White Elk and Reindeer Gifters Guild Headquarters

The place to converse with other members of a guild or club.
Liobit
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: White Elk Gifters Guild

Post by Liobit »

Ah, egg finally hatched into a chained male! I named him Chance. <3

I'm okay with lending Chance to other people for breedings for now, but eventually I think I'd like to get myself a female so I can breed little elklings on my own for the project.

I'm also interested to know the collared vs. chained breeding thing would work. It says in the description of these creatures that collards come from collareds and chains come from chains, but will it be like with every other mixed breed where there's a chance of the hatchling being either collared or chained?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
LTB: Light Unicorn
:ARMIES:. 16 Rocs || 22 Chupacs
Sillva
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sillva »

Great, so then I'd like to join please.
.Image.
.oO Image Oo. Never mind the dog.. ImageImage.ImageImage
Carthasis
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Carthasis »

So as far as I understand this guild only helps finding partners who agree to gift any eggs that were produced, right? Or is it allowed to use this thread to find a breeding partner regardless of what we decide to do with the offspring?
Taliesen
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Taliesen »

I have a female elk I can add to the breeding list. She's a chain female (not an adult yet-but she should be later today). Here's her code:

Code: Select all

[url=http://magistream.com/creature/1659102][img]http://magistream.com/img/1659102.gif[/img][/url]
I'm not totally clear on all the details here on how we decide whose what is breeding with whose-but PLEASE count me in on this. I will be happy to lend her out for breeding and/or to borrow a male to breed with her. And I agree-I think at a minimum that the Elks from the "gifted Christmas lineage" if you will should be freely given away. We got them as gifts-we should return the joy of that. (Yes, I know-but even if we end up with eggs available for new ones in a shop-THESE are still special-Christmas day birthdays and parentless and gifted-I was SO stunned to get mine-couldn't believe it. :D )

A thought on an earlier question. I sort of favor this being permanent-because anything we breed will be 1st gens out of gifted elk parents that both have December 25 birthdays-to me, that's special. And I think if I understand the rules correctly-a permanent give away thread for that would probably go in shops, wouldn't it? Isn't the MD proper for short time sales and things, while Shops is for something more permanent?

And I very much like the idea of allowing members to request after a couple of breedings. I've been really hoping to get 3 first gens from the gifted lines to have a full set but the prices right now are a little high for my taste.

Anyway-so I would appreciate being added to the list of breeders here.

Thanks! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seleya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Seleya »

Boy, this thread is moving fast!
Congrats Liobit . Yes, finding a mate for our elks will be an option too :-).

Sillva, I'll add you to the list ASAP :-).

Carthasis, essentially yes, breedings with other guild members' elks will be for gifting.

Taliesen, adding you as well, glad you're on board. on thread vs. shop that's how I understood it too, I've sent a PM to Faeryl to have a Mod's word on our plans, just to be sure.
And me too! When I got the Elk's egg I almost fell from my chair. :-)
Sillva
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sillva »

Maybe it would be good if something is addet that people could just leave the guild after 10 successful breedings?

Code: Select all

http://magistream.com/embed/1658865
btw this is my elk, the same as in my signature.
.Image.
Seleya
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Seleya »

Membership is totally voluntary, what if 'members who haven't requested an elk can leave at will, members that have been granted one or more by the guild can leave after 2 successful breedings since their last fulfilled request'?
JennyFleckenfell
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by JennyFleckenfell »

Hy,

i want to join in this group...my english is not so good. I hope I understand everything correctly.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Seleya
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Seleya »

Welcome!
What is your native language? Maybe some of us can help.
Sillva
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sillva »

JennyFleckenfell wrote:Hy,

i want to join in this group...my english is not so good. I hope I understand everything correctly.
I'll help .. :D
Seleya wrote:Membership is totally voluntary, what if 'members who haven't requested an elk can leave at will, members that have been granted one or more by the guild can leave after 2 successful breedings since their last fulfilled request'?
Sounds good. Just thought that there are enough to gift for others. ^^ I had nothing bad in my mind.
.Image.

Return to “Guilds Quarter”