The How Was Your Day Thread V4

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Tekla
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: The How Was Your Day Thread V4

Post by Tekla »

BBkat wrote:
Tekla wrote:I could never really get into literature I HAD to read for class (and as a result I hate much of it now), but To Kill a Mockingbird was good, as was Fahrenheit 451.
Most of the time I hated the books we had to read for class. But occasionally we would end up with ones that I would enjoy. Including both of those two xD

I also took a liking to the Shakespeare we did. Twelfth Night was a hoot and for what ever reason I really like MacBeth and Hamlet. And while we didn't do it, A Midsummer Night's Dream is also another one I like.
Unfortunately I didn't really get to encounter any I really liked besides those two. T_T Except maybe Siddhartha, but that was read to us as a class rather than we read it for class. I like some classics though, I just have to discover them on my own. XD

I enjoyed Shakespeare when the teacher wasn't hellbent on making us read the "no fear" versions. Old english ftw.

ImageImageImage
~
ImageImageImageImageImage
--
"Oh! My feet of fire! My burning feet of fire!"
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

I liked Shakespeare, but that's because all the English teachers I had were firm believers in experiencing him as he was meant to be experienced, which lead to class plays :yarly:

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
GrowlingCupcake
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by GrowlingCupcake »

Literature in Singapore was stupid. We did Roald Dahl's Danny Champion of the World and such watered down, abridged versions of Shakespeare. But then I was surrounded with people who barely spoke coherent English, so what do you expect?

On the other hand, I first read Shakespeare at six xD And I mean the real plays
Working on getting back into things after a forced hiatus.
LTS: Shards at 50k each.
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

*flops onto thread*

Whoa, it's been like, half a year since I've been here. What's up?

Also, I rather liked reading The Stranger. Nihilism for the win, or something like that.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

*classifieds website for where I live*

Oh for... :facepalm:

So I listed the item as "glass mini-bar set" and not "small glass bar table set." Isn't that the same thing? There's a picture. It's not like you don't know what I'm talking about! I'm not going to delete my post and re-upload everything just so you are happy with my description!
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

We actually got to go see MacBeth preformed in the University of Toronto. It was awesome :3 The others we ended up watching a film versions of(after reading the play of course). Not all of them good.
For Romeo and Juliet we got the really dumb 'modern' one with Leonadro Dicaprio. No offence to him, but that movie was ridiculous and for Hamlet we got the Mel Gibson one which was all over the place. Literally, stuff happened all out of order, it was weird. And I don't even think we finished that one. The Twelfth Night film was good though.
Faleep
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Faleep »

/pokes her LTB art thread
/wants to see other people's styles of her characters
creatures for sale in my sale tabs! Pm for prices
Selling Shards! 35k per shard! Pm me for more details
i collect/army SB Ammit hatchlings and SB Potootoes
my wishlist,
faedemon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by faedemon »

I'm happy because I just got a ton of Serpaens for my Serpaen army for free <3

Also, I had a totally wacked out dream last night :C

Here it is:
Spoiler
So, I remember only some parts of it. What I remember is of me at a party of some sort in a garden with tall hedges or hallways. At the end of each was a person, who I remember was part of some sort of order or circle. And I also remember coming to the last person and recognizing him... his name was Loui. And then my memory of the dream skips a huge part and I was driving with Loui in a jeep, and we stopped at the edge of a platform, in a huge warehouse. I remember there was a huge hole at the other end of it, and it wasn't there before I got there. And then people from my side (assuming Loui was the bad guy) drove in and sorta levitated over the hole, and a net trap dropped from the ceiling in the middle of the warehouse and I jumped out of the jeep to avoid it, but instead jumped right under it and rolled away only just in time. That's where my memory of the dream cut off...

in the middle of the big part I couldn't remember, I think I was in a caravan with costumes and a designer in it, and I tried something on XD Random, yep....
Image hey. looking for gender swaps.
GrowlingCupcake
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by GrowlingCupcake »

I think I need to talk to a therapist tomorrow... do a walk-in. Sudden urge to inject myself with all my insulin = not good
Working on getting back into things after a forced hiatus.
LTS: Shards at 50k each.
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

GrowlingCupcake wrote:I think I need to talk to a therapist tomorrow... do a walk-in. Sudden urge to inject myself with all my insulin = not good
D:

*huggles Cupcake*
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:

Return to “Community Discussion”