How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Merkwerkee »

Tyriagris wrote:
Merkwerkee wrote:I can try helping if you like?
If it's C++, C#, Java, Javascript, PHP, HTML, CSS, VB.NET, VBSCRIPT, or SQL, that is
Oh, it's Java on Mondays and Javascript on Fridays and I'm about ready to throw either my computer or my professor out the window - whichever I get my hands on first.

All I understood from our class today is something about arrays and I-don't-even-know-what-it's-called-in-English (probably inheritance? Maybe??) and that we're supposed to program one of those moving puzzles where one tile is missing and you have to get them in the right order by Monday and :t-bipolar: :t-cry:
Is this the kind of puzzle you're talking about? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/15_puzzle

As far as arrays go, they're containers holding elements within them. The more dimensions they have the harder they are to keep track of, but basically it's the programming equivalent of an excel sheet. Handy for keeping things in order.

Inheritance is basically passing from parent to child. The child gets all the functions and members of the parent class, and may add more of its own or change (overload) the functions of the parent. Like a parent class rectangle may hand down the members length and width to child class square

If that makes anything less clear

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
Arrias
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Arrias »

Does anyone run into problems using twitter to hatch eggs? My account keeps getting suspended and all I post on there is my MS stuff and I only follow MS people so I'm not spamming anyone. It's really frustrating during events like this.... :sweat:
Follow me on Twitter, I do follow backs. https://twitter.com/Arriasms
ImageImageImageImageImage
sarahjazz
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sarahjazz »

Arrias wrote:Does anyone run into problems using twitter to hatch eggs? My account keeps getting suspended and all I post on there is my MS stuff and I only follow MS people so I'm not spamming anyone. It's really frustrating during events like this.... :sweat:
I had this problem too. I believe there's a posting cap on twitter; twitter doesn't like it when we post repeatedly in a short amount of time and they will claim it as a type spam. My advice is during events just post 1 or 2 each batch or the critters that take a while to hatch. Everyone is clicking stuff on events anyways so they hatch pretty quickly. ^.^ Hope this helps!

I've been memorising the periodic table via the Asap Science song. Know those times when a song just gets stuck in your head? For once it's actually helpful. I'm lEaRnInG.... :splat:
<3 xoxo-comel! <3
ImageImage
Image-Free Mine here in profile for gold-miners!
LTT 2 GB Sintervos hatchies for 2 GB Krampen (1 hatchie + 1 adult) PM if interested!
HobbitFeet
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by HobbitFeet »

Man, people are getting real bold with requests

All the shade
My Pokefarm!
Join me on Xanje!
Wishlist

☆·•●☽~Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?~☾●•·☆
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Arrias wrote:Does anyone run into problems using twitter to hatch eggs? My account keeps getting suspended and all I post on there is my MS stuff and I only follow MS people so I'm not spamming anyone. It's really frustrating during events like this.... :sweat:
I've had it happen before when I posted a lot of stuff in a short amount of time. It's cause it thinks it's bot activity.
It's not generally that difficult to get your account unsuspended tho, you just confirm that no it's you and not a bot and they send you a reactivation code (iirc)
jmilana
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by jmilana »

How many eggs do I have? It keeps telling me I can't have more than 7 eggs, but I only see 6.
Last edited by jmilana on October 28th, 2019, 9:20:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MistyoC
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by MistyoC »

jmilana wrote:How many eggs do I have? It keeps telling me I can't have more than 7 eggs, but I only see 5.
You have an unfrozen Forest REkantum in your for Belmos tab
Feel free to click my entire keep. Anything I don't want to grow is protected.

Dream of Whirled Peas
HiddenMystic
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by HiddenMystic »

:t-ninja: :t-ninja:
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
jmilana
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by jmilana »

Thanks, guys! It didn't show up with the other 6 eggs when I clicked them. How did you guys find it? :orly:
HiddenMystic
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by HiddenMystic »

sarahjazz wrote:
I had this problem too. I believe there's a posting cap on twitter; twitter doesn't like it when we post repeatedly in a short amount of time and they will claim it as a type spam.
Best I remember there is an 150 tweets per hour limit - I've hit that a few times in the past but even that didn't get me suspended. Just told me I'd hit my tweet limit for that hour and needed to wait for a bit. When I went back a little later everything was back to normal.
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Community Discussion”