Facebook: Needed or Not?

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

Can you last 1 month without Facebook?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 211

GlassOctopus
CreaturesTrade

Re: Facebook: Needed or Not?

Post by GlassOctopus »

I agree and say I don't have a facebook (even though my friends have numerously attempted to make one for me) I have watched my mom and my friends waste countless hours then complaining how THEY find facebook annoying, yet they still post about it. Why must every moment of everyday be blasted to the Internet? Does anyone really care? And the only people who do will be hurt that they weren't involved, so it's a lose-lose situation. Plus it is a really good tool for cowardly bullying. I personally have been involved in facebook threads about all the people who hate me, and I definitely would not want to be involved in that all the time if I had one.

Honestly, I think Facebook had an original purpose of keeping friends interconnected over the world wide web, but this day in age only very few people actually use it for that purpose.
:t-pirate: ARRRG I'm a pirate! Click my eggs and you shall get some booty!!

My Mascot:Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
bloodmoonwolf
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by bloodmoonwolf »

i dont need facebook. i only have it because i dont have a phone so use it to talk to friends when i rearly need to. they have some good games and i use it to keep track of news on my fave films or tv programs, but i can live without it. my friends are luckly if i go on it once a week.

i prefure talking face to face with some one because what you say can be misinturprited. also i have rubbish spelling so most of the time no one has any idears what i'm on about. the short talk like LOL anoys me.

i think the people who write thair life movemnts on there should find somthing else to do
thanks you : Vhaeraun, Sellerie, TDSaman, Logrin, DrBeansMD, Dark_Kitsune, KittenSmith, Dolphensong, crazyflower, mystcdra, auriene, orathy,, mistyoc, demonrage, alto, magistream staff and the anonymous senders plus the mysterious donder the reindeer Feel free to mine my Hatchling tab look in my keep for sale tabs,all are are priced. PM me if intrested My Cave Guardians ImageImageImageImage
mulan
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by mulan »

I use Facebook only for games & business.....
ImageImageImageImageImage
IllusionQueen
CreaturesTrade

Post by IllusionQueen »

Ehh, I don't really know if I should be saying this as it's contradictory to what so many others have said, but, yes, Facebook is a necessity in my life, as it keeps me LIVING. Without it I am as good as dead. The games keep me from being bored, and I have a brother and a few sisters there. Unlike humans from the Real World, the family I have on Facebook compliment me and comfort me when I'm down, and I do the same for them. I am nothing without them. We're just like a real family, and I mean REAL; not those kinds of "families" where your dad is out drunk all night and your mother smokes 24/7 and no one gives a shit whether you're dead or alive. The internet is why I've decided to live in the Digital World.

Don't argue with me. You don't know how my life is, you don't know what I've been through.
"Let me, become your eyes."
mulan
CreaturesTrade

Post by mulan »

Facebook is really great for business too.^^
ImageImageImageImageImage
Allienna
CreaturesTrade

Post by Allienna »

Facebook is a good thing as long as it is not taken out of hand
JelliFish
CreaturesTrade

Post by JelliFish »

I really don't think Facebook is needed in any way, I don't have one and I honestly don't want one. I don't see any real point in having one, I'm not a big social media person. I truly don't understand the point of Facebook in the first place, I've been able to go FB free without any problem. I do think it's a bit rude of your friends for trying to pressure you into doing something you don't want to do, if you don't feel like your ready for a FB you shouldn't get one.

Click?

<====================>
Belong to me
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sourikus
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sourikus »

GlassOctopus wrote:I agree and say I don't have a facebook (even though my friends have numerously attempted to make one for me) I have watched my mom and my friends waste countless hours then complaining how THEY find facebook annoying, yet they still post about it. Why must every moment of everyday be blasted to the Internet? Does anyone really care? And the only people who do will be hurt that they weren't involved, so it's a lose-lose situation. Plus it is a really good tool for cowardly bullying. I personally have been involved in facebook threads about all the people who hate me, and I definitely would not want to be involved in that all the time if I had one.

Honestly, I think Facebook had an original purpose of keeping friends interconnected over the world wide web, but this day in age only very few people actually use it for that purpose.
YAS I totally agree with your statement. I use Facebook, in a world of Facebook users, and now, I am bored of it all. So no liking or posting for me. I just stopped checking. If only my phone (Android!) was a bit more understanding.
Sparktail
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sparktail »

I have a Facebook, but I only use it for school stuff.
Honestly, the concept of it frightens me. You can hover over someone's picture and Facebook can tell you exactly who that person is, their occupation, and where they live. It poses the question of whether you truly know that person. Can you say that you know someone if you've never met them in person? Only on the internet? I knew one guy who started crushing on a friend's friend on Facebook just through her posts, and when he saw her at school one day, he didn't know what to say, since they've never talked to each other in person. I personally find that pretty funny, but the concept of it still creeps me out.
Sourikus
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sourikus »

Sparktail wrote:I have a Facebook, but I only use it for school stuff.
Honestly, the concept of it frightens me. You can hover over someone's picture and Facebook can tell you exactly who that person is, their occupation, and where they live. It poses the question of whether you truly know that person. Can you say that you know someone if you've never met them in person? Only on the internet? I knew one guy who started crushing on a friend's friend on Facebook just through her posts, and when he saw her at school one day, he didn't know what to say, since they've never talked to each other in person. I personally find that pretty funny, but the concept of it still creeps me out.
People really should exercise a lot more caution with strangers on the web. You can never find out who they really are from online. Especially if you are younger, there is a risk of <insert word here>

And god, please don't give out personal particulars to random people.

Return to “Hall of Speakers”