Forum rules
Family Center rules
Zunami
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Restore the Old Glory to the Pharaohs

Post by Zunami »

Narmer x Niethotep refused to breed yesterday. So current score Tuts 1 -- Zun 0.

I found this very interesting and informative site Egyptian Journey.
Have always been fascinated with the Ancient Egyptian culture, the Pharaoh, their gods etc. I had no idea there were that many though.
Quite amusing read also. Married to siblings, their mother, father and what not. Going to be good this. I hope Nemer and Niethotep decide to give me an egglet next time around.

Also a question. It will be difficult not to get duplicate names as we move on. Will that be an issue you'd rather not see happen Seri?
~ ImageImageImageImage ~

Entangled in IRL. Limited online time
Serianna
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Serianna »

Couple Things so I'm recycling this post :)

1. Duplicate names are allowed...I'm not gonna forbid someone from using King Tut's name since I've used it 2 times already :) I wouldn't do that to anyone... Although I'd question if all your lineage is the same 2 names... (that'd kind of make no sense to me )

Second, it was brought to my attention that I didn't really address whether the entire lineage needs to stay in your keep... Here's my thoughts... I'll let you all decide... I think It'd be kind of cool that you keep your first couple and then a few at the end and if you decide after you've named them to gift some of the lineage away that is fine... Please though make sure those you gift to know the lineage rules... Although there aren't really that many rules tbh... :) The idea is to restore the line so... it's not about keeping everything to yourself even though technically the Egyptians did to keep the power of a dynasty did keep to themselves in a sense... :)

How does everyone feel about this, I want some thoughts as I will go with what you all decide :) and add that to the rules sound good ?

So let me know your thoughts :) Continue to Enjoy!!! I can't wait to see the first 4th gen baby !
Thank-you everyone for all the beautiful gifts under the tree. *Love them!*
FyFy
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by FyFy »

i've seen other lineages where it's preferred that one keeps the whole lineage for better tracking purposes; which is understandable and feeds my hoarding tendencies. but i'd feel really greedy keeping something so awesome to myself. so i'm kind of torn with this

i do suggest that for the purpose of this lineage challenge that the people involved with the challenge trade with each other? (since in the old days they'd marry sister's or half-sister's and inbreed to keep the lineage pure)
this way technically we are in keeping with the theme of this challenge, and i know i'd give a baby to a person who joins the challenge at a later date than today.
Image Image
Serianna
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Serianna »

I'd like to Congratulate the following people:

Mcath- Getting to 2nd Generation first with Hatshepsut
IloveChuck - Getting to 3rd Generation first with Scorpion
Zunami
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Zunami »

Trading with the other contesters is a fun idea FyFy :)

The tricky part with gifting to others is making them follow the lineage rules, but your right Seri it does feel a bit selfish keeping them to ourselves :lol:

Nemer and Niethotep have given me an egglet. So maybe they have decided they like each other after all :bounce:
~ ImageImageImageImage ~

Entangled in IRL. Limited online time
Jadeunicorn
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jadeunicorn »

I will likely hold onto all of the ones I intend to use for the line (so I can keep my own records in order), but once I have bred a gen for myself, I don't mind breeding those gens for other people as well.

On a ranting note - my wyrms HATE me! Second fail. O.o

I click. You click. We all click!
P.S. I love SnapLinks.

<3 Wish List In My Profile <3

STATUS - 4/23/20: Splat.

ImageImageImageImageImage

LittleDragonfly and LittleGreenGirl are my daughters!
quelyn
CreaturesTrade

Post by quelyn »

I want to help restore the ancient Egyptian dynasties!
Magi User Name:quelyn
Grandfather Rule: (Please post your Creature ID # and name here if you are being grandfathered in)
Name to be given to your wyrm: King Huni Queen Djefatnebti(Please provide a Queen and King's name)
I have read and understand the rules of the project and will abide by them, I acknowledge this by providing the key phrase which is: Beverly's & Roger's trip to the King Tut exhibit in 1977

Would you like a Stream Wyrm or 1st Gen Wyrm to pair with your Thutmosid Wyrm to get started ? no
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tinni
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tinni »

I have helped breed many of the lineage babies, so I would personally prefer trading only after I have some semblance of lineage going.

My main pair of wyrms are fussy breeders but I am fond of them and wanted to use them for the lineage challenge.

Other than this I have no qualms of breeding them with each other, because I would love to have a couple of interesting inbred kids in my lineage.

Finally Akhenaten and Nefertiti have deigned to have an offspring. Hopefully this little baby is not fussy.

One thing that could help would be a train, because wyrms are slow hatchers.

The code train worked beautifully for Less Challenge 1, but not well for Renaissance. I personally am very lazy about using click threads though.
ImageImage
Spoiler
To Hatch only, please

Code: Select all

[url=http://magistream.com/creature/7891261][img]http://magistream.com/img/7891261.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/7891482][img]http://magistream.com/img/7891482.gif[/img][/url]
My MD Threads
Spoiler
Image[/center]
Serianna
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Serianna »

Congratz Seraphin with being first to get to 4th generation... with Sobeknefru
Orange
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Orange »

I want to help restore the ancient Egyptian dynasties!
Magi User Name: Orange
Grandfather Rule: (Please post your Creature ID # and name here if you are being grandfathered in)
Name to be given to your wyrm: Khufu (Male) Ankhesenamun (female)
I have read and understand the rules of the project and will abide by them, I acknowledge this by providing the key phrase which is: Beverly's & Roger's trip to the King Tut exhibit in 1997

Would you like a Stream Wyrm or 1st Gen Wyrm to pair with your Thutmosid Wyrm to get started ? No thank-you.

Hopefully these names are okay, if not just let me know :)

This is a very creative idea, Seri. Maybe someone could do it with Greek rulers maybe? Or something similar ^_^
Image Image Image

Return to “Family Center”