Riku's entry : : Sabre C.Lynx ♥ Updated- Reviews? :3

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
iRiku
CreaturesTrade

Riku's entry : : Sabre C.Lynx ♥ Updated- Reviews? :3

Post by iRiku »

Okay, since I can't draw what so ever. I'm going to make a written description.
It will be bad, so criticism and bash is allowed. But please don't go too far...

----

Additional Info.

This is for extended info on the real life creature that I'm writing about. (( This is not a select, paste, and copy info. I read articles and wrote then in my OWN WORDS. ))

So as you know the 'Saber' part is from a living beast that live long ago in the Ice Age. Saber-Tooth Tiger is the creature's name, or so the scientific name is Smilodon. They are many species in their family, several Smilodon have been discovered, but only 3 were recognized so far. And those names are "Smilodon gracilis", "Smilodon fatalis", and "Smilodon populator". Smilodon gracilis was the most earliest and smallest of its species, lived between 2.5 million-500,000 years ago. Some of the Smilodon are probably formed from this species. Smilodon fatalis who replaced the Smilodon gracilis, which lived for about 1.6 million-10,000 years ago. And its size was about in the middle between Smilodon gracilis and Smilodon populator. And lastly Smilodon populator, the last species to be recognized and probably the largest of the 2 other. The most heaviest, longest, longest among all machairodonts. Lived between 1 million-10,000 years ago.
(( Ah, I don't know why I wrote all of this crap....wait--- Here comes MORE CRAP! 8D ))

Saber-Tooth are more built then today's cat family. Why? because, back then Saber-Tooth had more muscle powers, so it can take down foe bigger than it's size. Also their ultimate weapon it's their over sized maxillary canines. The largest canines have been found is 28ch which is about 11in. Their canines are made to stab more than slashing, but surprisingly they have a weaker bite than modern cats, despite being stronger, better build, and larger than other cats. Modern Cat's have a more pronounced zygomatic arches, while Smilodon has a smaller zygomatic arches which unable the temporalis muscles, thus reduced the Smilodon bite force. They are said to a social creatures and hunt in packs, and care for the old and sick member's in the pack/pride.

Pictures,
Spoiler

(( Here come's more CRAP! :3 ))

Next up we have the part "Lynx Canadensis" which is the scientific word for Canadian Lynx. As one of the member of the 4 Lynx family, Canadian Lynx live mostly in Canada and Alaska. C. Lynx (( short for Canadian Lynx )) has adapted to live in the cold harsh environment. They are twice as big as domestic cats and is a very formidable foe. Weighing up to 25 pounds and length nearing to 3 feet.

This majestic cat has a very beautiful color coat, silvery brown with small dark marking sometimes hard to spot under it's dense fur. They have thick ruff hair on their neck and ears, and has a long dark tip of hair on the tip of their ears. Their tail is very short like the Bobcat, but its completely black- unlike that of the Bobcat whose black on the upper and white on the lower bottom. It's a very secretive cat and a largely solitary feline.

Pictures,
Spoiler
So together this makes my creature "Saber Lynx Canadensis" or for short "Sabre C.Lynx"

Yay! No more CRAP! :hooray:

-------

Now this is my entries! :3
Please enjoy them, but if there's anything that needs to be corrected please tell me.
:3

â—‹Egg.

"This eggs has a silver based color with 2 ears poking out on the top with 3 small black stripes on each ears, with 2 additional fangs."

No picture...;_;

â—‹Hatchling.

"Noticing shards of egg shells scattered across the floor, next to the shards laid a squeaking snow white pup. You picked it up and gazed at its magnificent details-- Its sharp ears and it's glistering icy blue eyes. Next you notice it's short chubby tail, dark markings glazed around its white fur. Best yet, its soft pink nose, proving its use of its nose-- It starts to sniff your pockets then squeaked, you checked for the cause in your pocket pants and pulled out a cookie, like lighting it jumped into your hand and nab the cookie. Squeaking happily it started to nibble on the cookie. And that's when you know that you got a feisty little tracker on your hands."

â—‹Adult

"Now fully grown, it can sniff out a rose with the slightest tint of your smell in a field of millions of roses. This beast is not the playful type you would see in Direwolfs, instead it has a unique relax nature. Though fully grown it's only about the size of an overgrown German Shepard, which is perfect for Magi who is a plain potato couch. It's loves to stay by your side and accompany you almost anywhere that allows 'beast'. Besides it sly and stealthy side, it can use magic amazingly, but once it does it will not be able to walk or eat for quite a while-- which is really bad for it's health. But that's only when it's not tamed right, if tamed right it can use magic without any restraint. If one is lucky or has fond a tight bond with the beast, it can choose to speak with you in it's own language, but surprisingly you understand them. But to own one carries a big burden, because it is extremely hard to take care of."

More will be added later...Too tired at this moment...
Last edited by iRiku on September 15th, 2009, 7:10:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Sitting : : None. Mine : : ♥ Image Image Image [quote]Image Counting : : ♥ 131 ♥
1 Albinos ♥[/quote]
Clovermcrover
CreaturesTrade

Re: Riku's entry. Saber Lynx Canadensis. ♥ -not good-...

Post by Clovermcrover »

Intesting, and you have the same type of creature I posted, lol!

Oh, and Saber-tooth tiger isn't the scientific correct term, its Saber-Tooth cat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
iRiku
CreaturesTrade

Re: Riku's entry. Saber Lynx Canadensis. ♥ -not good-...

Post by iRiku »

Yeah.
But the body of my Saber-Tooth is a Canadian Lynx :3

Really?
My research show's that both way is correct...
Sitting : : None. Mine : : ♥ Image Image Image [quote]Image Counting : : ♥ 131 ♥
1 Albinos ♥[/quote]
iRiku
CreaturesTrade

Re: Riku's entry : : Sabre C.Lynx ♥ Updated- Reviews plz!

Post by iRiku »

Hatchling Info added :3

I'm sleepy right now so I might correct stuff tomorrow :P
1 Albinos ♥[/quote]
Clovermcrover
CreaturesTrade

Post by Clovermcrover »

Wow! The lynx is awesome! I would love to see that in the shops!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
iRiku
CreaturesTrade

Post by iRiku »

Clovermcrover wrote:Wow! The lynx is awesome! I would love to see that in the shops!
Thanks!
I think it sucks :P
1 Albinos ♥[/quote]
Clovermcrover
CreaturesTrade

Post by Clovermcrover »

No it doesnt, not at all.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
iRiku
CreaturesTrade

Post by iRiku »

Clovermcrover wrote:No it doesnt, not at all.
Really? :t-blush:
I gotta edit some of it tomorrow..I have to go to bed naoz...><
1 Albinos ♥[/quote]
iRiku
CreaturesTrade

Re: Riku's entry : : Sabre C.Lynx ♥ Updated- Reviews? :3

Post by iRiku »

Adult description updated :3

Criticism or review? owo
1 Albinos ♥[/quote]
iRiku
CreaturesTrade

Re: Riku's entry : : Sabre C.Lynx ♥ Updated- Reviews? :3

Post by iRiku »

Review anyone? ><
1 Albinos ♥[/quote]

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”