March Donis:Corrupt & Fallen Fell Perytons!

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

March Donis:Corrupt & Fallen Fell Perytons!

Post by Danafox »

Corrupt Fell Peryton - 3 Shard Creature #1389
Being close to this egg makes you feel slightly uneasy, and holding it makes you faintly nauseated.
General Description
Spoiler
Frequenting the side of Silva Forest closest to the Alasre Mountains, fell perytons are considerably more disquieting than their mountain counterparts. With their skull faces, imposing height, tattered wings, and striking colors, they are majestic and terrifying to behold, and their powers over decay and destruction mean they are treated as ominous portents, best avoided. However, while regal from the healthy distance that most non-magic users like to keep, magi who keep fell perytons report that up close, they can be adorably clumsy and silly - sometimes getting spooked by their own wings, attempting to flee, and crashing straight into whatever is nearby, be that a tree, a fence, or another fell peryton. After recovering, the fell peryton almost resembles a cat in how it proceeds in utter dignity, as if nothing has happened.
ImageImage
Male hatchling / Female hatchling - have dimorphism
Hatchling Description
Spoiler
Fell peryton hatchlings are surprisingly active and dextrous immediately after hatchling, and love nothing more than to prance through their territory, exploring every corner. They do not have the raw power that their adult counterparts do, which is fortunate, as they also have no control over when and where their magic spills, spreading rot and fungal infestations wherever they go. In Silva forest, most healthy plants and creatures are more than capable of fending off the weak rot spread by a young corrupt peryton, but old and weak plants get cleared out and broken down into rich compost, clearing the way for a new generation to spring in their place. Magi raising corrupt peryton hatchlings are strictly banned from bringing them anywhere near the Keep, though, lest they accidentally rot away critical supports or worsen the ailments of patients traveling to the Keep for magical care.
ImageImage
Male / Female Adults
Adult Description
Spoiler
Despite their fearsome powers, fell peryton are shy creatures, rarely leaving Silva forest unless called upon by their magi. Adult corrupt perytons no longer randomly spill their destructive magics, and apply their rot with deliberate intent to old, large trees that are past their prime, feeding on the fungi their powers spawn. As the tree decays and topples, new growth spurred by light shining through the freshly cleared canopy and the rich compost left behind can take its place.

Fallen Fell Peryton - 5 Shard Creature #1390
This egg is unpleasantly warm, and touching it always makes your eyes water and your throat sting.
General Description
Spoiler
Frequenting the side of Silva Forest closest to the Alasre Mountains, fell perytons are considerably more disquieting than their mountain counterparts. With their skull faces, imposing height, tattered wings, and striking colors, they are majestic and terrifying to behold, and their powers over decay and destruction mean they are treated as ominous portents, best avoided. However, while regal from the healthy distance that most non-magic users like to keep, magi who keep fell perytons report that up close, they can be adorably clumsy and silly - sometimes getting spooked by their own wings, attempting to flee, and crashing straight into whatever is nearby, be that a tree, a fence, or another fell peryton. After recovering, the fell peryton almost resembles a cat in how it proceeds in utter dignity, as if nothing has happened.
ImageImage
Male hatchling / Female hatchling - have dimorphism
Hatchling Description
Spoiler
Fell peryton hatchlings are surprisingly active and dextrous immediately after hatchling, and love nothing more than to prance through their territory, exploring every corner. They do not have the raw power that their adult counterparts do, which is fortunate, as they also have no control over when and where their magic spills, spilling sparks and spewing small flames everywhere. In Silva forest, most living, native plants are well adapted against these random sparks and do not kindle easily during the season fallen peryton hatchlings are growing, but dead brush and invasive species get burned into nutrient-rich ash, maintaining a healthy ecosystem. Magi raising fallen peryton hatchlings are strictly banned from bringing them anywhere near the Keep, though, lest they accidentally set anything or anyone on fire.
ImageImage
Male / Female Adults
Adult Description
Spoiler
Despite their fearsome powers, fell peryton are shy creatures, rarely leaving Silva forest unless called upon by their magi. Adult fallen perytons no longer randomly spill their destructive magics, and apply their flames to strategic burns where the forest has started to grow too densely, clearing out both old dead trees and young growth that is simultaneously unviable and leeching nutrients from healthy adult trees. Fallen perytons seem to feed on the nutrient-rich ash left behind, and the newly cleared space allows new trees to grow healthily without competing for limited resources.
Sprite art: Mysfytt | Description: Kestrad for both donis.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wooooo birthday doni month is here!!!! :evil:
Last edited by Danafox on March 31st, 2023, 11:52:17 pm, edited 7 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
Szarwas
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: March Donis:Corrupt & Fallen Fell Perytons!

Post by Szarwas »

Oh noes. Nooo. I'm not ready financially for PERYTONS. OMG. :woo: :woo: :woo: Brb going to find some savings in my bank account LOL

Okay that aside, that fallen fell's colour is amazing, and that antler... looks like moose, hope it'll be moose antlers. Can't wait to see them hatch <3 OMG.
ImageImageImageImage
Atlantica
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Atlantica »

Image Image
male / female corrupt fell peryton

Fell peryton hatchlings are surprisingly active and dextrous immediately after hatchling, and love nothing more than to prance through their territory, exploring every corner. They do not have the raw power that their adult counterparts do, which is fortunate, as they also have no control over when and where their magic spills, spreading rot and fungal infestations wherever they go. In Silva forest, most healthy plants and creatures are more than capable of fending off the weak rot spread by a young corrupt peryton, but old and weak plants get cleared out and broken down into rich compost, clearing the way for a new generation to spring in their place. Magi raising corrupt peryton hatchlings are strictly banned from bringing them anywhere near the Keep, though, lest they accidentally rot away critical supports or worsen the ailments of patients traveling to the Keep for magical care.
Desade
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Desade »

Take my money! D:
I love you 3000, Bosco.
~ ♥ ~
my wishlist!
9/25 gifts, thank you!
~ • ~
Stormpaws
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Stormpaws »

The hatchlings are so pretty, can't wait to see the adults!
Lunalux
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lunalux »

oh no.. i see my money leaving.. XD
DarkRider
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by DarkRider »

Lunalux wrote:oh no.. i see my money leaving.. XD
Sammmeeee I already bought two of each :yey:
ImageImage Image
Don't take artwork thanks!Avatar by Munin thank you!Tulcadhiel made Fox! Thank you!
feralkiwi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by feralkiwi »

adding to the chorus of "oh noessss these are beautiful, take my moneys!!" i love perytons <3 the hatchlings are so cuute and the eggs are pretty, can't wait to see the adults
(pronouns: they/them)

happy 15th magiversary!

<3 clicks appreciated-just to hatchling pls <3
ImageImageImageImageImage
Szarwas
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Szarwas »

Found the adult Corrupt Fell Perytons in clicking threads: m/f
ImageImage
Spoiler
Despite their fearsome powers, fell peryton are shy creatures, rarely leaving Silva forest unless called upon by their magi. Adult corrupt perytons no longer randomly spill their destructive magics, and apply their rot with deliberate intent to old, large trees that are past their prime, feeding on the fungi their powers spawn. As the tree decays and topples, new growth spurred by light shining through the freshly cleared canopy and the rich compost left behind can take its place.
Their owner is bigeagle.
ImageImageImageImage
wystearya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by wystearya »

Hmm, I like deer, but not into skulls. I may pass on these, but only because they aren't my thing. They do look great.
Image Image ~ Image ~ Image Image

Wishlist in profile. <3 25/25 gifts - Thank you!

Return to “Community Discussion”