How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by SirChicken »

Holy crap, June is going to be such a busy month. Might push some appointments back to later in July/August >.<
Please help my babies grow C:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Real
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Real »

Don't you just love it when your friends ask for favors, you do everything in your power to help them and then they just go "nah, I don't need it anymore"
I know I should be happy for my friend, she has a big chance of getting a cabin crew job. But she asked me to help her find a job, I did, papers are almost being signed and then this happens. I understand it's a job you don't just refuse, but it's not like it fell out of the sky. She knew she was going to try for it. So why get me in the mess that'll most likely be created. I told her I'm not going to cover for her when she'll refuse to sign the papers for the thing I found her. It's her responsability.
I'm trying to see things from her perspective but I can't help but feel sour about all of it.
by Saebra
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by audrei9 »

Real wrote: May 29th, 2024, 5:03:26 am Don't you just love it when your friends ask for favors, you do everything in your power to help them and then they just go "nah, I don't need it anymore"
I know I should be happy for my friend, she has a big chance of getting a cabin crew job. But she asked me to help her find a job, I did, papers are almost being signed and then this happens. I understand it's a job you don't just refuse, but it's not like it fell out of the sky. She knew she was going to try for it. So why get me in the mess that'll most likely be created. I told her I'm not going to cover for her when she'll refuse to sign the papers for the thing I found her. It's her responsability.
I'm trying to see things from her perspective but I can't help but feel sour about all of it.
Big hugs to you, I know how that feels. I had a friend who would enthusiastically accept many group projects I offered them, and the totally forget they exist and then have zero input into it. It makes you feel like none of your efforts mattered and you don't exist, doesn't it?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

LTB any and all holyhounds and deadwood deer! No inbreds please!
THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who sent me gifts!
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

This week has been horrible so far, so I've had no energy to do basically anything but play Pixelmon all day.
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

I think I've officially broken one of the tabs in my keep... she refuses to load :wat:
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by darksouls »

New username time. :woo:
Currently taking a break to focus on creativity and ourselves. <3

they/them collectively - plural + fictional - 25+
wishlist - art's poetry - free creatures - ltb sept. 22nd creatures
We are plural, posts are signed as needed. (Alex (he/they), Art (he/him), Cayden (he/it))
Alex manages sales, giveaways, Reindeer Games, and most messages.
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

:t-O_O:
Spoiler
My husband and I got a call this afternoon about a friend of ours from college. Apparently she was hit by a car and killed Friday morning in the NOLA area. She would have been 42 in November. We hadn't seen her in almost 10 years. She'd had problems drugs, money, mental (schizophrenia & bipolar) that we had to distance ourselves from. It took the police until today to identify her and track down her family to notify them. We'd been expecting a call like this some day, but it still has us stunned.
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

FFS. I got to look into a new vehicle insurance company because Geico has priced us out of theirs. One minor speeding ticket in my mother's clean 45-year driving record = $400 increase. Adding me to the policy. Another $750 increase. Total per year for two vehicles and two drivers = $4092. And that's with a high deductible. I find this obscene.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

FFS! To quote my oldest "what deity did we piss off?"

My husband broke down on the way back from dropping things off at our storage unit. Turns out he had a tire separate on him. To add insult to injury, I broke down less than five miles from where he is.

We got a new tire on the one car, but had to leave the other car because the shop was closing. What were the odds of having to use the towing portion of our insurance twice in one day, when we haven't needed it for 8 years?
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

Real wrote: May 29th, 2024, 5:03:26 am Don't you just love it when your friends ask for favors, you do everything in your power to help them and then they just go "nah, I don't need it anymore"
Your friend is ungrateful. I'd love to have friends right now who'd help me get a good remote job. I swear I'd cry if the job just instantly hires me and starts training me right away. :t-corner: sighs.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3

Return to “Community Discussion”