Wiccan Witch Coven

The place to converse with other members of a guild or club.

Wiccanism, and your belief? Are you... and I believe... Please select two top and bottom

A Wiccan
28%
Close but not quite(not a wiccan but does the stuff)
11%
Not a wiccan.
20%
DO NOT CHOOSE THIS (FOR SPACING)
7%
I believe wiccanism is A great thing to do,
28%
' ' a thing that i don't really care about either way
4%
' ' is crap! Get away from me!
2%

Total votes: 46

MightyOak
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Wiccan Witch Coven

Post by MightyOak »

Getting be alright. I'm starting to think about the Solstice which is just around the corner. Anyone have any plans?
ImageImageImageImage
-I'm always looking for french named lineages.
-I have a few donation creatures thanks to the generosity of others. If anyone would like to borrow one or more to breed for themselves, please contact me. It's free. Image
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

MightyOak wrote:If you decide to do that, just make sure you take the knot out, first. :t-^_^:

Which reminds me...I need to find my box of coloured string. I have a session of knot magic in a couple weeks and I volunteered the supplies. I'm still not fully unpacked from moving, but I have a pretty good idea where that box is. I need to make sure I've got all the colours I need, too. If I'm short something I need time to go out and buy some more.
Do you use anything in particular for your knot magic? I've only ever been pulled to do knot magic a few times myself...ended using dmc floss and the pieces looked like friendship bracelets. I went with my gut instinct on what colors were needed in each one....for example when my friend's wife went into preterm labor I felt the pull to make two bracelets, one for each of them, using their wedding colors (a rosy pink and a grassy green) plus a third color (white).
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
MightyOak
CreaturesTrade

Post by MightyOak »

I buy embroidery thread. It's often the what's used in making friendship bracelets. It's super cheap and goes a long way. I generally use three colours and then braid them together. If I only want one colour, I'll use three slightly different shades of that one colour. Each colour can mean many things. It helps to have a colour guide to give ideas, but if you know your intent, that's what matters to me above what has been "decided" certain colours mean. I can see how those three colours could have been helpful for your friend, though. Green in particular is a great healing colour.
ImageImageImageImage
-I have a few donation creatures thanks to the generosity of others. If anyone would like to borrow one or more to breed for themselves, please contact me. It's free. Image
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

I've never met anyone else who does knot magic, so it is nice to see someone else reference it. The few times when I've been "called" to do it, I usually pick embroidery floss in the color that I most associate with the person (had someone tell me that the colors that I picked tended to be the predominant color of the person's aura) and then pick the other colors based on what it's for.

I've only had one time where I felt called to do something and I couldn't...the night my father died. While my husband and I were driving to the hospital I had the sudden urge to work on something...I think it was around the time that they were taking him from the hospital room back down to the cardiac icu.
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
MightyOak
CreaturesTrade

Post by MightyOak »

It's true that I don't run into a lot of people who work knot magic, though I've never though of it! On the rare occasions that I've heard other people discuss it's more of a happen stance. Talking about someone else tying knots through their laces while expressing a desire to see more of them and then leaving. Not as a deliberate binding act, but the person who's laces those were ran the person down and asked them to undo the knots. I think in genera knots are a kind of binding magic and people stay away from such things. The only other occasion I can think of someone using knot magic was with course string and tying a set number of knots along the length to bind the winds of a storm. Of course that means the winds need to be unbound again and that just seems like a delaying tactic to me. So it's interesting that you said you use coloured string for yours, as I do. Although I've never had the urge to make them for other people. I make them for me and burn them when I'm done.
ImageImageImageImage
TxCat
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TxCat »

Knot magic is an integral part of most of my spells. I just love the color enhancements and pretty patterns made by the thread if you knot it right. I use embroidery thread too or sometimes ribbon and yarn.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. Harlan Ellison

DC: ImageImageImageImageImageImage Nyoka: ImageImageImage Flowergame: ImageImage
MightyOak
CreaturesTrade

Post by MightyOak »

Yarn, huh? That could be interesting. Hadn't considered that. Ribbon is a great idea and I can think of ways to use that around the house! I bet it could really pretty. :t-^_^:
ImageImageImageImage
GealachBuile
CreaturesTrade

Post by GealachBuile »

I generally use the same wool I use to knit as to make knots... But I'll admit to not doing it often. I'm afraid I lack the ability to tie knots in under 20 minutes. But I do try to incorperate knitting and embroidery as much as I can. It nice to have something I've worked on, and aesthetics are usually okay.

In other news, I have 2 months left today of my year and a day... I hate to blubber, but it's been such a journey... And I can't believe it's almost over. That said, two months is fairly long.
EmLenore
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by EmLenore »

What exactly is knot magic? Do you have to have a specific type of thread? Do you need to verbally say a spell or is it internalized?
Hello, I am in my second year of college and am very busy.
I am also an avid roleplayer and have got myself caught up in several rps on three different sites. Not too mention I'm trying to create a guild on Gaia and run a roleplay on here. If I don't RP fast enough, I'm sorry, I have my reasons.
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

For me I use embroidery thread (like these). I pick colors based on different things, and then typically make something akin to a friendship bracelet, all the while internalizing the desired (positive!) outcome. When it is finished I give it to the recipient and ask they keep it until it wears out...or it's duty is finished. If they were returned to me, I burned them for they had fulfilled their purpose.

Return to “Guilds Quarter”