time to throw the dough

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
passionate
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

time to throw the dough

Post by passionate »

who wants some dough?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Quest - Batter is Better than Butter?
Spoiler
It's an absolutely lovely spring day today - the sun shining overhead without a single cloud in sight, the temperature absolutely perfect for a pleasant stroll by the Stream - and so when you finish your tasks for the day, you decide to do just that.

Only, the instant you set foot outside your room, you're literally floored by some sticky, splattery, yet surprisingly solid projectile whamming into the side of your head.

"Oh no!" Someone yells, as you pick yourself up. The weird mass that hit you rolls off your face in a strangely cohesive glob. You catch it before it hits the floor. Wait….is that cookie dough?? You're distracted from further investigation as someone jogs up to you - presumably the person who beaned you in the first place.

"Are you all right?" The other magi asks, slightly breathless. "I was aiming for my friend, but then you happened to step out at the exact wrong moment." You glance around, but no one else is in the hallway. The other magi, correctly interpreting your gesture, hurries to explain. "I was trying out a throwing spell that sends the projectile flying towards a specified target as fast as it can, but slows down to a reasonable speed right before it hits. It's a modified mail spell! I guess I didn't account for people as potential obstacles in the pathing, though, sorry! If I just modify some of the parameters—"

You cut her off before she gets too far in her musings. "Why cookie dough, though?"

The other magi blinks. "Why anything? We've thrown potions, pumpkins, flowers, snowballs—okay wait, that one's pretty normal, I guess—"

Oh, so it's one of those days. So much for that nice walk by the Stream you were looking forward to. "Doesn't the Keep usually discourage food fights, though?" You ask, cutting her off again. You get the impression that she's one of those magi who will ramble about whatever interests her at the moment forever if allowed. A useful quality in arcane researchers, but not terribly conducive to the current conversation.

She waves her hand dismissively. "Someone in the kitchens was doing some experiment with cookie dough. Something about trying to use them to store messages?" She makes a face. "Don't know why anyone would want to use cookies for that, though I suppose there can be applications where you want your message medium to look innocuous and be quickly and easily destructible, and I suppose eating is a great way to destroy a message...Anyway," she says, seeing you twitch and correctly guessing that you want her to get back to the point. "The spells don't seem to have done anything except make the dough unbakeable, and the experimenter was working with the standard kitchens batch size of 'enough to feed the whole Keep,' so I guess they decided to let everyone blow off some steam with it. They're giving a few scoops out to anyone who drops by and accepts it."

Well then. You suppose you could stand to vent some pent up frustrations. You thank the other magi for the information, and after she briefly casts a healing spell on you, just in case, and then much less briefly explains the theory behind her (admittedly very fascinating) modifications to the mail spell, you head off to the kitchens in search of some dough.

Do you accept the cookies?
Quest - Batter is Better than Butter?
Spoiler
You've accepted the cookies

Reward: Dough for throwing (I *think* 20 blobs of it but I cannot tell)
Creatures:

Cookie?

(hatchling)
ImageImage(m/f)
...this is literally just a cookie.

(adult)
ImageImage(m/f)
Ah crumbs, your cookie grew into a vicious biscuit! You'd say it has a real chip on its shoulder, except it has no chips in its batter. There's no sugarcoating it - this is one tough cookie. You'd say it's crusty, but you think it might just be plain mean, no hidden sweetheart whatsoever.

Cookie!

(hatchling)
ImageImage(m/f)
Your dough has hatched into an adoughrable little cookie shark. It's not very fully formed yet, still missing some of the finer detailing on its fins and tail, and crucially missing an eye, so its attempts to follow you are a bit unsteady. It has to eat cookie dough and sugar to grow properly, but due to its poor eyesight, sometimes it tries to chomp on you instead. Well, sometimes you get to choose your friend, and sometimes your friend chews you.

(adult)
ImageImage(m/f)
Despite some mishaps while raising it, your cookie shark has a perfectly sweet personality. Accepting it into your Keep was a great idea after all! You feel your life is much butter for having it around.
come on, virtual pets literally should not die. they're VIRTUAL pets

xanje referral: <3
?/25 gifts omg thank you!!!
Wishlist Thank you

They say what doesn't kill the soul will make it harder
but you can't be a stone-hearted man. Anthony Green

Atlantica
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Re: time to throw the dough

Post by Atlantica »

are we just to throw it at people? i doesn't do anything though? XD I am confused.
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ayakashi »

I love cookies! Wish I knew what actually happened when we throw though. I've thrown almost all 15. Reload the page, and I have 15 more. XD
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D
VictoriaWings
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by VictoriaWings »

Throw Dough
What are the new Creatures?
passionate
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by passionate »

batter down the hatches!

Wishlist Thank you

passionate
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by passionate »

edit: bad gateway got me like DOUBLE POSTTTT

Wishlist Thank you

SeriousSans
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by SeriousSans »

I'm a bit confused, but I'd be happy to throw cookies back and forth with someone if anyone's interested?
To hatchling only please: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thank you very much! <3

My wishlist is on my profile; I love Wind Hydras and Charaen!
Current event wishlist: New event creatures!
Thank you so much for the gifts! <3

ImageImageImage
passionate
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by passionate »

confusion is imminent! don't forget to pick up the quest ^-^

Wishlist Thank you

passionate
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by passionate »

confusion is imminent! don't forget to pick up the quest ^-^

Wishlist Thank you

gayrurumon
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by gayrurumon »

I'm... throwing dough??? I don't know what I'm doing, and I refreshed the page and it now says no such quest exists. Throw dough at me I guess, if you want.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”