Multum Canid (Any Serpaen x direwolf)

A Damaged Beastiary
DoomedDaphnia
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Multum Canid (Any Serpaen x direwolf)

Post by DoomedDaphnia »

I've decided this creature is 100% necessary for this website

Egg: An absurdly long, fluffy tail pokes out of this egg.

Hatchling: These hatchlings are energetic and friendly to the point of becoming a hazard to themselves and others. They require constant supervision while young, especially while playing with others of their kind lest they tie knots around each other by accident. As a hatchling grows, this risk lessens and it will begin cooperating with others its own age to harass burrow-dwelling creatures both of magical and non-magical origin and regardless of size, as these hatchlings always seem to think they are bigger than they truly are. It is important that these hatchlings have a designated space to practice digging so that they do not cause hazards for hoofed or smaller creatures.

Adult: Fondly referred to as Wiener Wolves by some magi, Multum Canids are social animals that enjoy their magi's and each other's company equally. In the wild, these creatures can form massive packs that form equally massive underground burrows that can cause sinkholes several yards wide and many more deep if they collapse. They trap prey by using their sensitive hearing and pitfalls. Magi have found these tactics useful on the battlefield or while trying to capture an especially speedy target. Due to the hazards these companions cause, they are often allowed to roam away from the keep and, if needed, are visited by their magi.

General: If one were to explore the world on the back of a flying companion, they may find stretches of plain or forest that are pockmarked with sinkholes. More often than not, these locations are Multum Canid territory and may belong to packs up to thirty individuals in number. While direwolves and serpaens may not meet regularly, their offspring thrive in many climates thanks to their serpaen parent's adaptability. Due to the size of their target prey, Multum Canids have a difficult time surviving without a pack, and the need for easier prey is one of the few things that can drive them to the surface.

Not really sure these guys would have any color variations :derp:
eventide16
CreaturesTrade

Re: Multum Canid (Any Serpaen x direwolf)

Post by eventide16 »

I don't know if they need color variations, all I know is that wiener wolves / dire dachshunds have won me over. Cute!

Return to “February 2017 Monthly Contest”