Megalith All in the Family Challenge! Winners Announced!

This is the place for threads dedicated to families and lineages

Moderator: Sochitelya

Forum rules
Family Center rules
Jadeunicorn
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Re: Megalith All in the Family Challenge! Prize Added to 1st

Post by Jadeunicorn »

Doggyears wrote:No need to pay me. You need to save up gold for the giveaway! XD If you want to add any more Crystalwings to your raffle, I can breed 1st gen Green and Bronze Crystalwings too. My blue has to play nice and breed with his harem, though. :lol:

Maybe... You can hold a Mega auction of Minicorns? Or a Mega auction that must be bid on with Minicorns. You could turn around and auction the minicorns gathered form the raffle? The people who payed with them may not like that though... I'm poking at auctions because we have a raffle, and a giveaway so I'm thinking, 'what else can we do?' :P
I have also been trying to think of possible auctions that would fit the theme. I won't be auctioning any gathered Minicorns, though, as my 13 Even Gen Project (another branch of my Megalith project, just not with any official lineage) needs TONS of Minis, so I hoard them, even though I do think I will hand out at least 1 Minicorn each to each Challenge Participant here. The only reason there are some in the Freebie Meadow is because those were given to me with the intention they would be given away for free to people. :lol:

I wish I had something big enough for a good auction and that would work with the theme or storyline of the Megaliths (I'm quite happy with the idea I had to work the Puvias and Gold CWs in to a story - now if only I could think that well on my feet with my novels that need to be completed).

Part of me has been chewing at the idea of a Scavenger Hunt type thing. I have pondered about finding the different types/names of Megaliths in places I plant in the forums (in my threads and other people's threads who volunteer), but I'm not sure if that's good enough...I am thinking the Megaliths need an honor guard, though, so like the Puvias and Gold CWs, the "Honor Guard" could then be creatures I could give away as prizes.

Just voicing my thoughts - anyone is welcome to add or expand. :lol: OK, need sleep...yes, sleep....

I click. You click. We all click!
P.S. I love SnapLinks.

<3 Wish List In My Profile <3

STATUS - 4/23/20: Splat.

ImageImageImageImageImage

LittleDragonfly and LittleGreenGirl are my daughters!
Doggyears
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Doggyears »

I like Scavenger Hunts :yey: I'm not very good at setting them up, but it doesn't need to be very difficult. Maybe riddles/hints at their locations, and you could hide some in volunteer(*raise hand*) profiles.
♫♪♫"It will never be too late for you to cross the finish line; get back up again—try it one more time"♪♫♪

FyFy
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by FyFy »

Doggyears wrote:I like Scavenger Hunts :yey: I'm not very good at setting them up, but it doesn't need to be very difficult. Maybe riddles/hints at their locations, and you could hide some in volunteer(*raise hand*) profiles.
*raises hand as well* i flippin LOVE scavenger hunts :3
Image Image
Jadeunicorn
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jadeunicorn »

OK, I'll host a scavenger hunt then, with the "Honor Guard" as prizes. But it might take me some time to figure out clues and riddles and what not. I always prefer figuring out riddles instead of creating them, but I'm sure I'll be able to come up with something! ^_^

EDIT: Also editing the 3rd post with some tweaks to the current events.

EDIT 2: OK, I did have a bit of a brainstorm for the scavenger hunt. "Where in the world are the Megaliths?" They are traveling to Stonehenge, and they are spotted in places as they travel. I can put Minnie's and Mickey's images in certain areas (websites off of the MS site, profiles, threads on MS that allow creature links) along with a code or phrase with them for the "answer" and have clues on how to find them.

I am guessing that I would have to have people PM me the answers so people can't "cheat". Is this an acceptable practice according to MS rules because I know much of the stuff in the MD is supposed to keep to the threads. I may need to ask a mod....

EDIT 3: Minnie and Mickey are starting to tick me off! They keep refusing to give me more babies! :t--.-:

P.S. I love SnapLinks.

Jadeunicorn
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jadeunicorn »

Update on the Crystalwing/Puvia Raffle:

I will officially be starting the event on Friday, September 23 (Fall Equinox) at around 5pm CDT. It gives me one last chance to breed a new 1st Gen Gold CW (I do have one on the side from a long past breeding, just in case).

So, I will still be buying Puvias likely up to that time. I am going to make sure everyone walks away with at least 1 Puvia, so I may still be buying some Puvias while the raffle is going on, since I don't know how many people will be buying tickets. I have sat eggless today due to finding no Puvias when I have time to check the Stream - lol.

The post has been pretty much drafted up, and right now the only banner I am using is the bigger one Doggyears has made. If anyone would like to make one for the Raffle specifically, please let me know. If we don't have one, that's fine too. It is officially being called: Megalith Crystalwing and Puvia Raffle.

Update on Megalith Breeding:

Since I have had so many fails in a row from my Progenitors, if next time I breed they refuse again, I will attempt to breed my 1st Gen pair as well. If I get a 2nd Gen baby at that time, I will offer it up to those waiting for a Megalith. :wave:

P.S. I love SnapLinks.

FyFy
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by FyFy »

i dont mind getting a 2nd gen if that helps:3 as long as i have a cuddly Megalith when the challenge starts i'm happy

edit: and i'll keep looking for puvia :p
Image Image
Jadeunicorn
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jadeunicorn »

FyFy wrote:i dont mind getting a 2nd gen if that helps:3 as long as i have a cuddly Megalith when the challenge starts i'm happy

edit: and i'll keep looking for puvia :p
OK, FyFy. I'll note that on the list as well. And I swear, all the Puvias only come out at night for me! :lol:

P.S. I love SnapLinks.

Doggyears
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Doggyears »

I'll go on and trade you the three Puvia I've managed to hatch, then. I'll probably get more after the raffle, but I don't think I will before it XD I also, don't mind getting a 2nd gen, just in case that wasn't clear before.
♫♪♫"It will never be too late for you to cross the finish line; get back up again—try it one more time"♪♫♪

Jadeunicorn
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jadeunicorn »

Doggyears wrote:I'll go on and trade you the three Puvia I've managed to hatch, then. I'll probably get more after the raffle, but I don't think I will before it XD I also, don't mind getting a 2nd gen, just in case that wasn't clear before.
Woo hoo thanks! *shoves some gold in the trade*

And I will also note about the 2nd Gen.

I'm getting excited for the raffle tomorrow! I hope people enjoy it.

P.S. I love SnapLinks.

Kael
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kael »

It just crossed my mind, but if you find the image is too big, feel free to re-size it ^^

Just started gathering minicorns for the lineage challenge and events :woo: I need to figure out how to hatch them faster XD If I can, I'll see if I can fish out anymore puvia for you as well c:

Return to “Family Center”