Crafting and Hobbies

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

StarPainter
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Re: Crafting and Hobbies

Post by StarPainter »

Pencil collection, hm? Not really for it. I'm on low budget in my family right now, so I have a few assorted pencils I have lying around everywhere, mostly No. 2 pencils. But, I love to draw as well, and crafting is my GAME! I didn't say I was good at playing the game, though. I am decent, not to toot my own horn, but I think I am a decent craftsWOman. I recently made a silver and green butterfly out of candy wrappers, and I once made a model of my own island from modeling clay. :D

So, hug to all, and I'll glue you to my elbow with Mabel's Glue Gun!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
25/25 gifts, Thank you!
It makes me very happy that within the second day of gifting, I had 10 gifts! I love you guys so much! <3
HUGS FOR ALL! :t-swoon:
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

I found these when unpacking the Christmas ornaments this year. Two of them were done in 1992, the other in 1990. The angel has been sent to Switzerland as part of an ornament swap of a group I belong to on deviant art.
Spoiler
This Christmyth Fairy went along with the angel. I made it this year, first time I've finished something since I got married two years ago and gotten to use my new initials.
Spoiler
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
sorakaji
CreaturesTrade

Post by sorakaji »

Cool!

A friend and I did a craft fair again this year, and we both actually made money this time. Usually the cost of the table space kind of eats up the money, so we had some great ideas for making grab bags and stuff to pay for the table space with so we could actually profit off of whatever else we sold. It was pretty awesome. My friend sold a looooooot of ornaments she made. I was pretty surprised. She very nearly sold out of them.
DSCFate
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by DSCFate »

I am a cosplayer... But I can't sew for my life.
However, I enjoy making props :D Weapons, parts of armor, jewlery-like. However, money it's kinda tight in this season, so my projects are on hold until my wallet recovers ><
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

DSCFate wrote:I am a cosplayer... But I can't sew for my life.
However, I enjoy making props :D Weapons, parts of armor, jewlery-like. However, money it's kinda tight in this season, so my projects are on hold until my wallet recovers ><
How funny! I can sew, but my props are shitty :lol: I try, that's for sure. I'm learning to work with EVA foam and Worbla right now.
SpectrumWings
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by SpectrumWings »

Some girls in my class have been knitting scarves for people, but I can't knit for my life so...

I enjoy drawing with " Artist Pens" ( Pens that have a brush for the tip) and making things out of clay. :lol:
I wish A could wrap gifts better though... I swear I absolutely abuse the wrapping paper.
sorakaji
CreaturesTrade

Post by sorakaji »

I just saw someone on Etsy selling a bunch of gears. I'm going to buy some to decorate things with, and I'm pretty excited. I'm thinking of making jewelry with some of them, putting some on goggles to make them more steampunky, and whatever else makes sense.
Have any of you guys made steampunk stuff?
TxCat
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by TxCat »

sorakaji wrote: Have any of you guys made steampunk stuff?
I have, on occasion, worked with Steampunk themed jewelry but my style deals more with the Victorian influences. I like making chokers with red, black, and white gem drops; I also use a lot of copper, brass, and industrial components. Check out the Industrial Chic line in hobby stores; scrapbooking supplies are a treasure trove as well. My favorite pieces have octopus, compass or watch parts, or sparrows and keys. No pictures right now; I might dig some out and take pics later.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. Harlan Ellison

DC: ImageImageImageImageImageImage Nyoka: ImageImageImage Flowergame: ImageImage
Cashmere
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cashmere »

I like making jewelry and pendant/charm type things out of polymer clay. Right now im waiting on an order of tiny glass jars that i plan on filling with resin and making themed "potions" for necklaces and such. I also make clay figurines.
~lots of creatures need good homes in my Sale/Trade tab!!~
Cashmere
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cashmere »

I like making jewelry and pendant/charm type things out of polymer clay. Right now im waiting on an order of tiny glass jars that i plan on filling with resin and making themed "potions" for necklaces and such. I also make clay figurines.
~lots of creatures need good homes in my Sale/Trade tab!!~

Return to “Hall of Speakers”