Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
DaedAir
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Wings Of War || OOC

Post by DaedAir »

Alright!

Since we are starting to fill up this rp with a lot of OOC, I'll make an OOC Thread. Haha.

Talk about anything here. Keep RL out of this though unless it's important (such as a trip and you'll be gone for the week) or something like that.

Glad to finally get this up and going now. Haha.

Here's the IC Thread to those who want it.

And here's the Translator we've been using.
Last edited by DaedAir on April 28th, 2016, 3:04:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ON A HIATUS DUE TO RL CRAP. ALL SERVICES CONDUCTED BY ME (DaedAir) ARE HEREBY SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
xSinder12x
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Wings Of War || OOC

Post by xSinder12x »

Yaaay OOC!

I'll post this afternoon after work guys!
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[url=http://magistream.com/creature/11477736][img]http://magistream.com/img/11477736.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/11477751][img]http://magistream.com/img/11477751.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/11477758][img]http://magistream.com/img/11477758.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/11477741][img]http://magistream.com/img/11477741.gif[/img][/url]
[/center]
DaedAir
CreaturesTrade

Post by DaedAir »

Take your time. I'll be working all day anyway.

Also as a note. I will be gone this weekend. I will not post anything until next week Tuesday!!!
ON A HIATUS DUE TO RL CRAP. ALL SERVICES CONDUCTED BY ME (DaedAir) ARE HEREBY SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
ParadiseSeeker
CreaturesTrade

Post by ParadiseSeeker »

I'm regretting making Sarim mute, maybe due to the collar he can't speak that well.
“...she said all writers were prima donnas, drunks, social misfits, pompous, or depressed. Brilliant, maybe, but completely crazy.” ― Ilsa J. Bick
MSolara
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by MSolara »

YES NOW I CAN TALK AS MUCH AND BE AS ANNOYING AS I WANT.

Parsee: would you like to have Alowin partially healing that? She still needs practise (and strength to deal) with big/old/grave injuries like his, so that could be a justification for his voice not fully returning.
DC scroll.
Evergen Weyr: a Dragonrider's of Pern RP site :haha:
Vampirewolf2212
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Vampirewolf2212 »

I am glad to see this. I will post as soon as I can, but I have been having some medical stuff go on and work x.x
I'm back for a time -smiles- Hello everyone.
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀ SPREAD THE FAIL WHALE

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DaedAir
CreaturesTrade

Post by DaedAir »

Hope your ok. And take your time everyone. Like i said...I wont reply starting Friday.
MSolara
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by MSolara »

Daed: understood!

Vampire: hope everything gets better soon!

------

Well, I don't think anyone cares about this but I'll post it nevertheless (I should be studying, but of course I decided to imagine my character's back stories instead of that). And I love to share the products of my procrastination.

Regarding the dragons, I think I stated what they can do in each sheet, but just in case: Boreas is obviously an ice dragon, Raito a lightning one... and for Wyrda and Shiranui, I was planning something more complex (since they are supposedly the result of years of careful gene selection to achieve hunters and racers and blah blah).

Shiranui will be a water x wind dragon hybrid. She inherited mommy's (the wind dragoness) type of lean and aerodynamic body, as well as the long and wide wings, which will make her a potential great flyer in the future --both for speed and long distances. But then, she'll have daddy's swimming abilities: a fine webbing between the claws, an arrow-tip like fin in the tail, a double layer of eyelids that allow her to see underwater (like crocodiles!), the ability to hold her breath for quite a time and a slightly enhanced sight (to be able to track large water prey from above the surface). Her 'breath' weapon should be a jet of (pressurized? I don't know how to say that... strong?) water.

Wyrda is a fire x wind hybrid. Her mother is the same as Shira's, so they share those windy traits (edit [with Daed's permission]: she'll also have enough control over the air to manipulate wind currents and go faster/make complicated manoeuvres easier). From daddy she got the fire breath, which, at the moment, is purple coloured and weaker than a standard dragon's one (I'll explain that IC soon!). Also from the father, who is a fine hunter (and some say he's a decent fighter as well), she got a slightly more fibrous body, spikes and enhanced senses. Those last one's purpose should be to allow her to track prey or enemies easily... but of course she never used them for that. Instead, she prefers to use the superior sight and hearing for gossiping and spying her neighbours, and her sense of smell has only been a liability until now (that is why she is so sensitive to 'foul' scents, as for example the one from Sarim's collar). The taste has turned her into a picky eater, as well.
She essentially has a lot of physical and sensory potential, but has developed almost none of it yet. The only aspect of her heritage that she exploited is the wind part she got from mommy: the dragoness is an agile flier, but that is already explained in her sheet.

So that should be it for the dragon part! All of them will have their respective weaknesses, of course. It's just more fun to explain the strengths.

------

As for the Blazefyrus family... I imagined a whole lot of lore for them (Daed, if you read this and agree with the story, I'll probably make a longer and deeper explanation... once finals are over!)

In very few words: generations and many, many years ago, the elven family lived side by side with a clan of wild dragons. Long battles for territory and resources happened, but finally an unstable truce was achieved. The tension turned into tolerance, and tolerance eventually led to genuine friendship between the two races. They learned from each other, changed their ways a little bit, and even began to consider themselves a big family. When the elves left their home and decided to settle down in the current city, many of the dragons followed them (those were the funders of the Blazefyrus' dragon lineages of today, after they began to cross themselves with the local tame dragons). There are more dragons than elves in the family, so many of the scaly ones are not bonded to a single elf, but rather are loyal to the whole group and consider it a clan of sorts. They are free to come and go as they please, but years have passed since a dragon chose the wilderness over the family, and they carry the Blazefyrus emblem with pride instead.
Both elves and dragons follow an intricate code of rules and traditions that not many outside the family can fully understand. They can be viewed as eccentric, if not a little bit sectarian and shady. For example, selling of dragons does occasionally happen, but only if the draconian itself approves the exchange. And many more weird things I imagined.

Is that idea alright?
I really don't think it's relevant at all for the RP LOL... but I like to write and talk.

Okay.
I should study now.
Bye.
Last edited by MSolara on August 20th, 2015, 9:27:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DC scroll.
Evergen Weyr: a Dragonrider's of Pern RP site :haha:
ParadiseSeeker
CreaturesTrade

Post by ParadiseSeeker »

Mslora, I've been thinking of Sarim actually being able to talk but it pains him and his voice sound crack. Anyways, I was wondering if maybe dear Sarim could stick around with Wydra and Alowin I love how the dragoness gets a fit from his uncleanness.
“...she said all writers were prima donnas, drunks, social misfits, pompous, or depressed. Brilliant, maybe, but completely crazy.” ― Ilsa J. Bick
DaedAir
CreaturesTrade

Post by DaedAir »

@MSolara -- I think what you have is fine. I might post something along your lines dealing with Rowan's background and how he got that dreaded wing of his. But I like what you got.

As...err...another side Note, this will probably be my only post today. Depending if the hotel I'm at Has WiFi or not; I may post later on tonight. I can guarantee though, that any posts in the IC will not happen. Posts and responses here, might though, since it's not really anything I have to think about. Haha.

Ok, enough of me saying nearly the same thing over n over again. I'll talk to you guys all later. I hope the lot of you, have a fantastic and fabulous weekend!!!!

Question: For the Dragon language; any...specific word usage for swears?? Or are we assuming that dragons know them from the 'Common Language' ????

Return to “Backstage”