Suggestion for Elements System

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Suggestion for Elements System

Post by Danafox »

I know this is a brand new system we have and to be honest, I still haven't used it or done the quest, but am hoping to start that soon...but I still wanted to suggest, could we lower the CD from being able to change it every 30 days, to something like being able to change it every two weeks or maybe even once a week? Also, I think removing attunement should be allowed whenever we want with no having to wait any period of time.

I feel that having to wait 30 days so that I can use Fine tuning glass on frozen hatchlings 15% or lower, is way too long of a wait and I really feel that this mechanic could really benefit from being more fluid and way less time restricted.

In addition Being attuned to an element currently has the following benefits:
- Creatures whose element matches your element grow faster when you click on them
- Creatures whose element matches your element give you more gold when you click on them
- You can use the Fine Tuning Glass on up to 15% stage creatures whose element matches yours

Everyone grabs different types of eggs all the time, wouldn't it make sense to allow us to change elements way more often so that we can actually benefit more and maybe see more people actually use this system instead of not using it at all or not even knowing about these benefits? This system could actually be way more interactive, if we could actually change elements way more often than we can currently.

I'd like to know what do others think.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
blockEdragon
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Re: Suggestion for Elements System

Post by blockEdragon »

I do get the urge to switch only to decide not to because there might be an event or release and I'll find myself wishing I wasn't on cooldown. I never change unless there's an event actively happening. I don't know if the cooldown is too long or if they intentionally wanted us to use the switch quest sparingly so it's not OP. But that's how I feel about it, make of that what you will.

I guess I'm neutral/undecided for now.
Last edited by blockEdragon on April 1st, 2024, 3:50:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Munin
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Munin »

I feel not being able to take advantage of the perks for different elements willy nilly is exactly why the cooldown is as long as it is (and I approve of it). Lore-wise it is supposed to be a commitment and not something you lightly change like your underwear.
Communicate with people for fine-tuning glass needs, I bet you could find someone who is willing to trade a use in a hatchling of a different element
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

I also agree that the idea of attuning to an element as a commitment towards that element. I'm still catching up on many of the mechanics that come along with it, but I attuned to the earth element because of my plans of working with crystalwings which tend towards that element.

For example, being attuned to fire would be helpful for collecting and hatching the Hotdogs, and while it would be convenient for me to be able to change my attunement (if I weren't on cooldown), I know that another creature will come around soon enough for me to take advantage of this mechanic.

If I'd suggest adding anything, it would be a difficult quest related to my current element that would allow for the addition of a secondary attunement. I wouldn't want to ever be attuned to more than two, but similar to how some creatures have two elements, I think it could be cool to work hard to achieve a second element attunement as a magi as well.
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

It would be nice to attune with the compatible element as well (water and earth, air and fire), but I agree it should be a difficult quest to accomplish. Attunement to an element comes with perks because it's supposed to be a commitment to a certain way of life. Being able to flip-flop to get the biggest bang for your buck any time you get a notion to seems very wrong. It would be like a vegan joining a hot-dog eating contest for the prize money.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.

Return to “Support and Suggestions”