How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Sassenach
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Sassenach »

My dog has been going to the vet for the same allergy shot for five years, and yet the cost has never been consistent with the vet we're seeing now. Last month I took her in and it was only $100. This morning, we go in and (on top of the added stress of being dropped on the poor new tech who took three tries to do the actual poking-- bless Gautier for being such a patient girl, she even gave the lady kisses) it's almost twice as much for the shot. I can't necessarily complain because the only other vet in town was convinced that Gau had mange, even after she tested negative for all types... repeatedly. But like, hot damn, almost $200... that's steep. Worth it, since this vet is the only one who carries the shot and it means that she's not on a consistent steroid treatment, but steep. :/ Almost wish that the pet insurance carriers I could afford would cover her allergy treatments, but... bleh.
"When the day shall come, that we do part, if my last words are not 'I love you'--ye'll ken it was because I didna have time."

Username used to be Raptora!
Gender Swaps 《》 Creature Shop
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Spoiler
Raptora wrote:My dog has been going to the vet for the same allergy shot for five years, and yet the cost has never been consistent with the vet we're seeing now. Last month I took her in and it was only $100. This morning, we go in and (on top of the added stress of being dropped on the poor new tech who took three tries to do the actual poking-- bless Gautier for being such a patient girl, she even gave the lady kisses) it's almost twice as much for the shot. I can't necessarily complain because the only other vet in town was convinced that Gau had mange, even after she tested negative for all types... repeatedly. But like, hot damn, almost $200... that's steep. Worth it, since this vet is the only one who carries the shot and it means that she's not on a consistent steroid treatment, but steep. :/ Almost wish that the pet insurance carriers I could afford would cover her allergy treatments, but... bleh.
Have you considered buying the med yourself? Giving an injection is usually fairly early (especially if two people do it together), and there are places you can buy from that only require a prescription from the vet.

Might be worth looking into at least. The vet I use is open to things like that.. saves him from dealing with my anti-social cats, lol.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
LokiWolfbane
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by LokiWolfbane »

.... My sons chihuahua ran into a snow drift and almost did a back flip when it touched his neather reagon.

LTB Huge List
LTS Thread
Gold Mining Welcome
--/25 presents
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

The more things that happen at my job, the more certain I become that I don't want to be there much longer. I can make it 5 more months, I don't like it, but I can make it. I'm in survival mode now.
HobbitFeet
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by HobbitFeet »

Spoiler
Knowing that you took time and spent money to give someone something you thought they'd like, only to watch them explain why they're throwing it away almost immediately is... upsetting. Hurtful. I just keep trying to convince myself that once something leaves my hands, it's no longer mine to make decisions about, but mother fuck is it like a slap to the face.

Hey, not doing that again.
My Pokefarm!
Join me on Xanje!
Wishlist

☆·•●☽~Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?~☾●•·☆
HiddenMystic
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by HiddenMystic »

HobbitFeet wrote:
Spoiler
Knowing that you took time and spent money to give someone something you thought they'd like, only to watch them explain why they're throwing it away almost immediately is... upsetting. Hurtful. I just keep trying to convince myself that once something leaves my hands, it's no longer mine to make decisions about, but mother fuck is it like a slap to the face.

Hey, not doing that again.
I know that feeling - yes it does hurt. T_T :t-hugs:
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
LokiWolfbane
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by LokiWolfbane »

Do I make a Copyable form for character applications the same as egg codes? With the

Code: Select all

form
or something else?
Last edited by LokiWolfbane on January 21st, 2020, 5:51:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LTB Huge List
LTS Thread
Gold Mining Welcome
--/25 presents
Clowncore
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Clowncore »

Mod edited to remove eggspam
Sorry about the above. I got the threads mixed up oof :t-sweat:
Last edited by Clowncore on January 21st, 2020, 7:35:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her | agender | aceflux | adult
please help them grow?
i click back <3
HiddenMystic
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by HiddenMystic »

LokiWolfbane wrote:Do I make a Copyable form for character applications the same as egg codes? With the

form
or something else?
I would say so yes - is how people do forms for their stores.
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
LokiWolfbane
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by LokiWolfbane »

HiddenMystic wrote:
LokiWolfbane wrote:Do I make a Copyable form for character applications the same as egg codes? With the

form
or something else?
I would say so yes - is how people do forms for their stores.
Thank you

LTB Huge List
LTS Thread
Gold Mining Welcome
--/25 presents

Return to “Community Discussion”