Nandi Bear, Warg, and Majean Bear

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
Patricks Acolyte
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Nandi Bear, Warg, and Majean Bear

Post by Patricks Acolyte »

Nandi Bear

General: Naturally a vey dangerous, predatory creature, Nandi bears can be found on the borderlands of the Etain Desert and the land of Voltar. Always hungry, Nandi bears have obtained a bad reputation for eating humans as a last resort food source. Local tribesmen believe them to be the incarnation of evil spirits and they are feared the world renown. No one save for the brave Magi will even attempt to hunt them down, even if they will remain safe from attacks once the bear is gone. However, when trained by a Magi, these creatures are like a hybrid of a large cat and a canine. They are very loyal to their Magi and maintain the ferocity that is associated with a large wild cat. When searching for these ellusive creatures, it is hard to recognize the shapes if they are farther away as Nandi bears, for they have many different color variations, making them similar in color to many other desert dwelling creatures. The problem with these creatures isn't in dealing with wild bears of their species, however, it is in obtaining the eggs that are necessary to train the young animals inside. Nandi bears are very protective of their young, as well as their family, and if you are able to distract a wild Nandi bear long enough to get an egg, you are in for a journey that ends in a very protective, loyal friend.

Egg: A tanned brown egg sit in front of you with a small, stubby tail sticking out of it. It seems as if it would fit right in with the desert.

Description: The same color as a Direwolf egg, with no paw or markings on the egg. Also, a small bear tail, short and stubby, is sticking out to the left of the egg.

Hatchling: The young bear that you have been grateful to find seems like a playful cat. It jumps around and claws at almost anything it can get its small paws on. It loves to play with you and follows you everywhere you go. You question how people can be afraid of these animals, for you have taken quite fondly to this one. Not quite sure what is in store for you when it grows up, you know that it will remain loyal to you, no matter what.

Description: Colors depend on if the Nandi bear is a Mountain Nandi bear (grey), a Desert Nandi bear (desert color - blondish), or a Highland Nandi bear (brown-tan color). Regardless of the color difference, the sprites are all the same. Here, the hatchling is facing toward the bottom left of the screen. It's front legs and back legs are basically the same length at this point, both squat and low to the ground. Maybe the front ones are just a little bit higher, but not too much. It has bear paws and it's back is sloping a little bit, from the different leg lengths. It's face is that of a bear cub and it has medium length fur with a stubby bear tail. They are lighter in coloration toward the face and underbelly, with the Desert's lighter color being almost white. However, in the Mountain's color, it gets darker toward the face and the stomach. The face is basically the shape of a polar bear's face: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... -11-15.jpg. The face goes into a small neck the goes into the back.

Adult: This large adult, with front shoulders that are as tall as most Magi, is the perfect companion for desert exploration and long expeditions. Very resilient and with great endurance, this large sandy brown bear has front shoulders that are higher than its rear shoulders, giving its back a natural slope that is easy to mount. These creatures are very strong as adults and, if they let you, are easily ridden upon for many miles. Usually found in the hottest part of the Keep, Nandi bears get along with any and all creatures and they are very curious. If they aren't found near the fire creatures, they could be virtually anywhere. Is yours playing with the sea creatures in the lake, or is it playing in that field with the Direwolves? Either way, you know that it will return before nightfall, because it's loyalty will always lead it back to you.

Description: Here, the adults are fairly large. There is no difference between genders. Same color effects occur to adults. Light toward the stomach and face in Highlands and Deserts, darker toward those areas in Mountains. The face is that of a polar bear (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... -11-15.jpg), and it has a small neck before the neck meets the body. The body is squat and low to the ground. The hind legs are squat to the ground and the fore legs are longer than this, so that the back slopes down toward the rear. It is sort of a large animal in the torso, having to reserve fat for long treks. It has bear paws and it has a short, stubby bear tail toward the end. Brown eyes. The sprite is facing toward the right of the screen, standing almost profile, but facing a little toward the bottom of the screen.

http://www.unknownexplorers.com/cryptog ... llery.html Click on the second picture. This is what I envision them looking like, but less ferocious as in this picture The three color variations are possible from the same egg. One sandy brown, one more gray, and one basically the color of sand: all visible differently from the hatchling stage. That's what I want =D I'm going to make a difference in the descriptions of the three colors.

=D What do you think? Comments are welcome. =D
Last edited by Patricks Acolyte on September 15th, 2009, 9:43:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Patricks Acolyte
CreaturesTrade

Re: Nandi Bear, Warg, and Majean Bears

Warg

General: Bred for the sole purpose of being the mounts of evil Magi, these creatures were vicious and attacked without remorse. Their sharp teeth and dagger like claws could rip through enemies with ease, but they were slow compared to newly discovered horses. The dark Magi then abandoned their misshapen companions and took to riding horses, for they were faster than the Warg. With no one sitting atop them and whipping their flanks, willing them to go faster, the Wargs spread out and became more docile. Now occupying the fields that stretch from The Keep to Synara City, Wargs reside in holes dug into the ground and covered with all kinds of scraps that they find. Magi find it easy to find these creatures, but the search for the eggs is a little bit harder. Wargs tend to hide their eggs under nearly four feet of dirt and allow the young pups to dig out, for they are all born with their claws very sharp.

Egg: This egg seems to be covered in scruffy brown and grey fur.

Description: The egg is covered with grey and brown mixed fur and it has a tuft of spikey fur coming off on the ride side of the egg.

Hatchling: When this egg hatched, you nearly lost your arm, because the young Warg popped out of the egg and believed that it had a great deal of digging to do. It began to dig and it just barely missed digging through your arm, for it was digging sideways. This young creature has light brown and grey fur covering all of its body. The claws are razor sharp, as well as the already fully developed set of teeth that lines the jaw of this little pup. It is always looking for food and it can always find it, because of the Warg's naturally good sense of smell.

Description: The hatchling is in the same position as the Direwolf pup, except this guy is facing toward the left and all four of his feet are on the ground. The fur is a mix of brown and grey all over the body of the Warg and it is not separated, like it is on the Direwolf. These creatures have very flat muzzles and wolf-like tails. They have a very squat and stong build, with legs the same length. On the back, directly behind the head, is a hump that is covered in hair, that gives it an almost spikey look.

Adult: Standing at about the height of a Magi's chest, this tame Warg is very loyal, almost like a dog. These creatures can be very good mounts, when treated nicely, and they can also be effective killing machines. Powerful legs protrude from the muscled body of this humped animal. Able to run great distances over a flat terrain, adult Wargs are employed in message services all over the World. They also aid Magi in their expeditions and quests, by acting as mounts or as living shovels, thanks to their razor-like claws. However, back at The Keep, they are usually solitary creatures, keeping to themselves most of the time, but occasionally mingling in with the other predators residing in The Keep.

Description: http://www.theempire.com.au/images/2005 ... Statue.jpg They resemble this, essentially, but with greyer fur. I would like the fur to be darker toward the hump though, and for the tail to be bushier, like that of a Golden Retriever, but colored like the rest of the Warg's body.
Last edited by Patricks Acolyte on September 15th, 2009, 9:51:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Patricks Acolyte
CreaturesTrade

Re: Nandi Bear

I'm going to make another bear creature. Only Pendragon fans will know this, but I want to base it on the quigs from Denduron. The males will have full our spikes and the females will have small spikes.
Last edited by Patricks Acolyte on September 12th, 2009, 11:39:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phanalax
CreaturesTrade

Post by Phanalax »

Good idea! It looks a bit creepy, but this has potential. :wave:
ImageImage
Clicks are appreciated!
Patricks Acolyte
CreaturesTrade

Thanks =D I want it to look not as ferocious as that picture though. I'll probably make that edit. *goes to edit*
Patricks Acolyte
CreaturesTrade

Re: Nandi Bear, Warg, and Majean Bear

I have added in descriptions for the Nandi Bear and I have created the descriptions for the Warg. Crits welcome =D
luckydog
CreaturesTrade

Post by luckydog »

very good and all, but wargs may be a lotr copyright type thing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
help me hatch my kira Image
BlackDdraig
CreaturesTrade

Post by BlackDdraig »

luckydog wrote:very good and all, but wargs may be a lotr copyright type thing.
Nope, there is a Warg creature in D&D as well. Besides I also think there is another form of it somewhere in mythology.
PM me if the crash ate a linage I gifted you
If I stop logging in, it means my parents are being dicks >.<
Always remember "yukkuri shiteitte ne"(take it easy :3)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My cave My Creatures
Please visit him and all his family <3 Image
ƸӜ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Chocobo
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chocobo »

It is.
It's a creature from Norse mythology.
Tolkien can not copyright it.
BlackDdraig
CreaturesTrade

Post by BlackDdraig »

Chocobo wrote:It is.
It's a creature from Norse mythology.
Tolkien can not copyright it.
Thank you very much :D
For the life of me I could not remember which tradition I knew that creature from.
PM me if the crash ate a linage I gifted you
If I stop logging in, it means my parents are being dicks >.<
Always remember "yukkuri shiteitte ne"(take it easy :3)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My cave My Creatures
Please visit him and all his family <3 Image
ƸӜ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”