Goldmining is causing the lag, and must stop

Learn about the latest updates here.
Cheystar
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Re: Goldmining is causing the lag, and must stop

Post by Cheystar »

I have a question, what about people that are at Yarolds? I don't go there much anymore, but is that considered mining? Magistream is one of the big ones over there the last I saw. Can we mine our own keeps?

Edited to add: Why not just have eggs and hatchlings grow with time instead of just clicks?
Pounces
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pounces »

Cheystar wrote: October 1st, 2023, 10:48:54 am I have a question, what about people that are at Yarolds? I don't go there much anymore, but is that considered mining? Magistream is one of the big ones over there the last I saw. Can we mine our own keeps?

Edited to add: Why not just have eggs and hatchlings grow with time instead of just clicks?
Curious about Yarold's as well. I click everything there daily until I completely run out of links.

Also - clicking eggs and hatchlings is currently the only real way to make gold. If it was taken away, new players like myself would never have any way of earning until something new is added. :/ (Plz ignore joined on date - I have only been actively playing for roughly 2-3 weeks :) )
<3 Wishlist: any older, bred event creatures would be amazing! <3
Missed Sea Bunnies, and I'd love ANY Crystalwing
(Despite year joined that shows, I just started Sept 2023)
┍━━━━━»•» ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ 🌺 ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ «•«━┑
<3 We love clicks too! Please help us grow <3
ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ
Image ImageImage

ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ
ImageImageImageImage
┕━»•» ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ 🌺 ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ «•«━━━━━┙
Mochipet
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mochipet »

Pounces wrote: October 1st, 2023, 2:05:37 pm
Cheystar wrote: October 1st, 2023, 10:48:54 am I have a question, what about people that are at Yarolds? I don't go there much anymore, but is that considered mining? Magistream is one of the big ones over there the last I saw. Can we mine our own keeps?

Curious about Yarold's as well. I click everything there daily until I completely run out of links.

Also - clicking eggs and hatchlings is currently the only real way to make gold. If it was taken away, new players like myself would never have any way of earning until something new is added. :/ (Plz ignore joined on date - I have only been actively playing for roughly 2-3 weeks :) )
I feel you. I started a couple weeks ago too so I had no idea what gold mining was and like I said earlier, I only just learned about snaplinks. So far, I've only just broke 5k. I'm definitely not complaining about any of it at all. More so it's just an odd time to be a new player I think.

I am nervous about trying anything out for fear of breaking the new rules (second round of apologies for mining adults with my new snaplinks knowledge. I was more so aiming to get crafting materials than gold itself). It's why I haven't messed with Yarolds.
Pounces
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pounces »

I hope that I'm correct in my assumption that Yarold's will be acceptable - I've clicked there for years now so it would be strange to give it up completely. xD Since they have a max of 250 links visible at any one time, and a decent majority of those come from 3-4 different sites I don't think it's going to be much of a strain on the server. It sounded more to me like it was the sites set up specifically for gold mining that were causing the problems. So far I have been using two nursery sites for the time I've been active here and have not been alerted to wrong doing, and I'm pretty sure Rosehill said there would be a warning issued unless it was a really extreme case.

Of course, I wouldn't dare to speak for Rosehill - just saying that was the vibe I got. :)
<3 Wishlist: any older, bred event creatures would be amazing! <3
Missed Sea Bunnies, and I'd love ANY Crystalwing
(Despite year joined that shows, I just started Sept 2023)
┍━━━━━»•» ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ 🌺 ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ «•«━┑
<3 We love clicks too! Please help us grow <3
ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ
Image ImageImage

ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ
ImageImageImageImage
┕━»•» ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ 🌺 ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ «•«━━━━━┙
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

In the threads above, snaplinks or linkclump was said to be ok. It seems like it was opening thousands of links with a click from the sites set up to goldmine adults that was doing it.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

Just to bring this down for all who didn't read all the way through the thread:
Rosehill wrote: September 15th, 2023, 2:33:57 am
Pounces wrote: September 15th, 2023, 2:18:41 am Just one last question from me - is using snaplinks for the Image Free Nursery ok, or is that restricted as well? Just clarifying so I don't make any mistakes since I've really just started playing <3

Thanks! :)
Snaplinks in IFN and click threads is still ok.

A general rule of thumb that could be considered when you people are wondering what's okay and what's not: It's okay to use snaplinks and linkclump and such etc. when clicking on hatchlings and eggs. Purposefully mining on adult creatures is not okay any more. (And yes, the IFN or click threads may also have adults, it's okay if those get snaplinked/linkclumped too, so you don't have to worry about accidentally clicking on adults on IFN.) ^.^
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
Cheystar
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cheystar »

froglady wrote: October 1st, 2023, 6:54:59 pm Just to bring this down for all who didn't read all the way through the thread:
Rosehill wrote: September 15th, 2023, 2:33:57 am
Pounces wrote: September 15th, 2023, 2:18:41 am Just one last question from me - is using snaplinks for the Image Free Nursery ok, or is that restricted as well? Just clarifying so I don't make any mistakes since I've really just started playing <3

Thanks! :)
I did read that, but the thing about Yarolds is not all the creatures are eggs or hatchlings. Many people throw up adult links, it's not like the image free goldmine, but it's still not just young creatures. Thanks though, it sounds like it won't be enough to cause issues, I just wanted clarification for those that do use it regularly.
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

How about the most simple answer for earning gold.....once you hatch an egg you earn a specific sum of gold due to the rarity of the egg, or maybe if it aligns with your element (new game mechanic that was just added before the big update)? Also once a hatchling grows up to adult you also earn a sum of gold. And maybe if you freeze a hatchling you also earn gold? Maybe freezing eggs lets you earn gold too?

Of course we can still add more ways to earn gold...but I thought of this for the "base" play of the game.

I also think the changing of element mechanic should be reduced to being able to chance it once per week vrs once per month. It would be less punishing for choosing the wrong element or wanting to change it more frequently vrs being stuck with it forever till the next month.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
Cheystar
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cheystar »

Danafox wrote: October 2nd, 2023, 11:19:57 pm How about the most simple answer for earning gold.....once you hatch an egg you earn a specific sum of gold due to the rarity of the egg, or maybe if it aligns with your element (new game mechanic that was just added before the big update)? Also once a hatchling grows up to adult you also earn a sum of gold. And maybe if you freeze a hatchling you also earn gold? Maybe freezing eggs lets you earn gold too?

Of course we can still add more ways to earn gold...but I thought of this for the "base" play of the game.

I also think the changing of element mechanic should be reduced to being able to chance it once per week vrs once per month. It would be less punishing for choosing the wrong element or wanting to change it more frequently vrs being stuck with it forever till the next month.

Another thing is to reduce the cost of moving elements and other things too. If they take away the way for making gold, then prices should reflect that.
froglady
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

I feel like if you get a gold bonus for hatching your egg or growing your hatchling to adult people will hide their eggs/hatchlings so as to get the last click, whereas if you get the gold bonus for hatching or growing another player's egg/hatchling it will foster more clicks for everyone and more activity on the site in general.

Return to “Site News”