TLOTT CONTEST ANOUNCING WINNERS

Share any written short stories, novels, or poetry

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

mzenun
CreaturesTrade

Re: THE LADY OR THE TIGER CONTEST (everyone wins a prize)

Post by mzenun »

This is my ending. It's kinda long, but I just became part of the story. ^_^
Spoiler
There was once a tyrant king who was a barbarian. He enjoyed bloodshed. One of the town’s peoples’ favorite things to do was to watch a man prove his innocence or die trying. There were two doors, exactly like each other, the only difference was that behind one door there was a beautiful maiden, behind the other was a blood thirsty tiger.
A man fell in love with the king’s daughter. She was to be queen when her father passed. They happily stayed together for many months without anyone knowing. It wasn't long before the king found out. He ordered the man to accept his guilt with the tiger. He was cast into the pit as spectators looked on in sadness to lose such a fine man. The princess watched coldly from her chair beside the king. She knew that behind one door was another beautiful maiden. She had looked at her lover with longing in her eyes, the princess didn't like it. She looked to her lover, he at her, She flicked her hand to the right. The man walked to the door and opened it.....
A roar sounded and a huge tiger with glistening teeth stepped out. It had obviously not eaten in days. The man wanted to run, but was frozen with horror. The tiger leaped at the man and dug his teeth in as far as they would go. The man let out a blood curling scream. The town’s people gaped in horror. Children cried. The princess looked away and softly sobbed into her dress. The man looked at the princess and cried “My beautiful princess, I will always love you, no matter what happens to me. Please remember me.” The princess couldn’t take it and yelled “stop!” The now frightened tiger backed into the shadows of the pit and watched the man with vicious eyes. The princess turned to her father coldly. “Father,” she began. “You are cruel and evil. You hate love and you hate me. I love this man. I will not let you kill him. I will do whatever it takes to be with him. He is nice at heart and that is all that matters to me. I will not marry a handsome evil prince like you, father. I will run away if I must. You tell me I dishonor our family by being with him, but you dishonor our family by killing the people whom hearts are made of gold. Call of the tiger now, father, or I shall run away with him and speak evils of you to faraway lands.” The king stared at his daughter in awe. Never would he have thought she would say this. She nodded toward the tiger and sat down. The king sat there and thought about this for a long time. Finally, he stood. He said “I have thought about what my daughter has said to me. I have come to a decision.” The town’s people held their breath in anticipation. The king finished with “I shall spare this man’s life, but he will not marry my daughter unless he can prove his worth.” The crowd cheered. The man was heavily bleeding. The tiger, still hungry, wiggled its tail and leaped at the man. It landed right over him. The man closed his eyes, preparing for the worst. But instead, he heard a deep voice. “I am sorry I tried to eat you.” The man looked around, confused. “Who has spoken to me? Show yourself,” the man ordered. The tiger got right in the man’s face and said “it is I who has spoken.” The man shook his head, thinking he lost too much blood and was hearing things. The tiger spoke once more. “Yes, I can talk and I am sorry I tried to eat you. The guards starve me, then sprinkle something in my eyes. I did not mean to hurt you.” The man looked on as the tiger backed away and lowered his head. He raised his paw up to his chest, making him appear as though in a kneeling position. “Please forgive me,” he finished. The man walked towards the tiger and asked “what is your name, noble tiger?” The tiger put down his paw and said “I have no name. The king does not care what I am called, only if I kill.”
The man looked towards the dragon’s cave. This is where the most dreaded dragon lived. Some dragons were kept as companions, but this dragon had no intention of making peace. If the man wanted the princess, he would have to slay the dragon and bring back its head as proof. He took one last glance at the crowd. The king, the princess, and the tiger, along with the town’s people were all watching hopefully. The man waved farewell as he charged up towards the cave. He walked in, shield ready. “Ah, dinner has arrived,” a dark voice said menacingly. The man gulped nervously. His voice was shaky as he replied “Hope you enjoyed your last meal, dragon, for I have come to slay you and win the hand of the princess.” The dragon appeared from the shadows, rolling his glowing yellow eyes. “Yes, yes, you have come to slay the dragon and wed the princess,” he said with much sarcasm. He went on. “Now tell me. Does that ever happen? Did that ever happen?” The man looked down for he knew the answer. The dragon continued. “No! It doesn’t. I’ll tell you what really happens to a ‘dragon slayer’: he charges in my cave and tells me he has come to slay me. I tell him I’m hungry and explain to him what will happen, like I am currently doing. He will deny everything and attempt to kill me. His attempt will be a failed one and I will eat dinner.” The man froze. Then, the man realized the dragon was only trying to scare him to throw him off, but that wouldn’t work. He yelled “over my dead body,” and charged towards to dragon. The dragon blew his fire, but the man jumped away and went behind the dragon. While the dragon was still trying to locate the man, the man dug his sword in the dragon’s flesh until it hit bone. After a few moments, the dragon collapsed; dead. The man took his sword and slashed the dragon’s head off. He wanted a souvenir for himself, though and ripped off the biggest scale on the dragon. It was large and black. He took the head and scale and walked heroically back towards the people.
When the king saw how brave and clever this man was, he immediately arranged the wedding. The tiger was there. After the wedding ceremony, the man asked the tiger if he would like to live with the princess and him forever. The tiger agreed.
In the castle, the man, the tiger, and the princess were all talking happily near the fireplace. The man remembered the tiger still had no name. He bent down to the tiger and asked if he wanted a name. The tiger nodded and said “most definitely.” The man looked at the princess and she nodded. “Noble tiger,” the man said. “I name thou Raja.” The tiger’s sparkled at hearing his new name.

*note* Raja means King in Indonesian.

Thanks for reading! :wave:
Amazing Art by Hanako!

Thanks SO much, Merkwerkee, for the tienko gift! :t-swoon:

School is before Magistream:(

MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by MissMurderPaws »

all good so far
I try to return clicks! Thank you so much for any clicks!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Live for Dethklok. Die for Dethklok.
Mother of Monsters DiscordMy F2U Base Library
Birdybee
CreaturesTrade

Post by Birdybee »

Opening the door the tiger leaps out. It grabbed the man in its jaws and hooked its claws into his skin. The screams and torture of the man imprinted on the princesses mind. She rode home guilty and feeling she had betrayed some deep part of herself. When she could not bear the weight of it she threw herself off a bridge.

The End... :D
ImageImageImageImage
MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by MissMurderPaws »

i likes it
Moonpool
CreaturesTrade

Post by Moonpool »

Hope yall like this...Sorry if its too long...

Spoiler
...and opened it.
The crowd was immediately assaulted by the angry, starved wars of a wild tiger. It was a horrifying sight to see someone of such beauty and youth sucumb to such a fate, but it was the nature of the semi-barbaric crowd to enjoy this instead of pitying the poor youth.
The pain was too much for the princess to bear as the tiger leaped upon her lover. She squeezed her eyes shut tightly, burying her hands in her palms. She tried to block out the screams of her youth, to block out the guilt and the pain. But it was no use. As the princess sobbed noisly, her mind went back as to why she condemned her lover to death.
The answer was simple.
She would not see him enjoy a happy life with the one being, the one woman that she despised more than her father at the time. She had never had any reason to hate someone before, but this...this was be-yond hatred. This was something from deep within her heart, her very soul, and the princess ached for the young maiden's death more than anything.
The princess peeked out from between the cracks in her hands, cleverly avoiding the scence below her, and let her eyes trail across the more than a little ecstatic crowd. There. The maiden, dressed in a tight-fitted white gown, bronze hair fashioned in elaborate braids. One of her hands covered her mouth, which was open in a tiny little O, and the other rested on her bossom, just over her heart. No doubt she had seen the princess direct her soon to be lover.
The princess was content with not watching the death sentence, but her semi-barbaric nature eventually one out and directed her to look at the bloody scence before her.
It was one thing to direct him to his death, but another to watch him endure it.
The princess's lover had manage to evade the tiger for a while because it had been so weak and starved in its kennel, but it had manage to trap him in one end of the ring. Right below where the princess and her father sat.
The youth was on his stomach, the tiger digging into his back, muzzle drenched with the youth's fine blood. Somehow, he was still alive, his beautiful and hypnotic gaze smothering the princess's apologetic one. She knew that no matter what she did now, his fate and hers would be the same. He moved then, much to the crowd's horror/amusement. He reached his hand, wanting to feel her skin against his for one last time. The princess reached for him, too. This would be the last time she would ever see him again. The king began to laugh, a sound that annoyed the princess to no end. At that moment she hated her father and everything he stood for. She wanted him dead.
And so she reached into his royal blue robes for the knife he always kept within their royal folds, dragged it across his bulging neck, and leaped into the pit with the waiting tiger.
The princess manage to grab the eagerly waiting hand of the corpse of her lover, his eyes now glazed over with the calmness of death. And as the tiger tore into her back, the princess closed her eyes and cupped her stomach, her unborn child, and chose right.
dinohorse1120
CreaturesTrade
Location: Sitting infront of Stephenie Meyer's house, protesting her.

Post by dinohorse1120 »

There was once a tyrant king who was a semi barrbarian. He enjoyed bloodshed. One of the towns favorite thing to do was to watch a man prove his innocence or die trying. There were two doors, exsactly like eachother, the only difference was that behind one there was a beautiful maiden, behind the other was a blood thirsty tiger.

A man fell in love with one of the kings children. She was to be queen when her father passed. They happily stayed together for many months without anyone knowing. It wasn't long before he found out. He ordered the man prove his guilt with the tiger. He was cast into the pit as spectatores looked on in sadness to lose such a fine man. The princess watched coldly from her chair beside the king. She knew that behind one door was another beautiful maiden. She had looked at her lover with longing in her eyes, the princess didn't like it. She looked to her lover, he at her, She flicked her hand to the right. The man walked to the door and opened it.....

To reveal the tiger, but it did not look as the man expected. Its coat was white with striking black stripes and bright blue eyes. It looked well-fed and intelligent. It opened its mouth, not to eat him, but to speak.

"Tion Artek is my name
You have been caught in this kingdom's game
There was a tiger who'd slash and tear
But I have come for you to spare
He who is your king is good as mud
His only want is to see your blood
Her who is your lover is a fraud
Your death today she would applaud." the tiger growled. He pointed at the other door and it wooshed open, revealing a dark-robed figure, poised to strike with a sharp knife.

The man's eyes widened when he saw what would happen to him if he had decided to go against his "lover's" advice, and what would have happened if the other tiger was there. "Why would you do this?" he cried to the princess.

"You come from a royal family. My mother was smitten with your father, but he would not return the feelings, so her father forced her to marry him." she snarled, looking at her father. The king was not the brightest, so he had no clue she was talking about him. "This is revenge."

The tiger leaped up to the place the king and princess stood.
"You played with this man's heart
Plotted for a beast to tear him apart
You kill innocents from your court
Watch them die just for sport
Neither of you are fit to lead
To this banishment, you should take great heed!" he said, breathing over the royals. The next moment, they were gone, leaving behind the crowns. He picked up the kings', walked over to the man, and placed it on his head. He would be the new king.
Image Rannoch guards the young ones of my Keep
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kinkajou
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kinkajou »

I'm severely out of practice. XD But what the hell, I can try.
Spoiler
It resided in her breast like a living thing, licked the inside of her ribcage, stroked the tender flesh of her heart with a single claw like a bramble thorn, whispered words to her that she didn't want to hear but still listened to with the avid attention of a pure young child.

The princess was prone to jealousy.

It clawed at his insides like something in its death throes, chilled his heart with frozen breath like an icy cloud, tore its fangs down his spine and then back up, barking things at him that made no sense to him as he stared up at the cloudless blue sky.

The man was so afraid.

The princess loved the man. She was young, too young to understand the meaning of love, though she pronounced the word right and spelled it correctly and used it in her everyday speech. Yet the feeling escaped her grasp, like the firefly that you swore you had caught, but when you open your palm, it is empty, and you watch the firefly flash its way into the sky in a smug yellow light.

But she loved the man.

The man loved the princess. He was born poor, was raised poor, became a man poor, lost his mother poor, fell in love rich. It was a wonderful feeling. It was that feeling that you get in the morning, when you awaken to the sunlight streaming through the window and realize that this day was going to be a wonderful day, that nothing could possibly go wrong, because the sunlight was such a warm and beautiful thing.

The man closed his trembling hand around the doorknob to the right.

The feelings that the princess had for the man were simple and complex, a single string twisted around itself scores of times, so intricate that it's difficult to unravel. The princess loved the man, but not in the way a woman loves a man. She valued him the way a small child might love a teddy bear. She would hold the man close, do everything with him, pull the covers around him every night. She would pitch a hot green-eyed fit whenever someone else looked at the teddy, when someone else decided that she had spent too much time with the teddy. She held the teddy's paw in her hand as she dragged him through a puddle of mud.

The princess watched the man open the door.

The man had spent so much time with the princess, had gotten to know her so well, and yet he allowed himself to be fooled by the one of the largest misconceptions there were: that all princesses were pure and fair like the morning sunlight. Like roses. Like blue-eyed kittens. He trusted the princess with every ounce of his heart, so he didn't hesitate when he looked up at her in the stadium, where she sat beside her father. He acted immediately as soon as he saw her tilt her head to the right, as though she were musing to herself which fate he would choose for himself.

The man allowed the door to swing wide open.

It was like the beast coiled in the princess's breast, that sanguine-eyed thing from the depths of hell, the one with the long harpy claws and the hissing voice and the tongue like liquid fire. It was fierce and smug and sublime and dark and intimidating and cold.

The tiger reminded her of jealousy.

The man never saw this thing coming, this thing called jealousy. That's because jealousy is cunning. It bides its time, grows, sharpens its claws, waits for the opportune moment, eats its host from the inside out, and then slips away into the shadows to find its new victim. Jealousy cackled now in the princess's breast, for this was too rich! The princess had sent her lover to his own doom, and he had literally gotten up and opened the door to his eternity, and it was all because of jealousy! So hilarious it was!

The princess watched the man die with cold green eyes.

She hadn't really wanted him to die. Once she was alone, she would probably cry over her teddy bear, lying torn and dead and forgotten in this stadium of a thousand. But now she just watched. When he had looked at her with those pleading blue eyes like the morning sky, she had looked away.

Oh, how jealousy cackled!

The princess couldn't hear the man's final screams over the shrieks of laughter rising from the strings of her heart.

---

Jealousy slinked off to a new host at dusk that night. It had been fun while it lasted, but all parasites must find a new host someday. Wouldn't want to overstay their welcome when the entertainer was lying cold and dead.

The princess had killed herself one minute after sunset. The last words she had spoken had been to her lover only minutes before his death: "We'll escape from this, I promise. We'll win."

The sharp clack of the wooden chair falling on its side had been the starting shot, and before her weight hit the rope noose around her neck, she had won.

And when the princess's handmaiden came into the room with the dead-eyed princess hanging from the ceiling, she had screamed, an announcement that the princess had been disqualified from this race, and that the runner-up would take the trophy, the title, the glory.

Jealousy lapped at the blood staining the floor, the blood only it could see. The damask light that filtered in through the window dyed jealousy's tongue red as it finished its meal and melted into the shadows cast by the sunset before the king and his men could burst through the door leading to his daughter's room.

Clasped in the princess's frozen hand was the last thing the man had given her: a love letter, a gem of hours of agonizing thought and love spilled through the tip of a quill and brought to life by a dabbling of ink. The paper was crumpled in her fist, and it was impossible to tease it out between her fingers without ripping it. The only visible line was the final one:

My Valentine, my one dark fire.
Agh. I sit down to write for a few minutes, and it turns into this strange, overly-long... thing. D: This is what happens when Kinkajou doesn't want to study for her French exam. :facepalm:
Bésame mucho...
Love me forever and make all my dreams come true...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by MissMurderPaws »

this is gunna be hard
DarkstarWolf
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by DarkstarWolf »

the man walked to the door and opened it.
(warning- very long)
the tigress appeared.She was pure white, and her emerald eyes staring into the man's soul. then... she spoke.
"Human- i mean you no harm. all i want to do is leave here, return to my true home, the depths of the forest." She paused, then continued "I am the Tiger Mystic, healer of my tribe. please... i know you love the human female. i am her mother. if you prove yourself worthy by taking me to the forest, you may marry my daughter."
"i will," the man replied.
he guided the tigress to the woods, whereupon she gave him a silver-and-onyx amulet in the shape of a tiger.
" give this to my daughter and she will be yours."
the man obeyed when he returned, and married the princess. she became a tigress just like his amulet.
"you are the one worth my love. soon you shall be a tiger as well."
in moments he became a tiger and the two of them returned to the forest and lived there forever.
~DarkstarWolf

0/25 gifts
Wishlist on my profile, birthday is February 23!

Ѳℓ∂ Ƭσм βσмвα∂ιℓ ιƨ α мɛяяʏ ғɛℓℓσω!
βяιɢнт вℓʋɛ нιƨ ʝαcκɛт ιƨ, αи∂ нιƨ вσσтƨ αяɛ ʏɛℓℓσω!
Ƭнɛяɛ αяɛ иσиɛ ωнσ нαʌɛ cαʋɢнт нιм ʏɛт, ғσя σℓ∂ Ƭσм нɛ ιƨ тнɛ Ѧαƨтɛя!
Ħιƨ ƨσиɢƨ αяɛ ƨтяσиɢɛя ƨσиɢƨ αи∂ нιƨ ғɛɛт αяɛ ғαƨтɛя!
MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by MissMurderPaws »

buhump

Return to “Tea House”