How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by darksouls »

We finally started playing good ol' Dark Souls III after not playing it but meaning to for literally years. Fancy that, a passionate Souls fan who hasn't played III yet. Somehow.

Within an hour of playing just the beginning: One of us had a very emotional reaction to the first 30 seconds of the opening cutscene, Cayden and I nearly cried at an NPC's brief dialogue, and I screamed in genuine terror when a specific, fast enemy jumped out at me.

This is gonna be an absolute disaster in the best way possible. :woo: First boss took me like five attempts, but oh man, very fun already.

- Alex
Currently taking a break to focus on creativity and ourselves. <3

they/them collectively - plural + fictional - 25+
wishlist - art's poetry - free creatures - ltb sept. 22nd creatures
We are plural, posts are signed as needed. (Alex (he/they), Art (he/him), Cayden (he/it))
Alex manages sales, giveaways, Reindeer Games, and most messages.
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

darksouls wrote: June 17th, 2024, 12:31:35 am This is gonna be an absolute disaster in the best way possible.
This one quote summarizes my internal conversations with my OCs so well. And so many other things.

Can I toss it into my quote list on another site?
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

Been a hot minute since I was on here, but holy hell my life is a complete dumpster fire right now.

Vietnam's immigration system has effed Hubs and I up ROYALLY by getting so freaking behind they didn't process our exit visas on time. That means we had to reschedule TWO SEPARATE FLIGHTS at our own expense.... so now I'm out around $500 and we're just in limbo waiting for them to say when the visa is done. Mind you this is after we had to pay over $1000 for all the visas and stuff anyway. I am so done with this country.

Our apartment rental expires on Monday, so I will be scrambling to find a hotel or something if we don't have the visa by Friday.
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by darksouls »

EstherGamer wrote: June 17th, 2024, 3:12:19 am This one quote summarizes my internal conversations with my OCs so well. And so many other things.

Can I toss it into my quote list on another site?
Absolutely! XD :D
Currently taking a break to focus on creativity and ourselves. <3

they/them collectively - plural + fictional - 25+
wishlist - art's poetry - free creatures - ltb sept. 22nd creatures
We are plural, posts are signed as needed. (Alex (he/they), Art (he/him), Cayden (he/it))
Alex manages sales, giveaways, Reindeer Games, and most messages.
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

Wow scammers are desperate. I had one call just a few minutes ago. I didn't recognize the number, but decided to answer any way. Said hello twice, nothing. Decided to give one more chance and said hello again (can you tell I work in a call center where we have to meet certain standards before we can hang up on non-responsive callers?). Person on the other end says "Ms. Huggins?"

:t--.-: Cue BS meter...I haven't used my maiden name for 21 years since I married my first husband.

Me: May I ask who's calling?
Scammer: This is Humberto.
Me: May I ask what you are calling about?
Scammer: Your property on Xxxx Road

:t--.-: BS meter climbs higher...I don't own property on Xxxx Road; my mother does

Me: And?
Scammer: Would you be willing to entertain an offer on the property?
Me: No.
Scammer: Okay
Me: :t--.-: BS meter hits max *hangs up*

Immediately called my mom to give her a heads up about it. The phone number the scammer called has never been associated with that property at all. I got it after I moved out and after I got divorced from my first husband and I didn't go back to my maiden name when I divorced him (to make school paperwork easier)
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
Eden
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Eden »

Stood in line at the bank for nearly an hour, sacrificed my soul for half a rotisserie chicken while ducking through aisles hiding from estranged family at the grocery, and a cat fell through my ceiling and into the kitchen, breaking one of the ceiling tiles on the way down (she's fine!), so all in all I think I need a LOT of sleep :roll:
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

pegasi1978 wrote: June 17th, 2024, 5:11:00 pm Wow scammers are desperate. I had one call just a few minutes ago. I didn't recognize the number, but decided to answer any way. Said hello twice, nothing. Decided to give one more chance and said hello again (can you tell I work in a call center where we have to meet certain standards before we can hang up on non-responsive callers?). Person on the other end says "Ms. Huggins?"
Spoiler
:t--.-: Cue BS meter...I haven't used my maiden name for 21 years since I married my first husband.

Me: May I ask who's calling?
Scammer: This is Humberto.
Me: May I ask what you are calling about?
Scammer: Your property on Xxxx Road

:t--.-: BS meter climbs higher...I don't own property on Xxxx Road; my mother does

Me: And?
Scammer: Would you be willing to entertain an offer on the property?
Me: No.
Scammer: Okay
Me: :t--.-: BS meter hits max *hangs up*
Immediately called my mom to give her a heads up about it. The phone number the scammer called has never been associated with that property at all. I got it after I moved out and after I got divorced from my first husband and I didn't go back to my maiden name when I divorced him (to make school paperwork easier)
(Spoilered just to make my post shorter)

Yeah, I get stuff like that sometimes. But the ones that really burn me are the ones who have the audacity to show up at your damn door. I've had 2 like that. And maybe they're not technically scammers... but it seems that way. A few years ago at my townhouse, couple of guys in yellow official-looking work polos come up, go, "We're with [local water company] and we've been getting a lot of calls/reports of fraudulent consumption, we really need you to get your bill for us so we can compare it today to see the jump increase." Like, really, right at my door?

Another one was just at this house I just bought. Been here... two months? Lady comes up, is actually official, I googled the company, but goes, "I'm with [X] and we're new and canvassing the neighborhood for new clients. Go get your electric bill and let me compare the rates." Like, legitimately, she didn't even ask she TOLD me to go get it. Told her straight up I'm not letting her see shit. She leaves. Two days later, I get a notice on my door that says, "Welcome to [X], Your New Account!" Made me think somehow I'd been signed up without like my credit card # or whatever. I went to the company's website, left a review, basically wrote, "I didn't agree to anything with you, and if I find myself being charged, I will be taking you to court."

Thankfully, that apparently was just how they word their stupid come-on offer, because nothing ever came of it. Never got another notice or door-to-door with them either, lol.

Soleil wrote: June 17th, 2024, 10:26:13 am Been a hot minute since I was on here, but holy hell my life is a complete dumpster fire right now.

Vietnam's immigration system has effed Hubs and I up ROYALLY by getting so freaking behind they didn't process our exit visas on time. That means we had to reschedule TWO SEPARATE FLIGHTS at our own expense.... so now I'm out around $500 and we're just in limbo waiting for them to say when the visa is done. Mind you this is after we had to pay over $1000 for all the visas and stuff anyway. I am so done with this country.

Our apartment rental expires on Monday, so I will be scrambling to find a hotel or something if we don't have the visa by Friday.
Oh, I'd be sooo mad. Not much you can do with any government, they'll basically just tell to shut up and f off. But that's obscene. I really hope it works out for you.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon:
ImageImage
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

Guess I was just legally required to be creative today. My glitter lamp fell just now but it didn't take too much damage, so after a brief bit of sadness I went "Actually I can fix this with some tape". Went to get transparent tape (my own roll is not transparent so it's better for other things like patching up my DS lite), wrapped a bunch around the lamp where it was cracked from the fall, filled it back up with some water, then taped the top shut again.
It still works, too, though a lot of the glitter was lost as well and I should still think of getting a new one (Or, knowing me, I'd rather make one myself if possible) just in case.
but *sigh* I just wanted to chill out and play Pokemon all day, not fix a glitter lamp...
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
TohkritXhaln
CreaturesTrade

Post by TohkritXhaln »

Trying selling because I need gold for quests so expensive ! D:
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by audrei9 »

You must wait 30 days before you can attune to an element again.

You can attune to an element again in 5 days, 5 hours, 50 minutes, 55 seconds.

Wow! I can't believe I caught the message at such a highly specific time! i feel like it means something but I'm not sure what...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

LTB any and all holyhounds and deadwood deer! No inbreds please!
THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who sent me gifts!

Return to “Community Discussion”