Magistream Roleplay

Let your imagination get the best of you!

Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Magistream Roleplay

Post by audrei9 »

1. Go to this site https://rolladie.net/
2. Roll 1d8 and note the results

If you roll a 1, go to the Callisto Islands
If you roll a 2, go to the Etian Desert
For 3, go to Everlight Crevasse
4- Jungle of Raza
5- Mountain pass junction
6- Taggelisk
7- Tetzcoatl
8- The Stream

3. Go back to the dice rolling site and roll 1d9
4. Count the eggs starting from the left to the right, landing on the number you rolled on the d9

That's the egg you start with! You also start with a creature of your choice from the bestiary, but that's optional and in addition to this randomly selected creature here. They both start out as eggs but you can rp them as starting sooner or later.

In this roleplay, you're a brand new magi, which is why you're picking a brand new creature. IMO it's more interesting that way.

edit-
OOC thread here: https://magistream.com/viewtopic.php?p=23680653
Last edited by audrei9 on December 28th, 2023, 6:02:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Magistream Roleplay

Post by audrei9 »

Full Name
Nickname
Species (you can play as any species who's available in the bestiary as an ally too!)
Background
Appearance (physical features, style, etc.)
Personality (positive and negative traits)
Hobbies
Strengths
Weaknesses
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

((This seems interesting, might join assuming I don't end up forgetting to reply here.
Would it be a problem if I instead made a character using my own template for descriptions? It includes most of the things in yours, aside from Likes, Dislikes, and Hobbies (as I personally don't consider those important enough to add to my character descriptions), but I can easily add those at the end, and other than that the main difference is how I have each field ordered and the addition of a text color.
Also, would it be alright if I left background unknown? Writing backstories takes me a long time and I wouldn't want to end up with a rushed backstory that I then need to fix up later...))
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
audrei9
CreaturesTrade

Post by audrei9 »

@EstherGamer it's perfectly fine!
EstherGamer
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

((Here's my character, hopefully she's good to go
Spoiler
Name: Eivee Lerin
Nicknames: Vee, Ivy
Species: Human
Appearance: I’ve never been great at describing appearances, but I had an image in my head so I was able to get a drawing made pretty quickly:
Big Images, might have to be opened in new tabs
I’ll add more expressions when I have time, but the upcoming days are gonna be a really big mess for me because I have another art project to start using limited notes and unfinished designs so it might be a while before that happens.
Adding to this, she has a dark blue (very dark blue, almost black) cloak.
Personality: Friendly, but shy as well. She at least seems to warm up to people quickly, though at the same time she’s always just a bit cautious around others. Tends to stumble over her words a lot.
Equipment: Not much to start with, I’ll update this as the RP progresses.
Abilities: Unknown until later.
Strengths: Good at making things with limited materials.
Weaknesses: She’s really sensitive to bright lights for some reason.
Known Backstory (Optional): ???
Other:
Dislikes: Brightly lit areas, rain, and bugs
Hobbies: Making trinkets out of random things she finds, and reading
Text Color: #59015e (Please let me know if this text color is hard to see, I’ll change it if asked) (Using text colors is a tradition of sorts on the site I mainly RP on, so I prefer using a text color for most of my characters on other sites too)
))
((Edited to add the likes and stuff because I'm a sleep deprived dummy with ADHD and so I forgot to put it in right away-))
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
audrei9
CreaturesTrade

Post by audrei9 »

EstherGamer wrote: December 26th, 2023, 2:16:14 pm ((Here's my character, hopefully she's good to go
Spoiler
Name: Eivee Lerin
Nicknames: Vee, Ivy
Species: Human
Appearance: I’ve never been great at describing appearances, but I had an image in my head so I was able to get a drawing made pretty quickly:
Big Images, might have to be opened in new tabs
I’ll add more expressions when I have time, but the upcoming days are gonna be a really big mess for me because I have another art project to start using limited notes and unfinished designs so it might be a while before that happens.
Adding to this, she has a dark blue (very dark blue, almost black) cloak.
Personality: Friendly, but shy as well. She at least seems to warm up to people quickly, though at the same time she’s always just a bit cautious around others. Tends to stumble over her words a lot.
Equipment: Not much to start with, I’ll update this as the RP progresses.
Abilities: Unknown until later.
Strengths: Good at making things with limited materials.
Weaknesses: She’s really sensitive to bright lights for some reason.
Known Backstory (Optional): ???
Other:
Dislikes: Brightly lit areas, rain, and bugs
Hobbies: Making trinkets out of random things she finds, and reading
Text Color: #59015e (Please let me know if this text color is hard to see, I’ll change it if asked) (Using text colors is a tradition of sorts on the site I mainly RP on, so I prefer using a text color for most of my characters on other sites too)
))
((Edited to add the likes and stuff because I'm a sleep deprived dummy with ADHD and so I forgot to put it in right away-))
1. Yup she's good!
2. Her text colour isn't bad. I never thought of using any specific text colour for my characters, but now I will.
3. What's her magistream creature that you rolled? We'll begin the roleplay right after picking up the eggs btw.
audrei9
CreaturesTrade

Post by audrei9 »

Full Name Laus Hellinga
Nickname Laus
Age 18
Gender/Pronouns he/him, male
Species naga
Background One of his aunts was an ally for a magi, except that she got very sick and was forced to return home, so he stepped up to take her position. The magi ended up accepting him as an apprentice and sent him to grab an egg for himself
Likes Exploring, reading, more reading, infodumping on whatever he's read lately, biology and magic
Dislikes getting his hands dirty, both metaphorically and physically
Appearance Laus is shorter than other nagas, because he looks more a gaboon viper than most other snakes.
Spoiler
picture made by picrew https://picrew. ... 6j50E3bLh2
Personality ENFP, is curious and able to find fascination in just about anything. He is rarely bored because he always finds ways to fascinate himself. However, he is not good at staying focused.
Hobbies Finding more friendly creatures to pet
Strengths He's naturally super polite so everyone ends up being nice to him
Weaknesses he's pretty shit at tennis. Also, despite liking to talk a lot, he is afraid to talk. His favourite subjects are all related to his home life, which makes him worried he'll slip up and blurt out naga secrets... so instead he stays quiet unless he's chewing the scenery.

For anything that he says, I'll

Code: Select all

do this because it's cool
I rolled a nandi bear for the first creature so that's what I'll go with.
EstherGamer
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

((I got a white lion ammit for the RNG'd first creature, and for personal reasons I'll give her a creature of my own choice in a bit as well, I'll edit this when I choose one))
((I tossed the ammit egg into a new tab for her team, that way it'll be easy to keep track of which creatures are hers and which are just from my collection or belonging to my other characters (which most likely won't appear here), the tab is simply named Eivee Team))
((Edit: If it's okay the personal choice creature will be a Sacris Pygmy Crystalwing, if there's any issues with that my backup choice is Feather Drake))
audrei9
CreaturesTrade

Post by audrei9 »

You can pick any creature you like. Doesn't matter if you have or haven't gotten them in your keep. You don't even have to pick out the creatures from the stream to keep in your tab, personally I would just keep a list.
Now we have at least two players, we can start whenever you like to, or we can start when another person joins. It's up to you ^^
Cindertail
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cindertail »

Full Name: Warm Embers at Dawn

Nickname: Ember

Gender/Pronouns: they/them

Species: Human(werecat)

Background: From a village near the edge of the Etain Desert. They left to travel to the Keep and ask to bring back a companion to aid their village's farming efforts and help restore a nearby river that dried up suddenly.

Likes: Thinking about the science of magic; the process and intricacy of decay; chess; running and races; climbing on top of things they shouldn't(cabinets, animals, dressers, shelves packed with glasses); dire trufwolves; reading; food(in the "everything is edible at least once!" way)

Dislikes: Dire trufwolf fur; only getting a portion of themselves wet; getting dressed/undressed; using a comb when they have fingers; droughts; shattered glass; sitting still and silently for long periods of time; frozen bodies of water

Appearance (physical features, style, etc.): Ember wears loose, baggy clothing that, while ideal for the scorching temperatures of the Etain Desert, is often layered over more insulating clothing to protect them from the much cooler temperatures at the keep. Their skin is tanned and their hair is kept short and fluffy - it's brown with dark striping. Ember's canines are long and sharp enough to qualify as fangs and their tongue is rough.
On the days immediately before, after, and during the full moon, their ears become more upright, take a feline shape, and grow hair, as well as becoming more mobile. A long, fluffy feline tail also appears. The fur on both take after the fur on their head, though the stripe pattern is more easily seen.
In their cat form, they are a dark brown classic tabby(this form is most accessible and often used in their daily life). During the night of the full moon, if they choose/are forced to change(not doing so is massively uncomfortable, but once transformed they have to wait until midday to change back), they become this big . . . . feline creature? It's less "AAAA BIG SCARY CAT HUMAN THING" like classic werewolves and more "oh that cat is kinda big - whys it shaped funny" - werecats are built for speed and stealth, not smashing into things like werewolves are. Ember's head is about level with an average humans and their hands are capable of finer movements, but not human level.
Of course, if you'd rather them just be human, I can remove everything about werecats!

Personality (positive and negative traits): The increased speed of movement that werecats are blessed with apples to their thoughts and logic leaps - but while they're good at making deductions, they aren't good at thinking twice and often jump into things headfirst first with no plan. Ember also tends to stick to one train of thought at a time without someone to bounce off of - that's actually how they got to the Keep! In conversations, they tend to be blunt and don't tend to best around the bush.

Hobbies: Eating things that shouldn't be edible but somehow it is(this is meant to be a comedic gag for this character, not a "uhh well they're immune to poison" thing), getting sticky with the resident trufwolves, making intense eye contact with people they don't like as intimidation, volunteering to train more rambunctious hatchlings to not beg for attention(like the thing they do at shelters, where a kid sits and does homework in the middle of the puppies? for training?), helping out in the gardens

Strengths: Ember can move quite fast and almost always wins races - they've yet to lose a race since leaving their village! They're also very good at low-level curses - "your pillow will never be the right temperature!" and "your cuffs shall be damp!" are their favourites.

Weaknesses: Subtle hints tend to go over their head. Their physical strength also doesnt match the speed they move at - they suck at weight lifting and physical combat. They often make snap decisions instead of considering ask the angles.

(More to be added, I suck at these parts - strengths and weaknesses usually reveal themselves through character use, sorry!)

Magic: Ranged/supportive is what they excel at. Transformation magic almost always gets hijacked by their werecat magic - Transformation class labs usually yields feline-esque creatures with interesting properties.
Also, werecat magic doesn't do much when handled consciously - it speeds healing enough that recovery takes half as long and increases one's speed and flexibility by a lot(but not their strength!! werewolves get that) when left alone, but it only changes one's form when consciously manipulated. It could probably be magically blocked or "turned off" by an outside force, I think.

Starters: Life Prism Fox and Scarf Wyrm
Both of these are Just Little Guys they picked up from the Stream on a whim - I did roll the Prism Fox, though.

I'm . . . . thinking that's everything? I'll use // to indicate OOC :)
Last edited by Cindertail on December 28th, 2023, 1:27:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wonder, sometimes.

Return to “Roleplay Stage”