How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Danafox »

pegasi1978 wrote: May 29th, 2024, 9:22:57 pm :t-O_O:
Spoiler
My husband and I got a call this afternoon about a friend of ours from college. Apparently she was hit by a car and killed Friday morning in the NOLA area. She would have been 42 in November. We hadn't seen her in almost 10 years. She'd had problems drugs, money, mental (schizophrenia & bipolar) that we had to distance ourselves from. It took the police until today to identify her and track down her family to notify them. We'd been expecting a call like this some day, but it still has us stunned.
Spoiler
Oh geez that's so awful, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your friend. And from the little that you said, if she had serious issues, it's understandable that you distanced yourselves, you needed to protect yourselves because that stuff is hard and life is hard enough. But sincerely my condolences, may she RIP.
pegasi1978 wrote: May 30th, 2024, 6:58:40 pm FFS! To quote my oldest "what deity did we piss off?"

My husband broke down on the way back from dropping things off at our storage unit. Turns out he had a tire separate on him. To add insult to injury, I broke down less than five miles from where he is.

We got a new tire on the one car, but had to leave the other car because the shop was closing. What were the odds of having to use the towing portion of our insurance twice in one day, when we haven't needed it for 8 years?
Oh man, reminds me of the time I had my car get two flat tires in the same month...and same I had not needed to use the towing portion of my insurance for many, many years and then suddenly after I move for the first time in my life, that's when I've had to use it. I've used it at least 3-4 times maybe 5 times by now, all due to car related mishaps/flat tires and one time recently we had a piece of rock debris fly n hit our freakin windshield while driving on the highway and had to get it fully replaced...first time in my life that ever happens. It's weird being 45 yrs old and having new experiences still so I don't feel my age, until my body aches then I'm reminded.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by darksouls »

Today was fantastic, we got sushi with mum for her birthday, and found this at the thrift store.
Spoiler
Currently taking a break to focus on creativity and ourselves. <3

they/them collectively - plural + fictional - 25+
wishlist - art's poetry - free creatures - ltb sept. 22nd creatures
We are plural, posts are signed as needed. (Alex (he/they), Art (he/him), Cayden (he/it))
Alex manages sales, giveaways, Reindeer Games, and most messages.
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Revan wrote: May 30th, 2024, 4:23:43 pm FFS. I got to look into a new vehicle insurance company because Geico has priced us out of theirs. One minor speeding ticket in my mother's clean 45-year driving record = $400 increase. Adding me to the policy. Another $750 increase. Total per year for two vehicles and two drivers = $4092. And that's with a high deductible. I find this obscene.
If you're on the east coast, Erie has some very reasonably priced car insurance :orly: I switched to them because they bundled it with home insurance, but even without they were cheaper than Geico. (Geico, upon me calling them to say I was switching, went "aaaaah don't leave us, you have a discount for being with us for 10 years!" but they are definitely kinda expensive even so, and very unforgiving.) I haven't had occasion to use the car insurance part, but when my house sustained major water damage last year, Erie was extremely chill about covering all of it and also didn't seem to raise our premium (at least, not more than the amount that everyone else around us who didn't have a huge claim was experiencing too).
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

Kestrad wrote: May 30th, 2024, 8:44:08 pm
Revan wrote: May 30th, 2024, 4:23:43 pm FFS. I got to look into a new vehicle insurance company because Geico has priced us out of theirs. One minor speeding ticket in my mother's clean 45-year driving record = $400 increase. Adding me to the policy. Another $750 increase. Total per year for two vehicles and two drivers = $4092. And that's with a high deductible. I find this obscene.
If you're on the east coast, Erie has some very reasonably priced car insurance :orly: I switched to them because they bundled it with home insurance, but even without they were cheaper than Geico. (Geico, upon me calling them to say I was switching, went "aaaaah don't leave us, you have a discount for being with us for 10 years!" but they are definitely kinda expensive even so, and very unforgiving.) I haven't had occasion to use the car insurance part, but when my house sustained major water damage last year, Erie was extremely chill about covering all of it and also didn't seem to raise our premium (at least, not more than the amount that everyone else around us who didn't have a huge claim was experiencing too).
Sadly no, I am in California. T_T Pretty sure Cali has a lot to do with it actually with all their darn taxes for everything because the other companies gave really high quotes as well. One was $700 a MONTH! D: Since insurance is a requirement, I think government really needs to start stepping in. I can see now why many opt to go uninsured even with it being illegal. Like, who can afford it at those prices? :derp:

I managed to get it lowered, but it's not full coverage anymore. Oh well. Some insurance is better than none at all.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

If forgetting potentially important things was a sport I'd be world champion, I swear (or at least national champion)...
I forgot my gaming mouse, which is the only mouse I have with a comfortable size, so I'm stuck using an old and tiny mouse for the weekend. I could've sworn I put that thing in my bag, too!
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

T_T
Spoiler
It's my dad's birthday today. I miss him.

I went out to have a nice breakfast and try not to think about the loss. I think I managed well. It think I am just thinking about him more now as I am home and have some free time.
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImageImage
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by darksouls »

Rainwater wrote: May 31st, 2024, 12:27:15 pm T_T
Spoiler
It's my dad's birthday today. I miss him.

I went out to have a nice breakfast and try not to think about the loss. I think I managed well. It think I am just thinking about him more now as I am home and have some free time.
I'm sorry. We understand how it feels and it's so, so difficult. Sending good vibes and well wishes. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you'd like. <3

We are plural, posts are signed as needed. (Alex (he/they), Art (he/him), Cayden (he/it))
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

Danafox wrote: May 30th, 2024, 7:20:46 pm
pegasi1978 wrote: May 29th, 2024, 9:22:57 pm :t-O_O:
Spoiler
My husband and I got a call this afternoon about a friend of ours from college. Apparently she was hit by a car and killed Friday morning in the NOLA area. She would have been 42 in November. We hadn't seen her in almost 10 years. She'd had problems drugs, money, mental (schizophrenia & bipolar) that we had to distance ourselves from. It took the police until today to identify her and track down her family to notify them. We'd been expecting a call like this some day, but it still has us stunned.
Spoiler
Oh geez that's so awful, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your friend. And from the little that you said, if she had serious issues, it's understandable that you distanced yourselves, you needed to protect yourselves because that stuff is hard and life is hard enough. But sincerely my condolences, may she RIP.
Thank you. We're waiting on details for the memorial service. Hopefully we'll be able to make it.
Danafox wrote: May 30th, 2024, 7:20:46 pm
pegasi1978 wrote: May 30th, 2024, 6:58:40 pm FFS! To quote my oldest "what deity did we piss off?"

My husband broke down on the way back from dropping things off at our storage unit. Turns out he had a tire separate on him. To add insult to injury, I broke down less than five miles from where he is.

We got a new tire on the one car, but had to leave the other car because the shop was closing. What were the odds of having to use the towing portion of our insurance twice in one day, when we haven't needed it for 8 years?
Oh man, reminds me of the time I had my car get two flat tires in the same month...and same I had not needed to use the towing portion of my insurance for many, many years and then suddenly after I move for the first time in my life, that's when I've had to use it. I've used it at least 3-4 times maybe 5 times by now, all due to car related mishaps/flat tires and one time recently we had a piece of rock debris fly n hit our freakin windshield while driving on the highway and had to get it fully replaced...first time in my life that ever happens. It's weird being 45 yrs old and having new experiences still so I don't feel my age, until my body aches then I'm reminded.
We just got word on the car I was driving yesterday ... the timing belt skipped and the engine is toast. They are going to give us prices tomorrow for possibly replacing the engine. We'll figure out what we're going to do once we know what that looks like.
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
midnightem
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by midnightem »

Spoiler
whelp- This means I will be officailly saying my goodbyes to the communtiy and hope everyone has a blessed future! I've always enjoyed checking for new releases or event critters, and I hope there are many more releases for the community. Good luck everyone and thanks for the many birthday wishes last month!

When you finally get a prognosis... and are told you only have three months left and to make the most of it.. How does one even process something like this? One minute I was excited to get married in two months and get a puppy, now I won't even likely hit those milestones. Dunno other than it is severely depressing knowing I won't grow old or anything with my future husband. I'm so lost... how does one even get cancer before 30...

"Wishing you success on your new adventure!"

darksouls
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by darksouls »

midnightem wrote: June 1st, 2024, 10:09:33 pm
Spoiler
whelp- This means I will be officailly saying my goodbyes to the communtiy and hope everyone has a blessed future! I've always enjoyed checking for new releases or event critters, and I hope there are many more releases for the community. Good luck everyone and thanks for the many birthday wishes last month!

When you finally get a prognosis... and are told you only have three months left and to make the most of it.. How does one even process something like this? One minute I was excited to get married in two months and get a puppy, now I won't even likely hit those milestones. Dunno other than it is severely depressing knowing I won't grow old or anything with my future husband. I'm so lost... how does one even get cancer before 30...
Oh my goodness. From the bottom of all of our hearts, we are so, so very sorry to hear this. We don't even know what to say that would truly be adequate. Just. We're so sorry, and we wish you and your loved ones strength and kinder, gentler times. <3

Return to “Community Discussion”