Do Gifts Expire?

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Thedreamstalker
CreaturesTrade

Do Gifts Expire?

Post by Thedreamstalker »

Unfortunately my life has been very busy and while I received gifts from Halloween I was waiting for a time where I could properly appreciate them/write responses before opening. I logged on today to hopefully do that but I noticed my Halloween gift counters were gone now showing the Christmas presents. I am now worried that the gifts have have expired, I had no idea that they could expire if I did I would have made time to open them sooner. Most most of all I am concerned for the people who donated to me as I may never be able to receive them and are most likely gone. I deeply apologies if I knew this was going to happen I would have opened them sooner.
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: Do Gifts Expire?

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Gifts don't expire exactly.. but if you don't open them before the next gifting event, they go away and you can't get them back.

So your Halloween gifts disappeared when the Thanksgiving event started.. and Thanksgiving gifts disappeared when the Yule event started. Yule gifts will be available until Valentines Day starts.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: Do Gifts Expire?

Post by Rosehill »

As CinnaminDraconna mentioned, unopened gifts from a previous gifting event are removed close to the beginning of the next gifting event to make room in your gift box.

The site has three gifting events per year:
-Magiversary in May, opening gifts is possible until some time October
-Halloween in October, opening gifts is possible until around mid-December
-Winter Solstice in December, opening gifts is possible until earlyish May.

When the last day to open gifts is drawing closer, we post a reminder in the Site News' thread for minor changes: https://magistream.com/viewtopic.php?p= ... #p23666547 so that thread can also be checked close to the above-mentioned events to see the exact last date to open presents from an event. ^.^

Return to “Support and Suggestions”