FAQ: The Frequently Asked Questions thread (Updated Nov 2023)

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
kunigund
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Re: FAQ: The Frequently Asked Questions thread (Updated Nov 2023)

Post by kunigund »

Hello,
as my keep/critter collections is expanding, I have a few questions regarding keep and tab size to not break my keep or cause any trouble to MS. I searched but did not find any clear information (even though I vaguely remember a discussion about this, but I do not remember where and when).

- how many critters per tab are considered safe/not breaking my keep?
- what is the maximum keep size (roughly, like 30k, 35k or whatever) to be on the safe side?
- how many critters can be added to a trade for storage purposes (e.g., with Anna) if I do not plan to move them back into my keep all at once?

Perhaps this information could be added to the FAQ.

Thank you!
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

kunigund wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 6:53:40 am Hello,
as my keep/critter collections is expanding, I have a few questions regarding keep and tab size to not break my keep or cause any trouble to MS. I searched but did not find any clear information (even though I vaguely remember a discussion about this, but I do not remember where and when).

- how many critters per tab are considered safe/not breaking my keep?
- what is the maximum keep size (roughly, like 30k, 35k or whatever) to be on the safe side?
- how many critters can be added to a trade for storage purposes (e.g., with Anna) if I do not plan to move them back into my keep all at once?

Perhaps this information could be added to the FAQ.

Thank you!
There is no set limits for these, and they are partly dependent on the user's browser. Different actions throughout the site also access data in different ways which also affects the limits.

Usually around 2500-3000 creatures per tab or trade should still be safe, and the tab and trade loads. Some people's browsers and devices can handle more, some less.

I know of a keep with over 72000 creatures in it, and the keep itself is fine. Certain actions however won't work, and the keep has tabs that simply won't open. :t-shrug:
kunigund
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by kunigund »

Thank you, Rosehill. I'll watch and see as numbers increase.
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by darksouls »

Is it possible to get a lineage's case of name changed? Since they're not case sensitive, I was just wondering because I accidentally capitalized a word in one of mine. XD
they/them collectively - plural + fictional - 25+
wishlist - art's poetry - free creatures - ltb sept. 22nd creatures
We are plural, posts are signed as needed. (Alex (he/they), Art (he/him), Cayden (he/it))
Alex manages sales, giveaways, Reindeer Games, and most messages. We do our best to return clicks.
ImageImageImageImageImage
... But do you like Dark Souls as much as we like Dark Souls? 🔥⚔️
GeckosinaBowl
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by GeckosinaBowl »

This may be a stupid question and I don’t know what to do. I’m wondering if there’s a way other than manually going through each group if there’s a way to find my 5th egg I have seemed to have lost? It’s in one of my collections and and I’m getting annoyed going through every single group
Looking for and Dismots! I’m will to pay whatever you feel is fair! ImageImage
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by darksouls »

GeckosinaBowl wrote: June 8th, 2024, 3:40:50 am This may be a stupid question and I don’t know what to do. I’m wondering if there’s a way other than manually going through each group if there’s a way to find my 5th egg I have seemed to have lost? It’s in one of my collections and and I’m getting annoyed going through every single group
https://magistream.com/stats

Go here and type '1' into the eggs category. (not the snowflake icon one, that's for frozen eggs) Check each of the creatures it shows and on said creature's page, it'll tell you what tab(s) that type of creature is in. :)

- Alex
Last edited by darksouls on June 8th, 2024, 4:31:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are plural, posts are signed as needed. (Alex (he/they), Art (he/him), Cayden (he/it))
Alex manages sales, giveaways, Reindeer Games, and most messages. We do our best to return clicks.
GeckosinaBowl
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by GeckosinaBowl »

darksouls wrote: June 8th, 2024, 3:42:54 am
GeckosinaBowl wrote: June 8th, 2024, 3:40:50 am This may be a stupid question and I don’t know what to do. I’m wondering if there’s a way other than manually going through each group if there’s a way to find my 5th egg I have seemed to have lost? It’s in one of my collections and and I’m getting annoyed going through every single group
https://magistream.com/stats

Go here and type '1' into the eggs category. (not the snowflake icon one, that's for frozen eggs) Check each of the creatures it shows and on said creature's page, it'll tell you what tab(s) that type of creature is in. :)
Thank you so much! I appreciate it!
Looking for and Dismots! I’m will to pay whatever you feel is fair! ImageImage
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by darksouls »

GeckosinaBowl wrote: June 8th, 2024, 3:46:12 am Thank you so much! I appreciate it!
No worries! Misplacing eggs is such a pain. XD

- Alex

Return to “Support and Suggestions”