Report site errors here

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: Report site errors here

Post by Rosehill »

Syndicate wrote: October 16th, 2023, 5:36:43 am A few little quick CSS things.
I don't think this will break anything, but I didn't exactly have an in depth look to make sure :orly:
Aligning Creature Links in Posts
Danafox wrote: September 14th, 2023, 11:25:42 pm I noticed this today for the first time, because ever since the site has been brought back, I only had time to do a quick browse through and haven't really sat down to actually play. But am playing a little bit right now and I noticed this small but kinda icky error.

So when in the click threads, the eggs, hatchlings, adult creatures are not properly lining up like they used to. You know what I mean? The code for all the creatures no matter the stage or size they would all line up in a perfect little line. Now the egg is up here and the creature is down a little in the line, it looks strange and icky lolol. Compared to the years of perfect symmetry from before if this makes sense.

I am viewing this on FireFox version 117.0.1 (64-bit). I will check on other browsers later.
This can be fixed in the styles/magistream/theme/links.css file to add:

display:inline-flex; (or any other method you prefer XD )

to the .postlink style.
Header Image Overflow
Seejey wrote: September 1st, 2023, 1:53:07 pm
And, in desktop view, but still using a mobile, although I can see the whole header
Spoiler

This can be fixed in the styles/magistream/theme/common.css file to add:

overflow:hidden; to the .headerbar style.
Keep Links Underline
Currently when you hover over a link in the keep (mass move links, creature name links, freeze, name, release etc) no underline appears.

This can be fixed in the styles/magistream/theme/common.css file to change:

text-decoration:none; to text-decoration:underline; in the .row-item a:hover style.
Unfortunately phpBB's css system is a bit complex, especially around the header image and anything related to "row-item", and especially on custom pages like the Keep, Inventory, and such. Oh do I wish it would be just as simple as adding these, but it's not. XD They can probably be used as a crutch for now, though, if someone's using an external css manager on the site. ^.^
Official MS Instagram | Official MS Facebook page | Official MS X/Twitter
Image Free Magistream Nursery
Meet Mr. Rufous Scrimgeour -->
Rosehill completely away June 25th - July 7th, intermittently away July 7th - August 11th.
SilentSnake
CreaturesTrade

Post by SilentSnake »

Sophist wrote: October 15th, 2023, 6:58:44 pm Someone may have already reported this issue, but I'm unable to use the "Embed Multiple" option for any tabs other than Main. The eggs/creatures aren't showing and there's nothing there to click.

I'm on a Mac with OS Sonoma and the most recent Firefox. I haven't tried to log in on any other browsers.

I’m having the same issue! I’m using a iPad
ImageImageImageImageImage
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

SilentSnake wrote: October 19th, 2023, 10:29:42 am
Sophist wrote: October 15th, 2023, 6:58:44 pm Someone may have already reported this issue, but I'm unable to use the "Embed Multiple" option for any tabs other than Main. The eggs/creatures aren't showing and there's nothing there to click.

I'm on a Mac with OS Sonoma and the most recent Firefox. I haven't tried to log in on any other browsers.
I’m having the same issue! I’m using a iPad
This is known and was mentioned in the post when Magistream came back online.
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
prettyiggy7
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by prettyiggy7 »

This may have been reported before: but I currently have 3 eggs and every time that I try to breed another one, I get the response that I can't have more than 5 (Five) Eggs Any way to correct this?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thanks for Clicking!
Thank you fellow Magi & Magistream Staff for a Very Special Magiversary!
Have a Joyful & Healthy 2024!
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

prettyiggy7 wrote: October 20th, 2023, 2:10:13 pm This may have been reported before: but I currently have 3 eggs and every time that I try to breed another one, I get the response that I can't have more than 5 (Five) Eggs Any way to correct this?
You currently have 4 unfrozen eggs, all in your Main tab. If you get the message that you can't get more eggs, it's usually best to check your creature statistics page (accessible from the top right corner of your keep, or here: https://magistream.com/stats ) and then sort the table by unfrozen eggs. Then check the species page of all of the species that have unfrozen eggs and see what tab they are in. Sometimes unfrozen eggs are in another tab than the Main one, and can be harder to find because of that.
Official MS Instagram | Official MS Facebook page | Official MS X/Twitter
Image Free Magistream Nursery
Meet Mr. Rufous Scrimgeour -->
Rosehill completely away June 25th - July 7th, intermittently away July 7th - August 11th.
MishaBaby
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Location: In the arms of angels, finding my way back to unconquerable, indomitable hope...

Post by MishaBaby »

Is it normal to get an error message every time you gift someone for the Halloween event? The creatures are sent, but instead of a confirmation page, I see something like this:

♥ [Thank You!] ♥
♥ • ♥
Spoiler

Code: Select all

Nothing here yet....

[ Thank you to all of my gifters! ♥ ]
[ Sporadically active, weee! Mostly here for Hope. ]
[ Buying Solstice Creatures Born 12/25 ]

[ Not doing so well... Miss you guys. =( ]

[My WL v2]
MothballMilkshake
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by MothballMilkshake »

I just had my first 502 error about 2 minutes ago :(
ImageImage My babies thank you
ImageImageImage
Member of the Watershop. Shop price+300, I can get you your creatures! Creatures for sale in my extra and SALE tabs, PM me
Jadeunicorn
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jadeunicorn »

I've been getting wicked lag since this afternoon. This morning everything was nice and smooth, caught eggs quickly. But now I'm likely going to head to bed before I can even fill my egg slots because it's taking a long time for anything to load. I've had at least one Cloudflare error, as well. :t-cry:

Part of me hopes it's people goldmining (even though they aren't supposed to) because if something else is causing the lag and errors after all the updates of the site, I fear for Magistream's longevity. :t-hugme:

I click. You click. We all click!
P.S. I love SnapLinks.

<3 Wish List In My Profile <3

STATUS - 4/23/20: Splat.

ImageImageImageImageImage

LittleDragonfly and LittleGreenGirl are my daughters!
MishaBaby
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Location: In the arms of angels, finding my way back to unconquerable, indomitable hope...

Post by MishaBaby »

I literally cannot give any gifts without getting that SQL Error page. I've given way more than 10 and have not gotten the badge. The lag is also quite bad. I had figured it was because of the event. It took almost a minute for this page to load. Sometimes it's fast, but it's not, it's very slow.

Edit: I was wrong. I just timed it, and it took a minute and a half. :C
Edit Edit: I just tried giving a gift in a different browser. Same error. I'll try doing it without a note and see if that fixes it...

♥ [Thank You!] ♥
♥ • ♥
Spoiler

Code: Select all

Nothing here yet....

[ Thank you to all of my gifters! ♥ ]
[ Sporadically active, weee! Mostly here for Hope. ]
[ Buying Solstice Creatures Born 12/25 ]

[ Not doing so well... Miss you guys. =( ]

[My WL v2]
froglady
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

I got several 502 gateway errors all during the afternoon. Now it took over 2 minutes to log in (again, for the third time today) and another minute and a half to load this post. And it's after midnight Eastern US time on a weeknight. Something is wrong. I wonder if it's shades of goldmining with people using scripts to grab eggs.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.

Return to “Support and Suggestions”