Beta Reading Shop-Will Beta for Gold-CLOSED TO NEW REQUESTS

Share any written short stories, novels, or poetry

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Re: Beta Reading Shop-Will Beta for Gold

Post by Raneth »

You can always save up gold. That or send it in parts as you get gold. I don't know your gold gathering habits or resources, though, or your goals for the piece you're planning to edit, so like I said before it's all up to you. Good luck though.
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...
Lunaheart
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lunaheart »

To tell the truth, I just want to know if it is good. I mean, I like it but can it really cut the "it is a good book" sort of thing?

As for gold...the way I get gold is clicking on my creatures and just posting. That's about it. And I'm saving it for when I absolutly need it.

Ya, so my story is good in my eyes. I would like others to read it but I don't think that is gonna happen. I'll keep trying though! I won't give up yet.

Looking for Donis on my wishlist. See my profile for details on what I have to offer.
Sarge is one of my Keep Guardians along with Durakro.

ImageImage
AT&T Link
Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raneth »

Yeah, if you just want to see if it's good or not, I wouldn't recommend asking me to beta (as much as I'd like the money-man, I suck at business. :lol: ) A beta reader's job is to figure out what is wrong with it and how to fix it, not to simply tell you if the story is good or not.
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...
Lunaheart
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lunaheart »

If you could do that, that would be great. I could pay about a 1000 gold at the most. That is as much as I can spare. Would that be enough for a read over and a comment if it is good or bad?

Looking for Donis on my wishlist. See my profile for details on what I have to offer.

ImageImage
AT&T Link
Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raneth »

Erm...It's not that I don't want the money, and it is time consuming to read something so you're really just paying for the time, but...just saying "this is bad or good" doesn't really provide you with anything worthwhile, so I don't necessarily feel right accepting gold for it. Keep in mind how you would feel if I just said "This needs a lot of work" or "This is terrible, scrap it" without telling you why. Don't you think it would be kind of a waste?

That said, if it's really something you want me to do, I'll do it for 1k gold.
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...
Lunaheart
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lunaheart »

Okay...if you put it that way. Don't worry about. I'll try something different like promote it with a Keep story...there's alot of those and poeple seem to really like Keep stories. Maybe that will work...do you think that will? I am terrible at promoting crap.

ImageImage
AT&T Link
Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raneth »

Honestly, it seems like you want comments on your story. I will say that comments mean little-they are nice, don't get me wrong, but there are plenty of fantastically written stories here that don't get very many comments.

That said, the longer your story stays around, the more people will eventually see it. The only advice I can give is to stay active on the forum, comment on other people's writing, and build up your story. Eventually people will give it a try, and reading other people's stories will help you focus on your own writing.

I have to plug my own editing service, too- if you really want to improve your writing, I would suggest giving me something small-500 words or less small- to get a severe crit for relatively cheap.
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...
Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raneth »

Bump
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...
ML1201
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by ML1201 »

(hopes the "View your posts" link will start working again soon so that when she rewrites the beginning section of her Keep story she can have you read through it. Must likely she will pick the harsh rating and try to send the story chapter by chapter. But not until she finishes, she hates have to go back and change things all over again without at least finishing, since that will cause her to NOT finish what she was doing...). This is a wonderful idea! I shall use this when I get the chance. Maybe I should bookmark this thread...I might be paying you a lot of gold by the time I finish writing and rewriting my story...And I've had several experiences with critiques, in particular with my works of art. With writing I don't think it can be as bad because at least we can go back and change things to make it better. With art that might not always be the case... :wee: :hooray:
Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raneth »

That sounds great, ML. I'd love to set up a system to look through it as soon as you're ready.
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...

Return to “Tea House”