May 2024 Donis: Plumed Crystalwings (#1498-1499)

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Pallastronomy
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

May 2024 Donis: Plumed Crystalwings (#1498-1499)

Post by Pallastronomy »

Happy almost-birthday Magistream! Here are this years May donis
Sprites by Mysfytt, descriptions by Real

Creature #1498: Purple Plumed Crystalwing

Hatchling

Adult

Creature #1499: Golden Plumed Crystalwing

Hatchling

Adult

All descriptions are identical for both

A beautiful polished gem adorns this heavy egg.

Hatchling Description
Spoiler
Like every other crystalwing, this hatchling has tiny gems encrusted in its body. It is both extremely heavy and beautiful. Not one, but two pairs of wings grow on its back, currently too small to give it flight. But you know that with time, this tiny hatchling will be as graceful flying as all the birds are. The hatchling attempts to fly every so often, but the small wings and its heaviness keep it grounded no matter how hard it tries to take flight. Not as attracted by shiny objects as other crystalwings, the hatchling is more interested in the shape of colorful rocks, loving to stack them on top of each other. Although loyal and sometimes even inseparable from you, the hatchling sometimes wanders in the newly excavated part of the Keep, where it spends hours seemingly admiring the rune-covered walls.
Adult Description
Spoiler
The once fragile-looking hatchling has turned into a majestic creature. Two sets of wings sit on its back, covered in delicate feathers. The same feathers adorn the crystalwing's arms, and you suspect they are partly - if not entirely - the reason why this creature flies so elegantly. The crystalwings' flight is silent, and they can reach extraordinary heights, no matter how heavy their gem-encrusted body is. When the crystalwings' gems catch the sunlight, they reflect a kaleidoscope of colors, and many nobles keep them as companions simply because of this. At the same time, they are also picked as companions by magi who are more inclined towards the air and earth elements. Besides possessing silent flight and natural strength, the plumed crystalwings have magical abilities over the two elements, manipulating gusts of air and reshaping the earth. Even so, no matter what element a magi has or has not chosen, these crystalwings are a common sight on the Keep grounds. Although they were dormant for many years and are now ready to explore the world, the plumed crystalwings will forever call the Keep their home.
General Description
Spoiler
With each passing year, magi gather more and more information about the crystalwings, majestic creatures that come in different colors: the traditional purple and golden, but also in blue, bronze, and green. If the local villagers once regarded them as myth, the crystalwings are now a common sight. The plumed ones sport a second pair of wings and delicate feathers on their arms, allowing them to fly high in the sky, usually swarming over the top of mountains. Their flight is silent and graceful, the crystals adorning their bodies glistening in the sunlight the higher they fly. While most crystalwings make their nests in the caves of Nareau, surrounded by crystals, the plumed ones were discovered right under the Keep. No one knows how long the plumed crystalwings waited in slumber, only to be awakened by the recent excavations. Having less interest in crystals than their cousins, the plumed crystalwings rarely molt. However, when they do, the fallen gems are collected and made into fine jewelry, usually imbued with magic by the wearers.
Last edited by Pallastronomy on May 1st, 2024, 3:29:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Will try my best to return any clicks!
Gender Swaps

My about me is still pretty accurate as far as wishlists go, but here is my wishlist of what individual creatures I’m currently prioritizing most/other specifics!
25/25 gifts! Thank you so much!
Lestat
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: May 2024 Donis: Plumed Crystalwings (#1498-1499)

Post by Lestat »

Gonna have to grab alot of these babies
Searching for non parents
Dark Umbral Fox
Penumbral Fox
Solveir
Fenrir Male
White Fenrir M and F
Vermillion Heligre f and m
Masked Heligre f and m
Atieno m and f
Jord Jormungandr
Aegyr Jormungandr
Brimstone Xhimrau
Opaline Xhimrau
Vahti Female
GuardianAnthony
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by GuardianAnthony »

Definitely got my hands on both. Cannot wait to see what they look like!
Image Image Image Image

Image Dragon Cave | Virtuadopt | Final Outpost | Daily Nursery Image
Looking for Indigo Gurita & Sepia Sepiida Doni pets!
Collector of all things tentacled~!
Anni Wishlist! <3
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

Ooh! I can't wait to see how these look.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
GuardianAnthony
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Forgive me, but mobile can be a pain to post from. :derr:

Anyway, I got both hatchlings ready to go, and I’ll spoiler them both just in case!

Purple Plumed Crystalwing
Spoiler

Like every other crystalwing, this hatchling has tiny gems encrusted in its body. It is both extremely heavy and beautiful. Not one, but two pairs of wings grow on its back, currently too small to give it flight. But you know that with time, this tiny hatchling will be as graceful flying as all the birds are. The hatchling attempts to fly every so often, but the small wings and its heaviness keep it grounded no matter how hard it tries to take flight. Not as attracted by shiny objects as other crystalwings, the hatchling is more interested in the shape of colorful rocks, loving to stack them on top of each other. Although loyal and sometimes even inseparable from you, the hatchling sometimes wanders in the newly excavated part of the Keep, where it spends hours seemingly admiring the rune-covered walls.
Gold Plumed Crystalwing
Spoiler

Description seems to remain the same as the Purple Plummed Crystalwing.
Unsure if there will be differences between male and female, as I got one gender of each kind. :P Guess we’ll see!

Update

I've got the adult for the Gold Plumed Crystalwing! See spoiler below!
Spoiler

The once fragile-looking hatchling has turned into a majestic creature. Two sets of wings sit on its back, covered in delicate feathers. The same feathers adorn the crystalwing's arms, and you suspect they are partly - if not entirely - the reason why this creature flies so elegantly. The crystalwings' flight is silent, and they can reach extraordinary heights, no matter how heavy their gem-encrusted body is. When the crystalwings' gems catch the sunlight, they reflect a kaleidoscope of colors, and many nobles keep them as companions simply because of this. At the same time, they are also picked as companions by magi who are more inclined towards the air and earth elements. Besides possessing silent flight and natural strength, the plumed crystalwings have magical abilities over the two elements, manipulating gusts of air and reshaping the earth. Even so, no matter what element a magi has or has not chosen, these crystalwings are a common sight on the Keep grounds. Although they were dormant for many years and are now ready to explore the world, the plumed crystalwings will forever call the Keep their home.
Image Image Image Image

Anni Wishlist! <3
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

So, they look like updated elders or similar to the pteira, which are my favorite. I might have to scrape together some gold if they show up in LTS.

Just saw the gold adult. Yes, these are stunning and return to form of my favorite type of crystalwing pheno.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon: Image [url=https://magistream.com/creature/14990075]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
GuardianAnthony
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

The Purple Plumed Crystalwing Adult is here!

The description of the adult matches the description of the Adult Gold Plumed Crystalwing in my last post!

Both are absolutely gorgeous!
Image Image Image Image

Anni Wishlist! <3
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

11/10 these are beautiful <3
bebbies:

Buy from Winter 2011 & 2012
Gemcrafter Lineage
Wishlist

Thank you for all the gifts! <3
I'm 700 drinks in :well:

LunatheDragoness
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by LunatheDragoness »

I thank the Magistream gods that I can get these next year when I have money to spend :t-hugme:
Spiraling out of control and deeper down the rabbit hole
"Ronald" - Falling In Reverse, Tech N9ne & Alex Terrible
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

The AquariumGolden Claw
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Oh my word, these are STUNNING :D
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!

Return to “Community Discussion”