Magistream Monthly Newsletter - March 2024

Learn about the latest updates here.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Magistream Monthly Newsletter - March 2024

Post by Rosehill »

The Magistream Newsletter contains information on what we're currently working on and planning, what technical issues have been fixed and are being worked on, as well as information of upcoming events or happenings in the near future. We'll also gladly hear if you have other topics you'd like to be included in upcoming newsletters! Feel free to discuss these ideas in this very same thread. ^.^

New features and happenings since the last Newsletter:
  • A thread regarding gold and the possible solutions we've thought of has been posted, and we'd like to get input from all of you! Please comment latest during March 31st: viewtopic.php?t=233947
  • Valentine's Day Event and related competition was launched and completed (February 14th-March 10th)
  • February Midmonth Donation Pet got released (February 15th)
  • Regular release: Spring Kuei (February 23rd)
  • March Monthly Donation Pets were released (March 1st)
  • The Shimmering Shop stock changed to past March Donation Creatures (March 1st)
  • Regular release: Iridescent Horsefly (March 13th)
  • Three new items are available! The Vial of Life can sometimes be acquired by breeding life element creatures. The Crossing stone can sometimes be acquired by breeding creatures of different species together. Breeding Enhancer Potion can be crafted (in Inventory's Crafting tab) from the Vial of Life and the Crossing Stone. The Breeding Enhancer Potion can be used on creatures' breeding screen to increase the chance of the breeding producing an egg.
  • Around 80 creature species that were previously unable to breed at all, or unable to produce offspring of their own species now can. This mostly includes old retired event creatures and Koi Pond creatures.
Upcoming events and happenings:
  • March Midmonth Donation Pet (March 15th)
  • Black Market will return
  • Spring Event (around March 26th)
  • April Monthly Donation Pets (April 1st)
  • The Shimmering Shop stock changes to past April Donation Creatures (April 1st)
  • April Fools (April 1st)
  • April Midmonth Donation Pet (April 15th)
  • April Newsletter (around April 18th)
Game things being actively worked on:
  • April Fools event
  • April shenanigans related to Magistream's 15 years
  • Gold mechanic adjustments
  • Going through the FAQ and Rules and updating them
Team discussion/planning has been revolving around:
  • The research paper competition
  • Maintenance
  • The Black Market
  • Ways to make retired creatures available
  • Gold
Technical things that have been fixed:
  • A maintenance break on the site was during March 9th and March 10th. During the maintenance break some background stuff got updated, spam accounts were purged, and some other smaller maintenance tasks were done.
Technical fixes being worked on:
A reminder that known bigger issues are listed in the Report Site Errors thread's first post. They are now also put approximately in order of which fixes will be worked on first.
  • Investigating an issue with donations. Starting from March 12th the automatic shard granting has been turned off for the time being, and your shards will get added manually as quickly as possible after your donation.
  • Optimizing central parts of the site's code. Once this is done it should help make things load faster and also allow for using items, embedding multiple, and adding creatures to trades from other than the main tab.
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: Magistream Monthly Newsletter - March 2024

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Three new items are available! The Vial of Life can sometimes be acquired by breeding life element creatures. The Crossing stone can sometimes be acquired by breeding creatures of different species together. Breeding Enhancer Potion can be crafted (in Inventory's Crafting tab) from the Vial of Life and the Crossing Stone. The Breeding Enhancer Potion can be used on creatures' breeding screen to increase the chance of the breeding producing an egg.
How much does the Breeding Enhancer Potion help? It certainly isn't a 100% chance, but what % does it help? Is it worth the effort of using or gathering the ingredients? If it's a random variable, that's fine, but can you please post the range?
Around 80 creature species that were previously unable to breed at all, or unable to produce offspring of their own species now can. This mostly includes old retired event creatures and Koi Pond creatures.
Can we have a list please?
I didn't see mention of anything about using gender potions from any tab other than main.. can this be fixed soon too?
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

CinnaminDraconna wrote: March 14th, 2024, 9:46:01 am
I didn't see mention of anything about using gender potions from any tab other than main.. can this be fixed soon too?
This seems like something that would probably be covered by the whole "allow for using items, embedding multiple, and adding creatures to trades from other than the main tab" in the last bullet.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Post by Rosehill »

CinnaminDraconna wrote: March 14th, 2024, 9:46:01 am
Three new items are available! The Vial of Life can sometimes be acquired by breeding life element creatures. The Crossing stone can sometimes be acquired by breeding creatures of different species together. Breeding Enhancer Potion can be crafted (in Inventory's Crafting tab) from the Vial of Life and the Crossing Stone. The Breeding Enhancer Potion can be used on creatures' breeding screen to increase the chance of the breeding producing an egg.
How much does the Breeding Enhancer Potion help? It certainly isn't a 100% chance, but what % does it help? Is it worth the effort of using or gathering the ingredients? If it's a random variable, that's fine, but can you please post the range?
Around 80 creature species that were previously unable to breed at all, or unable to produce offspring of their own species now can. This mostly includes old retired event creatures and Koi Pond creatures.
Can we have a list please?
The breeding enchancer potion increases the odds of the pair producing an egg around 10-40%.

Here's a list of everything that became breedable:
Spoiler
Creatures that were unbreedable before but can now breed:
Akamura Ikonoki
Amethyst Koi
Blue Krysos
Brown Amagnae
Caramel Xocomel
Cascara Amagnae
Cestoda
Charaen
Chocolate Viyasant
Chocolate Xocomel
Chromatic Wugu Amagnae
Cibeus Crab
Cootie
Deadwood Deer
Decaying Mawdracon
Domestic Amagnae
Dragon Koi
Dulcine Amagnae
Dust Bunny
Ethereal Amagnae
Fabari
Felos
Foenaran Nimbii
Forgotten Unicorn
Giant Sylph
Golden Aculeus
Golden Krysos
Goldfish
Green Krysos
Green Taedan Gryphon
Helias Amagnae
Hollowjack
Kaminku Ikonoki
King Foenaran Nimbii
Mohrior
Olive Amagnae
Ornate Sylph
Otrovian Amagnae
Pastel Wugu Amagnae
Phoenix Amagnae
Plectra Amagnae
Pocket Sylph
Purple Krysos
Reaper Amagnae
Red Krysos
Red Taedan Gryphon
Rotting Cukurba
Savis Mouse
Sepulghul
Silver Amagnae
Silver Krysos
Skelmblor
Snow Dragon
Spectral Mawdracon
Striped Taedan Gryphon
Turducken
Uhyz
White Aculeus

Creatures that could breed before but didn't produce their own species, and now also produce their own species:
White Holly Jackalope
Black Holly Jackalope
Vernox Dragon
Wreath Confara Pegasus
Sleighbell Confara Pegasus
Glyceris Drakeling
Crycoris Drakeling
Ruby Koi
Chantecler Dismot
Catalana Dismot
Welbar Dismot
Game Dismot
Bantam Dismot
Legbar Dismot

Creatures that couldn't interbreed before but now can, or otherwise got new offspring possibilities:
Flint Citellan + Oaxacan Citellan -> can now interbreed
Daius Esplendit + Noctus Esplendit -> can now interbreed
Viyasant -> now breeds with chocolate viyasant to produce chocolate viyasants
Cukurba -> now has a chance of producing rotting cukurbas, and also breeds with rotting cukurba
White Cukurba -> now has a chance of producing rotting cukurbas, and also breeds with rotting cukurba
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Will Albino Direwolves ever be able to breed with Manticores? or Direcores?
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

Rosehill wrote: March 14th, 2024, 4:19:36 am
oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!! :woo: thank you!! my slyph army shall grow endlessly now! :yey:
Please help my babies grow C:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Site News”