The Wolpertinger,O-gon cho and the Bellolyre, Critics Wanted

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
cyberus151
CreaturesTrade

The Wolpertinger,O-gon cho and the Bellolyre, Critics Wanted

Post by cyberus151 »

Critics welcome
I will have this finished very very soon, please note, I did not make up the Wolpertinger, i just like them, also note Bellolyres, are completely my invention, though loosely based on myths of Dragons that turn into Birds, i will be making a mock-up of a egg for each, as my spriting skills are awful they are just there to show an idea, and please note for Wolpertingers, i am describing one that looks something like this
Spoiler
For those who have trouble visualizing

Wolpertingers:

Mock up egg:
Spoiler
Description

Egg(Wolpertinger)
a antler and a a wing protrude from this Tawny Egg

Hatchling(Wolpertinger)
This Leveret hatched with the antlers of a stag and the wings of a hawk, both in miniature of course, it doesn't hop, unlike you expected it to, but it runs, remarkably fast too. It seems to like to launch itself of high points in your house(or the Keep) and you fear for its safety when it does, but it always lands safely and softly, as if it had fallen on its own nest. The young Wolpertinger hasn't been growing much, but there is no doubt it has been developing, with its wings and antlers getting bigger, and it growing Fangs that can even rival some of the Direwolf pups, you have no doubt that will be Fearsome when it has fully grown

Adult(Wolpertinger)
Something about the size of a Large Jack Rabbit it sleeping in a Meadow, even though it didn't grow as much as you expected it to, it can still be fearsome, with Its Fully grown Antlers and its wings making it Capable of flight, This Wolpertinger can fight something multiple times it's size, and win. No matter how strange this creature is, it makes a great traveling companion, being small enough to ride on ones shoulder, yet strong enough to fight off a Wild Roc, it loves the Rugged land of the Alasre Mountains, even though no one knows their true place of Origin

General(Wolpertinger)
Wolpentingers are Strange creatures, about the Size of a fully grown rabbit, they possess strength beyond their size, and are capable of flight, they resemble a jack Rabbit with Antlers,wings and Fangs, of course, with all these natural weapons, it is not a good idea to underestimate one, as they often can bring down things many times their size, even though their eggs can be big compared to its body, they will defend their eggs ferociously, due to their strong parental instinct. If an egg is obtained,the owner would have many scratches and marks, as Wolpertingers do not enjoy anyone close to their nest

Looks:

Egg(Wolpertinger):
It is a Tawny and Tan egg, that looks something like Rabbit fur, with a wing sticking out of the side, preferably a reddish brown, coupled with a few cooler browns, with a antler coming out of the side
looking something like these, or These of course i couldn't make something of what i hoped it to be for the Mock-up

Hatchling(Wolpertinger):
About a small rabbit, with antlers on it, varying because of gender, the male's antlers being like these and the females more like This, and a pair of similar wings to that on the egg, except maybe a bit bigger, and not-too-obvious fangs it wouldn't be a Wolpertinger without them, also, it does a have a rabbits tail, a fluffy one ^-^

Adult(Wolpertinger):
Somewhat like the Hatchling, but larger, definitely larger, and the Antlers now would look rather big, but still a bit small, of course, to fit its own head, the wingspan should now be about a little more then the width of its body, the fangs are now obvious, and the same size for both genders, as things like that wouldn't change, it keeps the Fluffy tail, and is covered in a rabbit fur,(duh) so it would include warm tones, rusty color cool browns, well alot of things, just as as long as it looks like a rabbit with horns,fangs and wings

Bellolyres:

Mock up eggs:
Spoiler
Description

Egg(Bellolyre)
There is a small jewel showing through this egg's shell, sometimes you think you hear it ringing

Hatchling(Bellolyre)
Your egg has hatched to reveal one of the strangest creatures you have ever seen, with a head looking like a mix of a both a bird and a Dragon, it is covered in both feathers and scales, both seamlessly switching into eachother every so often along, it has the body of a songbird, a oversized one that is, it has a Golden(or Silver) Crest upon its forehead, that has a well cut jewel set in the center, they look wondrous, it is hard to explain, as it is a very hard to explain creature. Sometimes you can find it, well, if you were to call it anything it would be singing, a chiming song that sounded like wind chimes and glass clinking. Your Bellolyre has Been growing at an Alarming Rate! it will reach its full size soon

Adult(Bellolyre)

General(Bellolyre)
As Dragon Birds Hailing from the Far east, they are a rare sight in this region, very few know where to find them, as no one knows whether they reside in the Deadly Jungle of Raza or the Colorful Callisto Islands. As intelligent as any magi, anyone who finds there nesting grounds are sworn to secrecy and sent off with an egg, occasionally some Bellolyre nest away from their Nesting ground, and are happy to give a young Magi one of their eggs, of course that magi is in for a hectic time once that egg hatches. Bellolyre have a sweet chiming song that is wondrous to hear, but they cannot be forced to sing, as they are as Free as the wind, and must be treated as such, because they simply choose to stay with its Master, not the Master chooses them.

Looks:

Egg(Bellolyre):
A Small egg, looks to be covered in scales, i have yet to find out how to make that look, and the scales have the indentation feathers do, it has a small golden crest bursting out with a gem on it, it can be alot of different colors, so lets just say they were Perwinkle, as shown,Crimson, this one would make a nice one, Silver, this one is necessary, and gold, when its gold the crest is silver, a navy would also work,

O-gon-Cho:

Mockup egg:
Spoiler
Coming soon.....
Descriptions:

Egg(On-gon-cho):
This pearly white and gold egg appears to Foretell disaster wherever it is found, it appears to radiate Sorrow.

Hatchling(On-gon-cho)
coming soon.......

Adult(On-gon-cho)
coming soon.....

General(On-gon-cho)
coming soon.....

Looks:

Egg:(On-gon-cho)
A Pearl colored egg with gold colored scales on it, and a small golden plume, decorating the front of the egg

Notes:
-The Wolpertinger is not my invention, neither is the O-Gon-Cho
-The Bellolyre is of my invention, if based loosely on dragon bird myths
- The Mock up eggs suck, i know that, so don't comment on them
- i will have these all done about a day before the deadline
- Please critique, and post your opinions
- Most of these aren't my idea
- i will work with someone if they want, but we will have to reach some areeement
Last edited by cyberus151 on September 14th, 2009, 8:54:55 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Hey, I'm an ancient user. Ignore my profile and such, too tired to update, haha.
~ImageImageImageImage~
cyberus151
CreaturesTrade

Re: My Entries (in progress)

Post by cyberus151 »

Added the Look description, and deleted the Gargoyle, also, Now Open for Critique ^-^
Hey, I'm an ancient user. Ignore my profile and such, too tired to update, haha.
~ImageImageImageImage~
inlaterdays
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: My Entries(Wolpertinger,O-gon cho and Bellolyre)

Post by inlaterdays »

I love the Wolpertinger idea...fur, fangs, antlers, and wings: there's something for everyone to like.

The Bellolyre eggs are pretty and I like the idea of a bird/dragon hybrid. Would the adult form have feathered wings instead of dragon wings? I like the crest, too.
Image ImageImage Image Image Image

Back from hiatus & getting caught up...
cyberus151
CreaturesTrade

Post by cyberus151 »

Thanks and thanks, teh Bellolyre idea is just based off myth, technically it will have feathered wings, with it being more bird then dragon, i Do love Wolpertinger, Fur,Feathers,Wings,Fangs,Antler,Cute, deadly What are they missing? (besides scales and horns)
~ImageImageImageImage~
Lucarn
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lucarn »

I wanted to use the Wolpertinger idea, too, but it seems you were faster XD

I love the Bellolyre, they sound very beautiful. I am interested about the description of the adults. Maybe you could add the colours of them. Have they only one colour or many colours, how big are they, ...
cyberus151
CreaturesTrade

Post by cyberus151 »

Well, thanks, and you can still try the Wolpertinger idea, personally i live no where near where the myths of the Wolpertinger originate I live in Canada, just they are my favourite creature, and i will be updating this soon
~ImageImageImageImage~
kevin19980609
CreaturesTrade

Post by kevin19980609 »

Nice ideas!
cyberus151
CreaturesTrade

Post by cyberus151 »

They aren't mine XD thanks to Myth from Germany and Japan for the Wolpertinger and O-gon-cho, the Bellolyre is also made form myth
~ImageImageImageImage~
cyberus151
CreaturesTrade

Post by cyberus151 »

So no one else has an opinion? fine by me, but if you are reading, please post , i would like to know your opinion
~ImageImageImageImage~
cyberus151
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Wolpertinger,O-gon cho and the Bellolyre, Critics Wanted

Post by cyberus151 »

..... Anyone? lurkers, please post i would like to know your opinion
~ImageImageImageImage~

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”