The It's Comfy but Probably Not Cool Thread

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

Darkfur
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: The It's Comfy but Probably Not Cool Thread

Post by Darkfur »

I prefer over sized t's and shorts. I like sweatpants, but they don't seem to like me. I'll get good an comfy in them, and then get too hot and have to go with something else. I like the new big poofy house coat I have now, it's nothing like the old one I had before the fire, but it is quite comfy.
I wear what I like, and don't give a flip about what other people think. I'm usually jammin in some loose fitting jeans and a band shirt or Halloween T shirt on most days, even to parent teacher meetings.
I do have one pair of hiking boots I have had since I was 17, and they are simply the most comfortable shoes I have EVER had.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Either way we love them, and that cannot be changed, but we must not sentence ourselves to stumble in the darkness with them.
Intempestivity
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Intempestivity »

Darkfur wrote:I prefer over sized t's and shorts. I like sweatpants, but they don't seem to like me. I'll get good an comfy in them, and then get too hot and have to go with something else.
That's why I love leggings. Leggings and an oversized sweatshirt or oversized tshirt are just soooooo super comfy for lounging about the house or sleeping in, and I don't get too warm in them :D
Alexica
CreaturesTrade

Post by Alexica »

Personally I love jeans. and wifebeaters. I wear each everyday. Next on my list is a pure cotton thermal, I wear those everyday too. But I also like one more layer, The sleeveless T-shirts with pretty prints that pull off my whole look. I live on the west coast of the northern hemisphere (N. America) where it's fairly cold so I generally go for warmth. But I love wearing clothes that hug my disproportionate body (large bust, small rib cage, wide hips, short legs, ect.) but I won't wear anything that I can't pull off/doesn't fit right (like if I bend over and my butt crack shows like my little sister's :t-sarcasm: ).

As for sleeping I like things that make me took like I'm three. Like really baggy button-up shirts with equally baggy pants. Either cotton or fleece for everything I wear because of my super sensitive skin BTW. But I also wear shorts and long T-shirts. I guess with sleep wear I'm kind of mixed for everything. Sometimes I'll just keep the days clothes on (tear off a few layers) and fall asleep on the bed.

I don't like puffy jackets, in my views they are big, bulky, and hazardous. They don't even keep you that warm. And the polyester makes my skin itch. >.< I currently am the owner of a furry coat, it's wonderful and it's colored a lovely soft brown (actually it's called oatmeal) with faux fur lining the hood. It's a zip-up so taking it off isn't too hard and it's very warm.

I own a pair of earmuffs, they go around the back of my head and they match my coat. I have inner ear problems (I get water in them and then when the wind blows against them it hurts real bad) so they help so much because I hate wearing my hood (makes me feel all constricted and blind). Plus I can hide my earbuds in them so they don't have to be in my ears and collect ear wax because I produce a ton of it. >.<

um... I'm gonna put swimwear on here too. I <3 bikini's!

I'm not afraid to say I lounge around the house in whatever I'm in for that day/whatever I wore the previous day!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TxCat
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TxCat »

My choice of late has been these cotton knit/spandex mix nightgowns I get from Wal-Mart or occasionally Target. They're warm, they don't cling, they're not too tight and if you slip on a pair of leggings, you're decently dressed. I also like men's Dearform slippers; they look like shoes but they're not. Speaking of leggings, Target has leg warmers. I adore them because my circulation is so poor that my legs feel like ice. These keep that from happening. Just don't get me a lime green pair, always hated that color!
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. Harlan Ellison

DC: ImageImageImageImageImageImage Nyoka: ImageImageImage Flowergame: ImageImage
Alexica
CreaturesTrade

Post by Alexica »

That sounds complicated, but I'm sure it's super comfy!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
flamekaat
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by flamekaat »

I love my hoodies. I was startled that my high school hoodie from California still fits. I am about to put the damned thing on find some pants or jeans and crash because *le sigh* is now laundry day like 4 weeks overdue I have hand washed and fabric refreshed my way into a corner. no choices at all here. It is also 8 Fahrenheit with an expected high of 28 today and a slight breeziness which will popsiclize you in a flat second when you step outside. Simply because there are no good trees and lately the wind has been north to south blowing and the buildings going places only block to the east/west. I am out of towels or I would put off the taking of my wheeled laundry basket and tow rope and walking the four blocks in the wind to the laundry mat which charges outrageously (1.75 to wash and .25 for each six minute increment of drying) but is the cheapest near by, and do some wash. It does have the advantage of being 24 hour laundromat. Great for us graveyard kiddos. Anyways glad to be back on the net, sporting my jeans and my t-shirts and my hoodies (Houghson Huskies BABY!) The favorite of which I mournfully may now report was not in the tupperware and is still in storage :( (huge 4x, Red, and with a cool blue painted on dragon on it Thanks JCP sale long ago.) I also like mens socks because womens socks I have to buy the bigger size and not always do the cool colors come in that and they still railroad track my calves. Now that I have gifted my backside off (PM me to fill your tree I will send things if I have them or can get them and you request them stream or something I can breed) I am going to re dress for payday errands and get some sleep. Energy shooters for me tonight :yarly: :sleep:
Umbria:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
ErrantMisty
CreaturesTrade

Post by ErrantMisty »

I really wish corduroy would make a comeback. I love the stuff! I have a pair of dark green pants and I have an old oversized jacket of it. Would love to buy a few more pant colors of it at least.

Under Construction. . .please don't mind our mess. ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Image Follow the itty bitty hydra to my Ambry!
nightclaw
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by nightclaw »

My most comfortable thing to wear is the Totoro sweatshirt that we got at ComicCon a few years ago. Though it's more of a light brown than light grey, sadly...
Magali
CreaturesTrade

Post by Magali »

:roll: if i could get away with it, i would never wear clothes but alas, america frowns upon such things! so i will say i like wearing loose clothing the majority of the time unless i'm dressing up for a date or just want to look sexy while goin to the gas station (omgwhydoidothat?)
SunsetVWF026
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by SunsetVWF026 »

I love pajamas. And sweatpants. I even had this bright neon blue track suit that I used to wear to school because it was just so darn comfy - and then I realized how stupid it looked to everyone else XD I usually don't change out of my pajamas during the weekends, because I realized there's no point in changing clothes when you're not even going to leave the house, lol…

For some reason I also wear a fleece jacket even when it's 75 degrees out and getting warmer. I don't know why. I guess I stop ignoring the heat after a while.
Forgotten Unicorn Hoard: 984/1000. Fun fact, I currently own 4.48% of all Forgotten Unicorns on Magistream. Almost there!
13/25 presents~

Return to “Hall of Speakers”