Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
xmands
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: ~Magistream Roleplay OOC~

Post by xmands »

Haha yeah it's no big deal :) There are always other things for Ariel to do! I like the idea of chimera weaknesses/rune resistance (thanks Kestrad! hehe) - would being able to revert chimeras (changing them back into their original forms) be too OP? ehh probably. strike that. It might be too romantic of an idea and I guess the fact that those creatures are lost causes is less ~*~*~*~* and more realistic haha
avatar: soranker | signature art: lengthy credits in my profile!
I collect: SB Borean Wolves | 1st gen Direcores | SB & 1st gen Serendin
Feel free to PM me with any offers!

Foleo
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Foleo »

xmands wrote:Haha yeah it's no big deal :) There are always other things for Ariel to do! I like the idea of chimera weaknesses/rune resistance (thanks Kestrad! hehe) - would being able to revert chimeras (changing them back into their original forms) be too OP? ehh probably. strike that. It might be too romantic of an idea and I guess the fact that those creatures are lost causes is less ~*~*~*~* and more realistic haha
Hmm...I think that reverting the chimeras is plausible, although it would probably be a very painful process. And probably couldn't be done in battle, but only in the Keep with the proper equipment.

Rune resistance is a good skill, and would make the baddies's secondary attacks not affect you as much. I like the idea of Ariel being bookish--perhaps she studied about theoretical magic even before her own magic surfaced?

keep story

art by @c.kim.ovo

asa (left) created by Iliad. kanoi (right) mine.

formerly Applemint, PhoenixFireDream.
Foleo
CreaturesTrade

Post by Foleo »

Name: Kieran
Alliance: Baddies
Personality: Flamboyant, carefree, inflated ego, thinks he's a lady's man
Magic Type/Area of Study: Shadow Magic
Creatures: None
Other: Has an obsessive crush on Verdandi. Who cares that she's 7 years older than me? I'm not going to hit on Miltiades anytime soon, the flashy bastard, and Lucifer's out of the question--what is he, 200 years old? And no, I'm not a pedophile--so Tsura's not a choice either.

DISCLAIMER: Everything in italics does not necessarily represent the opinions of Applemint Enteprises
Last edited by Foleo on July 24th, 2014, 3:02:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keep story

art by @c.kim.ovo

xmands
CreaturesTrade

Post by xmands »

Applemint wrote:
xmands wrote:Haha yeah it's no big deal :) There are always other things for Ariel to do! I like the idea of chimera weaknesses/rune resistance (thanks Kestrad! hehe) - would being able to revert chimeras (changing them back into their original forms) be too OP? ehh probably. strike that. It might be too romantic of an idea and I guess the fact that those creatures are lost causes is less ~*~*~*~* and more realistic haha
Hmm...I think that reverting the chimeras is plausible, although it would probably be a very painful process. And probably couldn't be done in battle, but only in the Keep with the proper equipment.

Rune resistance is a good skill, and would make the baddies's secondary attacks not affect you as much. I like the idea of Ariel being bookish--perhaps she studied about theoretical magic even before her own magic surfaced?
Maybe those could be her contributions? Given her sort of natural affinity towards healing already plus her love of all creatures it could work, and with rune resistance she won't be completely crippled if it comes to a battle? I had originally imagined her as completely inexperienced/slightly uneducated, besides raw magic/talent, and upon entering the Keep becomes completely entranced and devoted to reading/learning as much as possible?

Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

xmands wrote:
Applemint wrote:

Maybe those could be her contributions? Given her sort of natural affinity towards healing already plus her love of all creatures it could work, and with rune resistance she won't be completely crippled if it comes to a battle? I had originally imagined her as completely inexperienced/slightly uneducated, besides raw magic/talent, and upon entering the Keep becomes completely entranced and devoted to reading/learning as much as possible?
That sounds pretty awesome! :D Badass bookworms are the best :yarly: I think it might help if she actually could revert chimeras without having to go back to the Keep - but the process to revert even just one was super tiring, or painful, or both? idk, feel free to ignore my suggestions.

Also, that form for Kieran is fantastic :lol:
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
xmands
CreaturesTrade

Post by xmands »

Oooh, I like the idea of perhaps reverting chimeras without the Keep and instead making it a time-consuming, energy draining process and maybe some pain involved hehe

(why are the bad guys so likeable nooo T^T hahaha)

Foleo
CreaturesTrade

Post by Foleo »

What if, through her intense studying, Ariel has learned the ancient language in which the runes are written in--thus, she can rewrite them to benefit herself?

:yarly: Mr. Bishie will take over the world.

keep story

art by @c.kim.ovo

xmands
CreaturesTrade

Post by xmands »

Applemint wrote:What if, through her intense studying, Ariel has learned the ancient language in which the runes are written in--thus, she can rewrite them to benefit herself?

:well: :yey: I like this idea, I'm going to go chew on it some more, thank you!!

Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

xmands wrote:
Applemint wrote:What if, through her intense studying, Ariel has learned the ancient language in which the runes are written in--thus, she can rewrite them to benefit herself?

:well: :yey: I like this idea, I'm going to go chew on it some more, thank you!!
And maybe she could discover the resistance by accident, and then be able to study the runes closer because of that resistance, and realize she knows the language. You could even base it off of Chinese, ish, where just adding or removing a radical from a character can change the meaning fairly drastically.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
MageLorelei
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by MageLorelei »

I think we may have broken the Atrium thread. Should we do something about that?
Thank you for all the gifts!
-----
Icon made with the JRPG Stats Profile on Picrew
-----
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
-----
~~Hatchling Tab, open for clicks!~~
-----

Return to “Backstage”