become a massive name in the future, is that because I'm more willing to risk the pressure of fame than others are. Others who are far more competant and experience in art than I am. It's a daunting thought, but I'm more than prepared to go forward from here on.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

LTB any and all holyhounds and deadwood deer! No inbreds please!
THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who sent me gifts!
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

god antibiotics are fucking magic
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Gingy wrote: June 29th, 2024, 1:50:54 pm Trying to find another job sucks. It does not help I am terrible at interviews. I stutter and stammer and hate getting put on the spot with questions. Ugh. T_T

Wow so many new creatures around. I can't believe it's been 15 years.
Gingy?! :t-glomp:
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon

Return to “Community Discussion”