How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
fawnfur13
Member of The Dark Brotherhood An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by fawnfur13 »

Mmm, got a dentist appointment later this afternoon, really hoping the stuff they prescribed me to take beforehand works well :t-fear:
salt
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by salt »

Ayakashi wrote:It should be doable, since, in that site crash they probably gave back close to 100K creatures, granted, not all to one account, but still.

Update on my issue:

A broken trade may be the culprit. Said trade will not load for either me or the recipient, instead giving an HTTP 500 error. I have tried to go straight to the "confirm cancel trade" page using the URL bar and still get the same error.
surprising that it hasn't affected anyone else though; i saw this yesterday and rushed to check my keep/trades but nothing is gone on my end i think. has rosehill replied yet? crossing my fingers for you :-(

studying HARD MAN
watching: myself procrastinate really hard
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

come shopping at the holy trinity xo

-------
selling lots of stuff | buying SB fire/ice kitsunes
Aneira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aneira »

I'll be leaving the country for a year in less than 2 weeks.

I'm absolutely excited and terrified at the same time. I'm scrambling to get things organized (I'm trying to sell my car, but turns out a squirrel decided it would be a fun idea to chew up a $2200 part for my car, which adds up to $3100 with labor), get packed, and just make sure everything will be fine when I leave. I kind of had a breakdown yesterday thinking about leaving my cats. I know they'll be okay, my roommate and my stepdad/his girlfriend are going to be taking care of them while I'm away, but the thought of leaving them is breaking my heart. I'm incredibly attached to them and vice versa.

I'm just going to make sure they'll be as comfortable as can be while I'm gone. I have plans to set up a laundry basket with my/their favorite blanket inside, so that they can sleep in it and with something that has my scent on it. Flint loves sleeping on towels that I leave on my desk, so I also plan on covering one of the arms on my L-shape desk with my bathrobe and also put his favorite bed on it. I'm also buying a few extra fish (Flint's favorite toys) and small plush mice (Grem's favorite!) so that they're plenty stocked with things to do. Gremlin LOVES sleeping under my blankets and goes under them when he's scared, so I plan to put a queen blanket on my twin bed so he has plenty of options. He also loves chewing on cardboard..so I straight up have a large pile of boxes ready to set out when I leave. I'll probably put small towels in some of them to keep Flint happy too.

I'm so used to them sleeping with me or cuddling with me at night/in the morning. Or following me to the kitchen, or scratching at my bathroom door. Or just sleeping next to me or in my arms while I work. It's going to be a long year. :t-corner:
Image❖ Malo mori quam fodari ❖ Image
❄ ❄
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

Hi, all. :t-woo:

My life's been in a "bit" of an upheaval for the past months (due to reasons unrelated to the pandemic, though that certainly haven't made anything any easier, on the contrary), and I haven't been able to dedicate as much time or resources to MS as I would have liked, only sporadic attention, and most of that's gone to trying to figure out what on earth is going on with the lagging and cloudflare errors and other site trouble, to no other avail than temporary fixes. The reason for all the site trouble is still unclear, and I continue to comb through possible culprits in order to be able to permanently fix things.

I don't think I can even thank anyone for their patience anymore, since I'm sure y'all have already run out of it multiple times, so I'm just going to say I'm sorry for being unable to attend to the site as much as I should have.

I'm now going to sort out a few cases of messed up trades and missing creatures, comb through my PM inbox (way overdue), and then start digging even deeper into the abyss of the behind the scenes of the site, and hopefully finally get to the bottom of the frustrating site errors. D:
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ayakashi »

Rosehill wrote:Hi, all. :t-woo:

My life's been in a "bit" of an upheaval for the past months (due to reasons unrelated to the pandemic, though that certainly haven't made anything any easier, on the contrary), and I haven't been able to dedicate as much time or resources to MS as I would have liked, only sporadic attention, and most of that's gone to trying to figure out what on earth is going on with the lagging and cloudflare errors and other site trouble, to no other avail than temporary fixes. The reason for all the site trouble is still unclear, and I continue to comb through possible culprits in order to be able to permanently fix things.

I don't think I can even thank anyone for their patience anymore, since I'm sure y'all have already run out of it multiple times, so I'm just going to say I'm sorry for being unable to attend to the site as much as I should have.

I'm now going to sort out a few cases of messed up trades and missing creatures, comb through my PM inbox (way overdue), and then start digging even deeper into the abyss of the behind the scenes of the site, and hopefully finally get to the bottom of the frustrating site errors. D:
Thank you for the update, and we all love you for the work you do! You are the best!

Speaking of missing creatures, update on my case for those interested, yes I can get my creatures back! Rosehill can work their magic and they will return forthwith. Though there were 73K+, not 43K+ that vammoused out of my Keep. So I was wrong about that. :|
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D
Keeran
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Keeran »

Rosehill wrote:Hi, all. :t-woo:

I've been on sites that were abandoned by the people running it without any warning (or technical issues), so I appreciate you not just giving up on us.
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ayakashi »

Yay! I got all my creatures back!

Now I have to sort them. XD
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D
Shakura
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Shakura »

Keeran wrote:I've been on sites that were abandoned by the people running it without any warning (or technical issues), so I appreciate you not just giving up on us.
*caugh caugh* WorldOfUmbria *caugh*
I wasn't even able to save my creatures on my PC as I did when Valenth shut down and when I left Squiby. I had shiny doni creatures damn it. It just went down and never came back. I am still angry about that.

On the Magistream front - I am glad Rosehill is still working on it and I will continue to play this website. It's part of my daily routine tbh, together with Dragoncave and Flightrising and that, since 2009 (or 2013 for FR which basically replaced the hole that Valenth left) and that I will continue towards the future.
FR still has lots of feature updates and is still working towards refactoring parts of the site and developing new features and I have read a post by TJ09 from Dragoncave in 2021 that he still loves the website and will continue to maintain it. So I am positive about the future of them and also Magistream!

I am a programmer myself and I would love to help since finding bugfixes and trial-and-error, as well as refactoring are my favorite things to do, but I am "just" a silly Java backend developer, so I don't know if I would be of any help.

Edit: And my day was nice! got a 3 Star shiny Hoppip during the Pokemon Go Community Day, which was my goal. Yay!
Last edited by Shakura on February 12th, 2022, 1:38:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageI love Birds!Image <3 (( Quicksale / Shop ))
Looking for Gender Swaps of many Shop Creatures!
View my Profile for a List of all Magistream Birds! (WISHLIST!)
AssassinsCreed
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by AssassinsCreed »

*waiting for Melodifestivalen to start*

Let's see if we have the same fuckup with votes we had last week. They were supposed to present the votes they received in the app live, on stage but...said app stopped working halfway through the program so they had to discount them and use only the phone-votes (paid ones). Hopefully, the app will be working, otherwise, someone will scream the word "cancel Melodifestivalen" on Twitter (not that anyone takes those people seriously *shrug*). Either way, the right songs won last week. I hope this continues :3

Still hoping Cornelia Jakobs wins the entire show. Too early to have a winner-favorite but... I am hopeful. :yarly: Her voice alone would make it worth it.
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

Ayakashi wrote:Yay! I got all my creatures back!

Now I have to sort them. XD
Yay !! :woo: :woo: :woo:

Return to “Community Discussion”