Tangy's Entry - {Jackalope} - Art Updated!

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
Tangy
CreaturesTrade

Tangy's Entry - {Jackalope} - Art Updated!

Post by Tangy »

The jackalope was always a creature I was fascinated by, after I first saw it in the DS game of "The Urbz: Sims in the City" where you could create a pet jackalope. This creature seems like it would be very suiting on magistream.

Keep in mind that I'm not an artist. My avatar is the only decent thing I've ever made. :P I did spend a good couple hours on them though, just for references! I love how the hatchling turned out the way I wanted it to. ^__^ (Pose-wise). And the egg was good too. The adult... well, it turned out okay. An actual artist will obviously have to take over if I win though. xD.

Comments and criticism are loved. :hooray:

Egg
Image Enlarged so you can see it better:Image

Description:

Dark stripes adorn this egg's brown shell. When you hold it, it trembles slightly, as if nervous.

Notes: I fixed the stripe. ^_^ Nothing more to say.

Hatchling
Image Enlarged so you can see it better: Image

Description:

When this adorably tiny creature first hatched, it was not comfortable around you at all. Through gentle coaxing and soothing words, you eventually manage to pet its soft coat without it flinching away. As you run your hand over it's head, you feel two small nubs just before the ears. You hesitate, wondering if this is normal, but the baby animal does not seem distressed by them. You continue to move your hand down its small body, over its floppy ears, and through the three dark brown stripes similar to that on the eggshell. At the end of its body, there is a small white puffball of a tail. Although you have managed to convince it that most of the other animals in The Keep will not harm it, it is utterly terrified of the direwolves, and you have had to seperate the two species.

Notes: It's asleep in the picture. The white neck-marking that is present on the adult is also on the hatchling, it just isn't visible in the picture I made. ^^ I've changed it slightly so that the tail is now white, not cream, to match the belly and neck markings. (I do feel that it's a noteworthy difference... xD) In general, it's tiny and weak at this stage, but can still hop pretty fast if frightened.

Adult

Description:

Your carefully raised hatchling has finally matured to an adult jackalope! The small nubs on its head turned out to be antlers, and although they seem rather large and heavy for the creature's size, its head balances them easily. It hops up to you and nuzzles your hand; the trust between you and your jackalope has grown immensely. Despite its small size, it will attack any creature or magi that threatens you viciously with its antlers.

Notes: The jackalope is the size of a normal rabbit/ jackrabbit. Just with antlers.

I've played with the art! =D. Instead of it being solid brown except for the stripes, it now has a white stomach and white neck-marking, with a dark brown stripe above both markings. I decided to put these on because they're similar to actual antelope markings. They were based off the markings of the Thompson gazelle (and yes, that's a type of antelope ^_^ (*just learned that today*). I think it makes the little guy look a lot more... original. And pretty. :3

Overall species description

Jackalopes live mostly in deep, dark forests far away from humans. In the wild, they are extremely shy creatures and will flee from magi and other species instantly. If hand-raised, however, a jackalope will come to trust it's master immensely. They are hunted only by direwolves, whose strengh and intellegence matches that of a jackalopes speed and hearing. Even when raised by magi around tame direwolves, jackalopes appear to have a instinctive fear. They are vegetarians, and eat mostly grass.
Last edited by Tangy on September 15th, 2009, 8:30:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jeni
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Tangy's Entry - {Jackalope} - Includes art

Post by Jeni »

Awwww. Now I want one of these!
Seriously, it's good to see a creature that isn't all hopped up and powerful Wolf/Dragon/Big Cat whatever. *says the person who entered a giant spider*
And I love your descriptions.
ImageImageImageImage
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

hey! i didnt enter a big cat, wolf, or dragon!

srsly though, i love jackalopes. way to go

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
Umbreonage
Pixel Artist
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Umbreonage »

Aw, these are cute. <3
I've done jackalope sprite before, quite recently, in fact. Don't worry, I'm not entering them! xD
Tangy
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tangy »

Thanks for the comments guys! :wave: I definitely agree that smaller creatures would be nice to see.
TrishtheStalker
CreaturesTrade

Post by TrishtheStalker »

I would love to see this one on the roster!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangy
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tangy »

Thanks! :D I'd love to see it there too. xD.

I forgot to mention, criticism is welcome.
Tangy
CreaturesTrade

Re: Tangy's Entry - {Jackalope} - Art Updated!

Post by Tangy »

-yes we are allowed to bump our topics here I checked- xD

I updated the art! Instead of being totally brown, the jackalope now has white belly and neck markings, based off those of actual antelopes. I'd love to hear what you guys think of it! :3
AuserJann
CreaturesTrade
Location: I'm actually INSIDE of your computer! :P Joke! Actually I'm from the Philippines

Post by AuserJann »

Aaawww... So Cute! :t-:3: I <3 It!
If you're kind enough, you'll look in the spoiler.:
Spoiler
Click the Wyvern and feed the hungry!!!

Banners that make my life so happy :) :
Spoiler
ImageImage
I <3 Taylor Swift
I'm CRAZY about Farir!!!
Tangy
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tangy »

Yay, thanks! :33

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”